PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bills Fan

northernbillfan
11-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I would like to take you back a few months to the start of the season. Remember saying that the Bills would be lucky to get 4, 5 or even 6 wins? Some of you even said that the Bills would only get 3 wins.

The Bills then went on an exciting run and lifted our spirits to levels not seen in many, many years. The team was featured everywhere. Props from Jim Romes, NFL Network had the games on playback, players of the week and month and so on. Many fans were even talking playoffs and more.

Then life returned to normal in Bills fan land. The team started playing like we were expecting them to play all season. And maybe even worse than we expected from the Bills.

Let's face reality. The team had a few lucky bounces in the early part of this season and elevated our hopes to unrealistic levels. The team has faced many injuries over the past few weeks adding to our pain and their abysmal play. It's hard to accept, but the team is still a year or two out from being what we thought they were at the beginning of the season.

Enjoy the rest of the season. Pray for a few divisional victories and possibly a sweep of the Patsies and redemption against both the Jests and Fish. After all, it is what many of us were anticipating to begin with.

Signed,
nbf.

imbondz
11-20-2011, 03:11 PM
it's hard to switch gears from playoff team to horrible team so easily tho. i'm pissed this crap keeps happening to us.

EDS
11-20-2011, 03:14 PM
No way to sugar coat a three game losing streak and getting blown out by a 2-7 team. Sorry.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 03:15 PM
If the Bills don't win another game the rest of the year, Chan Gailey should be fired.

Luisito23
11-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Why root for wins at this?

I'm just sorry we won 5 games.

Billz_fan
11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
The team started off hot. they kind of came together in the off season. Fitz and the boys eating together etc. We came out with a little confidence and some offensive play that caught some teams off guard. The team got confidence and they got a little roll going. Fred Jackson was icing on the cake.

Forward to the last few weeks. Teams adjusted and are no longer caught off guard. They learned the formula for stopping the short passing game of the Bills. Injury's to several players on the O line and beyond began exposing the lack of depth on the team and here we are. Chan and company had no answer for the defenses that were now stopping our Offense. We were blind to the crappy defense we had all along. They O was able to come back and overcome so we didn't pay attention to the fact the D was giving up almost 500 yards each week. We were winning.

It was fun for awhile but we should have seen it coming. Im included in that. I wanted so bad to believe a corner had been turned. But it has not.

paladin warrior
11-20-2011, 03:23 PM
If the Bills don't win another game the rest of the year, Chan Gailey should be fired. YES YES I with u ,Fire Fire Chan

Johnny Bugmenot
11-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Let's face reality. The team had a few lucky bounces in the early part of this season and elevated our hopes to unrealistic levels. The team has faced many injuries over the past few weeks adding to our pain and their abysmal play. It's hard to accept, but the team is still a year or two out from being what we thought they were at the beginning of the season.

No, you're wrong.

Lucky bounces would not have beaten the Patriots. This team deserved every win they got when they were at 5-2.

The problem is that this team, once again, cannot stay healthy. I remember seeing the replay of the Wood hit. A normal player wouldn't even have been injured, let alone been out for the season, on that hit. This team is filled with a bunch of glass pansies. They don't get it. They don't understand that you can't win when you're not on the field. They have no heart and they don't care for their bodies.

With Williams, Merriman, Lindell and Wood, this team is still winning games and leading the division. These "injured" players ought to be castigated. They ought to be taunted. They ought to be embarrassed. They ought to be flogged.

As long as players don't stay healthy, this team will never be a playoff team. You can keep throwing more players onto the field (see: the 2011 draft) and they won't help one drop if they, and the people around them, keep getting hurt.

And don't give me the luck line. If you depend on luck, there's no hope, because this is Buffalo, and it's never won a title. You want a change of luck, move the team to LA.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2011, 03:38 PM
This is a bad team that pulled 3 lucky wins out of their azz. Should be 2-8.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-20-2011, 03:40 PM
and yet again the bills are just good enough to be bad enough to not be in a position to finally get a franchise QB

northernbillfan
11-20-2011, 07:19 PM
This is a bad team that pulled 3 lucky wins out of their azz. Should be 2-8.That's the harsh reality of this team.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-20-2011, 07:24 PM
After today's game and the injuries piling up, I cant see the Bills winning another game this year. All those FA all those Draft Picks yet no holes filled. PATHETIC!

RedEyE
11-20-2011, 07:29 PM
The good news is that my Sunday afternoon's for the rest of the year have just freed up!!

Don't Panic
11-20-2011, 08:13 PM
This is not a bad team... we have the leading rusher in the NFL (going into today) and led the conference in scoring through 7 weeks. Bad teams don't fluke their way into that. We have a D that is at least a year away and an insurmountable number of injuries to go with a QB who has been mentally weak since becoming a rich man. We are as bad as we could possibly be right now. We'll probably gut out 2 or 3 more wins and finish 2 or 3 games ahead of where most people thought we would. Then we'll have another solid offseason and go from there.

northernbillfan
11-20-2011, 11:20 PM
This is not a bad team... we have the leading rusher in the NFL (going into today) and led the conference in scoring through 7 weeks. Bad teams don't fluke their way into that. We have a D that is at least a year away and an insurmountable number of injuries to go with a QB who has been mentally weak since becoming a rich man. We are as bad as we could possibly be right now. We'll probably gut out 2 or 3 more wins and finish 2 or 3 games ahead of where most people thought we would. Then we'll have another solid offseason and go from there.We hope they'll have a solid off season.

The point of this thread is to calm some waters and remind most people what kind of team we fans were expecting to cheer for. It was not the team that started fast out of the gate. Of course it wasn't the team that we have watched the past two weeks either.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Buddy Nix's ******ed idea that this team should be built through the draft better be thrown out the window this off season. They need some serious help and it can't be fixed by just waiting for draft picks.

jcdavey
11-21-2011, 03:08 AM
you'll beat my chargers (aka , the bills of the afc west) lol

don137
11-21-2011, 06:37 AM
The Bills are going to have just good enough record to not draft a franchise QB once again. Fitz has proved he is not a QB that can be consistent in this league. The Bills need a franchise QB. It is not a coincidence that when the QB play dropped the Bills started getting blown out. Look at the Colts. Same thing.

Night Train
11-21-2011, 07:08 AM
I have " Won't Get Fooled Again " on the stereo.

Stewie
11-21-2011, 07:56 AM
it's hard to switch gears from playoff team to horrible team so easily tho. i'm pissed this crap keeps happening to us.

I agree, it's one thing to lose three games in a row, it's another to get consistently blown out for the better portion of a month.

Does anyone think we'd beat KC right now? Funny how football works.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 11:05 AM
This is a bad team that pulled 3 lucky wins out of their azz. Should be 2-8.

I'm thinking they won games at the beginning of the year they had no business winning because the lockout and teams not having enough time to workout together basically made every team even.

Now that teams have their stride as an unit, we see that we're still well behind most teams in the NFL.

TacklingDummy
11-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm thinking they won games at the beginning of the year they had no business winning because the lockout and teams not having enough time to workout together basically made every team even.

Usually when teams get as many turnovers as the Bills did against NE/Oak/Eagles they blow those teams out. Even with all those turnovers the Bills barley hung on to win.

Now the Bills are the ones turning the ball over and they are being blown out.

better days
11-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I agree, it's one thing to lose three games in a row, it's another to get consistently blown out for the better portion of a month.

Does anyone think we'd beat KC right now? Funny how football works.

What bothers me is the way the Bills have lost. I was fine with going 4-12 last year. After the 1st 2 games when Chan dumped Trent, EVERY game was fun & exciting to watch. Win or Lose.

These last 3 games have as been BORING as any Jauron coached game. That is not acceptable to me. I think Chan has taken a page out of Jaurons book & played CONSERVATIVELY in hopes of getting a close win, he stopped taking chances.

Add in the Fact that Fitz has played terrible since getting his new contract. Tebow does not throw the ball as bad as Fitz did in the last game.

PTI
11-21-2011, 11:58 AM
The Edwards and DJ led Bills that were 5-1 were better than this Bills team.

better days
11-21-2011, 01:09 PM
The Edwards and DJ led Bills that were 5-1 were better than this Bills team.

Well they were the MOST BORING team I ever saw go 5-1. I was happy with the wins, but I did not enjoy watching those games.