PDA

View Full Version : Even after the last two weeks there are no excuses and we control our own destiny

BillsFever21
11-18-2011, 06:00 PM
With the Jets being upset by the Broncos last night if we win our next two games(which is highly unlikely) we would be 7-4 and the Jets would be 5-6. We would hold a two game lead over the Jets for the last WC spot.

The Bengals also play the Ravens. Assuming the Ravens win that would leave the Bengals with 4 losses after this week. The Ravens would also have 4 losses if they didn't win but they have more staying power then the Bengals do. The Bengals also have to play the Steelers and Ravens again before the end of the season.

The Titans play the Falcons this week and then Tampa next week before we play them in Buffalo. Then after that they play the Saints. Assuming that they lose at least one of the Falcons/Saints games and IF we could beat them that would give them 6 losses for the season. The rest of their schedule is pretty easy so we need this scenario to play out.

So if somehow we could get on a roll and win the next two games or even better three games in a row we would have at least a 2 game lead on the Jets and Titans with only 4 games to go.

From the way we have been playing I don't see it happening but if we can get our shiet together and go on another roll we could set ourselves up very nicely for the final 4 games of the season as long as we didn't bomb out. These next 2 or 3 weeks will determine the rest of our season. I don't see us winning all three of these games. We would be lucky to even win two of them but if somehow we could we could be in great shape. If after that we could beat the Broncos and Dolphins at home that would get us to 10 wins which would probably secure the final WC spot.

Lets just hope this team comes ready to play. If we only win 2 of the next 3 we need a win against the Jets for sure and if we could beat the Titans too then it would go a long ways. Even after our horrible past month we control our own destiny over the next 3 weeks to set ourselves up in a good position for the final WC spot if we can somehow win all 3 of them.

What's said is we got killed by the Jets then they get blown out by the Patriots and beat by the Broncos. The Cowboys also were not playing great leading into our game. That says a lot about our team and how bad we have been.

We really screwed ourselves. If we could have even won the Bengals game and then won the next two games we could have put the Jets away and the Bengals wouldn't have been much of an issue anymore either since we would've held the WC spot on us. Even after all that there will be no excuses if we don't seize the moment. We will see what Gailey, Fitzpatrick and the rest of our team is made of these next two or three games.

BLeonard
11-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Need to beat Miami before we start worrying about the Jets.

The Bills play like they have the past two weeks, they'll be 5-5 after this Sunday as well.

-Bill

The Jokeman
11-18-2011, 06:38 PM

The Bills play like they have the past two weeks, they'll be 5-5 after this Sunday as well.

-Bill
I'm sure Wanny wants to beat Miami in the worse way so don't be shocked if the Bills D comes up big Sunday.

Cntrygal
11-18-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm sure Wanny wants to beat Miami in the worse way so don't be shocked if the Bills D comes up big Sunday.

I hope the early season Bills team show up to play!!!

BLeonard
11-18-2011, 06:52 PM

I'm sure Chan wanted to beat Dallas too... We see how well that worked...

Hell, Wanny worked for Dallas before, as well.

-Bill

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Why isn't George Edwards fired?

Skooby
11-18-2011, 08:13 PM
1 game at a time. Ray Lewis is sidelined with a bad toe, so I wouldn't hand the Ravens a W just yet.

BillsFever21
11-18-2011, 08:21 PM

-Bill

I agree with both points. This was just a hopeful hypothetical scenario that would be great if it plays out that way.

I definitely agree that if the Bills play like they have lately and Miami continues with their improved play over the past several weeks we will definitely lose this game. Especially in Miami.

Lets just hope the Bills have their shiet together these next 2 or three weeks. If they continue to stink it up and lose then it will be all the proof any of us will need to show that our early season success was only a fluke. If they can turn it around and play good these next couple weeks and beat Miami and the Jets then it will give some hope that they just went into their funk that most middle-tier teams do throughout some point in the season. We will find out this weekend and the next week or two after that.

We will find out what this team is truly made of and what kind of heart they have. If they can come back from their funk over the past month and especially their horrible play the past couple weeks and put together a two or three game winning streak then we would be in good shape.

We control our own destiny especially after the Jets losing to the Broncos. There will be no excuses if the Bills continue to play like crap and don't seize this opportunity. Good teams would seize this opportunity and bad teams would continue playing like crap and waste the opportunity.

BillsFever21
11-18-2011, 09:26 PM
After looking at the Jets schedule they have a very easy schedule the rest of the season. They only play one team with a winning record after us and that's against the Giants. The rest of their games are against the Redskins, Dolphins, Eagles and Chiefs.

We still have to play the Patriots which will most definitely be a loss. Along with that we have the Titans, Broncos, Dolphins and the Chargers who won't be an easy game. They have been struggling as of late but they are still a tough team and this is usually the time of the year they play their best. Too bad we couldn't have gotten them over the past month while they were playing like crap.

All that means we MUST win at least our next two games. If we don't then any chance of the final WC spot is slim to none. If anything we desperately need a win against the Titans too since they have an easy schedule the rest of the season.

It's looking like 10-6 should make the playoffs especially if you have the tiebreakers. We need to take care of business first over the next few weeks and finish strong after that and hope the Bengals finish 9-7.

Assuming we lose to the Patriots can this team finish 5-1 the rest of the games? I don't see it happening but it would sure be nice. In the end I see us with 8 wins or maybe 7 wins if we continue to bomb out and prove the first month was a fluke and everyone will be looking back at them couple games and saying if only we could have won them.

Jeff1220
11-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Don't try to get me all worked up and hopeful for the playoffs at this point. Between the injuries/lack of depth, the O in a funk, and the already weak D, I just don't see playoffs. I'd love it, but I'll wait to buy in until it's clinched.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Chan Gailey needs to stop thinking his 1990's offense is going to work every single drive. His play calling has been pissing me off for 5 weeks now.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Don't try to get me all worked up and hopeful for the playoffs at this point. Between the injuries/lack of depth, the O in a funk, and the already weak D, I just don't see playoffs. I'd love it, but I'll wait to buy in until it's clinched.

I don't think there is a snow balls chance in hell the Bills make the playoffs.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Also, another thing that pisses me off is when they run plays without a running back in the backfield. They do this so often and it's obvious to defense that they are passing. Come to think of it, I want to know what Chan is even thinking. This is not 1980. You can't just keep passing on decent teams. Chan seems to be teaching this guys well enough to execute but some of these plays are down right awful.

jamze132
11-19-2011, 01:35 AM
The Bills need to worry about the game in front of them and not look forward. If you win, everything else takes care of itself.

Don't Panic
11-19-2011, 07:04 AM
The Bills need to worry about the game in front of them and not look forward.

True, but I'm pretty sure none of them are on this board so I wouldn't sweat it! You are right though... one game at a time.

We need to knock the piss out of the Dolphins Sunday if for anything because we need our confidence back. Combine that confidence with some bitterness from the Jets game and we just might pull the upset against the Jets.

It is going to take 10 wins to get in (and maybe a tiebreaker at that), so if we win the next two we're in great shape. This thing could still go either way. I'm just happy to be at a double digit week in the season and still be talking about the possibility of a postseason rather than who we're looking at in the draft.

Figster
11-19-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't think there is a snow balls chance in hell the Bills make the playoffs.

Do you realize If Cincy beats the Ravens this weekend and the Bills win, Buffalo will be holding the last wildcard spot ten games into the season.

The Popcorn
11-19-2011, 09:37 AM
The Bills have to overcome the numerous injuries and play smart football.

Oaf
11-19-2011, 11:33 AM
We'll probably lose against the Broncos too. We suck against the Roethlisberger/Tebow/Romo types.

YardRat
11-19-2011, 12:34 PM

I will be EXTREMELY shocked if those mental midgets come up with anything big this Sunday.

Edwards and Wannstadt will probably let Moore look like Brady or Montana, that's pretty much our MO.