• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Dear Bills Fan

I would like to take you back a few months to the start of the season. Remember saying that the Bills would be lucky to get 4, 5 or even 6 wins? Some of you even said that the Bills would only get 3 wins.

The Bills then went on an exciting run and lifted our spirits to levels not seen in many, many years. The team was featured everywhere. Props from Jim Romes, NFL Network had the games on playback, players of the week and month and so on. Many fans were even talking playoffs and more.

Then life returned to normal in Bills fan land. The team started playing like we were expecting them to play all season. And maybe even worse than we expected from the Bills.

Let's face reality. The team had a few lucky bounces in the early part of this season and elevated our hopes to unrealistic levels. The team has faced many injuries over the past few weeks adding to our pain and their abysmal play. It's hard to accept, but the team is still a year or two out from being what we thought they were at the beginning of the season.

Enjoy the rest of the season. Pray for a few divisional victories and possibly a sweep of the Patsies and redemption against both the Jests and Fish. After all, it is what many of us were anticipating to begin with.

Signed,
    nbf.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Dear Bills Fan

it's hard to switch gears from playoff team to horrible team so easily tho. i'm pissed this crap keeps happening to us.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

No way to sugar coat a three game losing streak and getting blown out by a 2-7 team. Sorry.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

If the Bills don't win another game the rest of the year, Chan Gailey should be fired.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Why root for wins at this?

I'm just sorry we won 5 games.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

The team started off hot. they kind of came together in the off season. Fitz and the boys eating together etc. We came out with a little confidence and some offensive play that caught some teams off guard. The team got confidence and they got a little roll going. Fred Jackson was icing on the cake.

Forward to the last few weeks. Teams adjusted and are no longer caught off guard. They learned the formula for stopping the short passing game of the Bills. Injury's to several players on the O line and beyond began exposing the lack of depth on the team and here we are. Chan and company had no answer for the defenses that were now stopping our Offense. We were blind to the crappy defense we had all along. They O was able to come back and overcome so we didn't pay attention to the fact the D was giving up almost 500 yards each week. We were winning.

It was fun for awhile but we should have seen it coming. Im included in that. I wanted so bad to believe a corner had been turned. But it has not.
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• paladin warrior
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
              If the Bills don't win another game the rest of the year, Chan Gailey should be fired.
              YES YES I with u ,Fire Fire Chan

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                Will not tolerate vandalism.
                • Apr 2006

Let's face reality. The team had a few lucky bounces in the early part of this season and elevated our hopes to unrealistic levels. The team has faced many injuries over the past few weeks adding to our pain and their abysmal play. It's hard to accept, but the team is still a year or two out from being what we thought they were at the beginning of the season.
                No, you're wrong.

Lucky bounces would not have beaten the Patriots. This team deserved every win they got when they were at 5-2.

The problem is that this team, once again, cannot stay healthy. I remember seeing the replay of the Wood hit. A normal player wouldn't even have been injured, let alone been out for the season, on that hit. This team is filled with a bunch of glass pansies. They don't get it. They don't understand that you can't win when you're not on the field. They have no heart and they don't care for their bodies.

With Williams, Merriman, Lindell and Wood, this team is still winning games and leading the division. These "injured" players ought to be castigated. They ought to be taunted. They ought to be embarrassed. They ought to be flogged.

As long as players don't stay healthy, this team will never be a playoff team. You can keep throwing more players onto the field (see: the 2011 draft) and they won't help one drop if they, and the people around them, keep getting hurt.

And don't give me the luck line. If you depend on luck, there's no hope, because this is Buffalo, and it's never won a title. You want a change of luck, move the team to LA.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

This is a bad team that pulled 3 lucky wins out of their azz. Should be 2-8.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                    • Feb 2005

and yet again the bills are just good enough to be bad enough to not be in a position to finally get a franchise QB
                    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      This is a bad team that pulled 3 lucky wins out of their azz. Should be 2-8.
                      That's the harsh reality of this team.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                        • Oct 2002

After today's game and the injuries piling up, I cant see the Bills winning another game this year. All those FA all those Draft Picks yet no holes filled. PATHETIC!

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

The good news is that my Sunday afternoon's for the rest of the year have just freed up!!

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

This is not a bad team... we have the leading rusher in the NFL (going into today) and led the conference in scoring through 7 weeks. Bad teams don't fluke their way into that. We have a D that is at least a year away and an insurmountable number of injuries to go with a QB who has been mentally weak since becoming a rich man. We are as bad as we could possibly be right now. We'll probably gut out 2 or 3 more wins and finish 2 or 3 games ahead of where most people thought we would. Then we'll have another solid offseason and go from there.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Don't Panic
                              This is not a bad team... we have the leading rusher in the NFL (going into today) and led the conference in scoring through 7 weeks. Bad teams don't fluke their way into that. We have a D that is at least a year away and an insurmountable number of injuries to go with a QB who has been mentally weak since becoming a rich man. We are as bad as we could possibly be right now. We'll probably gut out 2 or 3 more wins and finish 2 or 3 games ahead of where most people thought we would. Then we'll have another solid offseason and go from there.
                              We hope they'll have a solid off season.

The point of this thread is to calm some waters and remind most people what kind of team we fans were expecting to cheer for. It was not the team that started fast out of the gate. Of course it wasn't the team that we have watched the past two weeks either.

Comment

Working...
                              X