X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Von Miller

Which brings me to try in vain to think of any plays we made two weeks ago against the Jets RT.

I admit that I was concerned about his size during the draft, maybe because of the Maybin experiment; but Miller has proved otherwise.

He's exactly the kind of guy the Bills are sorely missing.

Not that the Bills had any chance of getting him, but I'd still pick Dareus if we had a choice. Bona fide star DTs are very hard to find, and I think Dareus is on that path. In case you need to know, I'd not put Kyle Williams on that star DT category. The raw physical power and feet agility demanded of that position are impossible to compensate or be schemed out. Edge pass rushing ability can sometimes be disguised with various blitz schemes.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Von Miller

I was very very high on Miller but then I noticed that most of his sacks came by using speed. Thought he would struggle to engage OTs. Well, I was wrong on that for sure. Sometimes we really over-analyze draft picks.

Miller really did have all the requirements for a top 10 pick. Athleticism, attitude, big time production over 2-3 seasons and size. Not a huge guy but very thick and powerful in the lower body.

Good for him, hopefully Dareus doesn't disappoint.

Comment

• methos4ever
      • Apr 2004

Miller also shows how in concert with Dumervil you have guys that beat blocks one-on-one and then you can build scheme wise off of that. Most of our OLBs can't do that, so when we blitz it's more of running into o-linemen than pressure...

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

He is impressive.
        Just think we would have had him if he was there at #3.
        But Im happy with Dareus and now we go after the OLB pass rusher next year.
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Miller is good and we could sure use him, but we couldn't have both and I like our pick so I'm happy. Had Merrimen panned out, we'd probably have won those 2 games we lost by 3 pts.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Miller is good and we could sure use him, but we couldn't have both and I like our pick so I'm happy. Had Merrimen panned out, we'd probably have won those 2 games we lost by 3 pts.
            I think the Bills might have won that Jets game with a healthy Merriman as well. It was a close game still in the 3rd Qtr.

I am happy the Bills got Dareus as well, but there is no question Miller was the right pick & a great pick by the Broncos.

Comment

• dog14787
              • Oct 2010

Von Miller is the right hand of God

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dog14787
                Von Miller is the right hand of God
                I thought that was Tebow...

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  I thought that was Tebow...
                  Then you are not paying atention, Tebow is God's left hand.
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

I think Von Miller wins DROY. He has 9.5 sacks in 10 games and is improving as the year goes along.

Last night he was a terror. He had 10 tackles, 1.5 sacks and deflected a pass. He was consistently pressuring the passer and did a great job chasing plays down from behind.

Miller is probably the Broncos best player, and that is 10 games into his rookie season.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

von miller was drafted 2nd we had the 3rd pick

so who cares what he does.... same situation as p.willis he was drafted right in front of us

im ok with our pick but idc what the guy does unless its vs the bills

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• dog14787
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                        von miller was drafted 2nd we had the 3rd pick

so who cares what he does.... same situation as p.willis he was drafted right in front of us

im ok with our pick but idc what the guy does unless its vs the bills
                        Watching Von Miller make Mark Sanchez look like a Mexican bean burrito that's been run over by a locomotive must give you some appreciation for what Miller brings to the table.
                        Last edited by Figster; 11-18-2011, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by dog14787
                          Watching Von Miller make Mark Sanchez look like a Mexican burrito that's been run over by a locomotive must give you some appreciation for what Miller brings to the table.
                          Con todo respeto, no entiendo la comparacion. Podrias explicarte mejor o simplemente dejar de hacer comparaciones que no tienen sentido, te lo agradeceria infinitamente, d14787. Gracias.
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Whiffed on Miller, didn't think he had the strength to play against the run. The way he is slipping blocks right now is something he have to do at A&M and I didn't think he could.

I was completely wrong on him.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

I would have been happy with Miller if Denver had taken Dareus. Either way, we needed one or the other. If we had taken Miller we'd be talking about drafting a top Dlineman to help in the pass rush and to help stop the run.

Comment

Working...
                              X