PDA

View Full Version : Fitz contract 16th amongst starting QB's

YardRat
11-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Smack-dab in the middle, right about where it should be.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/inside-the-nfl/article640897.ece

Details of Ryan Fitzpatrick's contract extension are in, and as advertised, it makes him the 16th-highest paid starting QB in the league, with an average salary of $9.83 million a year. Fitzpatrick got a $10 million signing bonus this year. He gets a $5 million option bonus in March. His base salaries are $2.8 million next year, $4.25 million in 2013, $4.35 million in 2014, $7.2 million in 2015, $8.75 million in 2016 and $9.4 million in 2017. He gets $3 million roster bonuses in 2013 and 2014.

Lone Stranger
11-20-2011, 07:38 AM
That's about where he belongs. I think he is competent but I would not go beyond that. He has carried the load to date and there is no one else out there.

better days
11-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Time to earn that average QB contract by playing at least average Fitz & beating the Fins.

2slowtogofast
11-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Time to earn that average QB contract by playing at least average Fitz & beating the Fins.

Yeah, Fitz needs to give us a solid game this week.

Extremebillsfan247
11-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Smack-dab in the middle, right about where it should be.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/inside-the-nfl/article640897.ece

Details of Ryan Fitzpatrick's contract extension are in, and as advertised, it makes him the 16th-highest paid starting QB in the league, with an average salary of $9.83 million a year. Fitzpatrick got a $10 million signing bonus this year. He gets a $5 million option bonus in March. His base salaries are $2.8 million next year, $4.25 million in 2013, $4.35 million in 2014, $7.2 million in 2015, $8.75 million in 2016 and $9.4 million in 2017. He gets $3 million roster bonuses in 2013 and 2014.It's the length of his contract and how much of it the Bills decide to honor that concerns me. Fitz is a good story, cool dude, so I try not to rip him too much. However, I have not been all too impressed with his performance. He's good, but wont ever be great. How he is playing this year is probably the best your going to ever see out of him. I just don't think he is good enough to ever take this team to the next level. The Bills could do a lot better at that position. But now I fear they may have hooked the sink or swim factor to this one. But, that's my opinion.

mrbojanglezs
11-20-2011, 10:33 AM
It's the length of it that concerns me.

His Gauranteed money I almost all paid after the second year

JohnnyGold
11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
It's the length of his contract and how much of it the Bills decide to honor that concerns me. Fitz is a good story, cool dude, so I try not to rip him too much. However, I have not been all too impressed with his performance. He's good, but wont ever be great. How he is playing this year is probably the best your going to ever see out of him. I just don't think he is good enough to ever take this team to the next level. The Bills could do a lot better at that position. But now I fear they may have hooked the sink or swim factor to this one. But, that's my opinion.

i disagree completely.

he has struggled these last 2 games, but the oline is decimated, and stevie is clearly injured to some degree. also, our other wideouts suck.

our offense needs a few free agent signings and another draft.

you can't even look at fitzs picks and really blame him. he threw the ball away when he had to, and forced it when we were so far down and in need of a comeback. alot of them had hands on by receievers anyways.

i think he's the best qb we've had around these parts since jim kelly, and
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/career-passing.htm
statistically he should leap frog flutie and bledsoe by the end of the year.