PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller

ghz in pittsburgh
11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Which brings me to try in vain to think of any plays we made two weeks ago against the Jets RT.

I admit that I was concerned about his size during the draft, maybe because of the Maybin experiment; but Miller has proved otherwise.

He's exactly the kind of guy the Bills are sorely missing.

Not that the Bills had any chance of getting him, but I'd still pick Dareus if we had a choice. Bona fide star DTs are very hard to find, and I think Dareus is on that path. In case you need to know, I'd not put Kyle Williams on that star DT category. The raw physical power and feet agility demanded of that position are impossible to compensate or be schemed out. Edge pass rushing ability can sometimes be disguised with various blitz schemes.

Mahdi
11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
I was very very high on Miller but then I noticed that most of his sacks came by using speed. Thought he would struggle to engage OTs. Well, I was wrong on that for sure. Sometimes we really over-analyze draft picks.

Miller really did have all the requirements for a top 10 pick. Athleticism, attitude, big time production over 2-3 seasons and size. Not a huge guy but very thick and powerful in the lower body.

Good for him, hopefully Dareus doesn't disappoint.

methos4ever
11-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Miller also shows how in concert with Dumervil you have guys that beat blocks one-on-one and then you can build scheme wise off of that. Most of our OLBs can't do that, so when we blitz it's more of running into o-linemen than pressure...

tampabay25690
11-18-2011, 08:56 AM
He is impressive.
Just think we would have had him if he was there at #3.
But Im happy with Dareus and now we go after the OLB pass rusher next year.

mysticsoto
11-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Miller is good and we could sure use him, but we couldn't have both and I like our pick so I'm happy. Had Merrimen panned out, we'd probably have won those 2 games we lost by 3 pts. :(

better days
11-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Miller is good and we could sure use him, but we couldn't have both and I like our pick so I'm happy. Had Merrimen panned out, we'd probably have won those 2 games we lost by 3 pts. :(

I think the Bills might have won that Jets game with a healthy Merriman as well. It was a close game still in the 3rd Qtr.

I am happy the Bills got Dareus as well, but there is no question Miller was the right pick & a great pick by the Broncos.

Figster
11-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Von Miller is the right hand of God :hitself:

mysticsoto
11-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Von Miller is the right hand of God :hitself:

I thought that was Tebow...

The last buffalo fan
11-18-2011, 09:59 AM
I thought that was Tebow...

Then you are not paying atention, Tebow is God's left hand.

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I think Von Miller wins DROY. He has 9.5 sacks in 10 games and is improving as the year goes along.

Last night he was a terror. He had 10 tackles, 1.5 sacks and deflected a pass. He was consistently pressuring the passer and did a great job chasing plays down from behind.

Miller is probably the Broncos best player, and that is 10 games into his rookie season.

mikemac2001
11-18-2011, 10:12 AM
von miller was drafted 2nd we had the 3rd pick

so who cares what he does.... same situation as p.willis he was drafted right in front of us

im ok with our pick but idc what the guy does unless its vs the bills

Figster
11-18-2011, 10:29 AM

so who cares what he does.... same situation as p.willis he was drafted right in front of us

im ok with our pick but idc what the guy does unless its vs the bills

Watching Von Miller make Mark Sanchez look like a Mexican bean burrito that's been run over by a locomotive must give you some appreciation for what Miller brings to the table.

The last buffalo fan
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Watching Von Miller make Mark Sanchez look like a Mexican burrito that's been run over by a locomotive must give you some appreciation for what Miller brings to the table.

Con todo respeto, no entiendo la comparacion. Podrias explicarte mejor o simplemente dejar de hacer comparaciones que no tienen sentido, te lo agradeceria infinitamente, d14787. Gracias.

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Whiffed on Miller, didn't think he had the strength to play against the run. The way he is slipping blocks right now is something he have to do at A&M and I didn't think he could.

I was completely wrong on him.

mysticsoto
11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
I would have been happy with Miller if Denver had taken Dareus. Either way, we needed one or the other. If we had taken Miller we'd be talking about drafting a top Dlineman to help in the pass rush and to help stop the run.

ddaryl
11-18-2011, 11:40 AM
yes we need a stud DE and a stud pass rushing OLB.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2011, 11:47 AM

That's because the Bills are not even good at sucking. Hurray for meaningless wins.

Figster
11-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Con todo respeto, no entiendo la comparacion. Podrias explicarte mejor o simplemente dejar de hacer comparaciones que no tienen sentido, te lo agradeceria infinitamente, d14787. Gracias.

Permítanme responder a la pregunta antes de que se hace la pregunta, Si estoy fuera de mis sentidos y va a pique rápidamente ...

madness
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM
I did like Miller but I still dream about AJ Green lining up opposite of SJ.

mysticsoto
11-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Permítanme responder a la pregunta antes de que se hace la pregunta, Si estoy fuera de mis sentidos y va a pique rápidamente ...

Ay-yay-yay...no es bueno.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/chars/thumbs/char_45456_thumb.jpg

The last buffalo fan
11-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Ay-yay-yay...no es bueno.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/chars/thumbs/char_45456_thumb.jpg

Lo se. :ill:

better days
11-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Watching Von Miller make Mark Sanchez look like a Mexican bean burrito that's been run over by a locomotive must give you some appreciation for what Miller brings to the table.

I read Sanchez's lips after that, he was saying NO MAS.

Ed
11-18-2011, 04:55 PM
I didn't want Von Miller. My top choices were Dareus or Patrick Peterson, but Miller has been awesome. What's impressive to me is that he's playing OLB in a 4-3. I've heard a lot of people say that he'd be even better in a 3-4.

The Jokeman
11-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I think Von Miller wins DROY. He has 9.5 sacks in 10 games and is improving as the year goes along.

Last night he was a terror. He had 10 tackles, 1.5 sacks and deflected a pass. He was consistently pressuring the passer and did a great job chasing plays down from behind.

Miller is probably the Broncos best player, and that is 10 games into his rookie season.
One could argue Ryan Kerrigan is having a better "all around" season and while he has less sacks (5.0) he also has similar tackle numbers but more pass defensed (4 >0), more TDs (1 > 0), more forced fumbles (4 vs 2).

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 06:51 PM
One could argue Ryan Kerrigan is having a better "all around" season and while he has less sacks (5.0) he also has similar tackle numbers but more pass defensed (4 >0), more TDs (1 > 0), more forced fumbles (4 vs 2).

I'm not sure where you got your numbers, but Von Miller has 3 passes defensed (had one last night) and 3 FF. Either way, VM pass-rush skills make him a much bigger difference-maker. It is a rare skill, and he is already one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. It isn't just his sacks, he gets consistent pressure (had 4 QB hits besides his sacks last night) and is very disruptive (3 of his tackes were for loss last night).

In short, the kid is a terror, and 10 games into his career he is already the best player on his team. I like Kerrigan (JJ Watt is good as well), but he doesn't disrupt the offense like Miller.

Oaf
11-19-2011, 12:32 PM
It would have been a win-win.

EDS
11-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Von Miller is looking like a sure fire defensive rookie of the year and pro bowler. He is EXACTLY the type of player the Bills defense needs.

DraftBoy - Any Miller like talents available in the 2012 draft?

Luisito23
11-19-2011, 04:07 PM
If Buffalo had drafted Miller he would be on his way to being a bust, just like every single high draft pick we've drafted.

Canadian'eh!
11-19-2011, 04:35 PM
I wanted Miller... he was my #1 overall pick. (to be fair I felt Newton was a mega bust and he's been good so far.)

He wasn't there at #3 so you can't crap on the Bills FO for this one. I still like Dareus at #3. He will be a big part of the D even if he never puts up big #'s.

Oaf
11-19-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm confident 50% of the board would have gone insane if we had picked May- I mean, Miller.

Canadian'eh!
11-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm confident 50% of the board would have gone insane if we had picked May- I mean, Miller.

If the Lions had gotten shy about recent past mistakes they wouldn't have Calvin Johnson...... Can't be afraid to try.......

EDS
11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
If the Lions had gotten shy about recent past mistakes they wouldn't have Calvin Johnson...... Can't be afraid to try.......

So you are thinking Bills go running back in the first round next year, right?

: )

Oaf
11-19-2011, 07:38 PM
The Bills current FO didn't pick Maybin in the first place. But it's a moot point anyway, I was considering the fanbase, not the FO being gunshy.

Canadian'eh!
11-19-2011, 07:44 PM
So you are thinking Bills go running back in the first round next year, right?

: )

If that Running back were the next Adrian Peterson.... yes.