PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bills clean house if......

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I say yes. This team seems to have no heart anymore. What the **** happened?

Chan thinks his 1990's offense is going to work and continues to call these mind blowing plays. Slant after slant after slant, no where near the first down markers. Disgusting. If Edwards makes it the whole year, it shows how dumb Gailey really is. If this coaching staff can't get these guys back on track, to end the season with a few wins and they end up losing the remaining 6 games. I don't see how they can't keep the coaching staff.

warsawbassman
11-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I am done with them, they can burn the stadium down if they want. 25 years of this is enough for me. They will never be good, and when the owner dies they will be gone. Good riddence. Who cares what they do at the end of this year, it won't matter. Call me a fair weather fan if you want. I kept the faith after alot, ALOT, of she ite sandwich's. Wide right, 4 in row, MSM, 04,08..........I have had enough. The whole city of Buffalo can fall in the ****ing lake for all I care.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I feel bad but step away from the ledge guy.

kingJofNYC
11-20-2011, 03:59 PM
And replace them with who?

Shanahan told us to get lost.

Cowher told us to **** off, hire Gailey is what he said.

Harbaugh told is to **** off.

Brian Schottenheimer wouldn't even interview, neither would Russ Grimm.

Leslie Frazier was the only other coach mentioned for the job, took the interview.

Lets clean house and replace them with someone else, I'm sure that will work out just like the last decade.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Jeff Fisher.

kingJofNYC
11-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Jeff Fisher.
Cool, so you've spoken with him and know he will take the job, just like Cowher/Shanahan.

Get on the phone and let Ralph know.

Skooby
11-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Fire Ralph's accountant.

trapezeus
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
give gailey some talent. he was okay with talent.

i have to admit that fitz is not looking so good. whent he game was close in the first, he was inaccurate and a major reason we weren't even in that game. there were plays there and he was the problem.

EDS
11-20-2011, 04:12 PM
No good coach with options is going to come work for a lame duck GM, which, let's be honest, is what a 70+ year old GM is.

Luisito23
11-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Cleaning house won't matter, because as another poster said, no established person wants to come here.

In order for this team to be good again we have to get lucky like we did with Polian, but that kind of lighting only strikes once.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Burn out the last year on the lease, then clean house. Open up bidding to the highest bidder so that Ralph's daughters can get a nice inheritance when Ralph finally does die. The team's a lemon. There comes a point where you can keep throwing more and more into the product and it still doesn't get any better, and we've reached that point. They never recovered from Donahoe gutting the franchise ten years ago, and it looks like they never will.

Much like the city of Buffalo itself, the Bills' days are numbered.

kingJofNYC
11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
No good coach with options is going to come work for a lame duck GM, which, let's be honest, is what a 70+ year old GM is.
It's more about the lame duck owner. As long as the situation is what it is, we'll continue to be a last resort.

Up to Gailey & Co. After Ralph croaks who knows what happens. Everyone loves to make promises and declarations on keeping the Bills in Buffalo, easy to do when it's nothing but talk. Lets see what happens when push comes to shove.

trapezeus
11-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Cleaning house won't matter, because as another poster said, no established person wants to come here.

In order for this team to be good again we have to get lucky like we did with Polian, but that kind of lighting only strikes once.

or twice since we had jerry butler too.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Gailey/Nix shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Billz_fan
11-21-2011, 11:05 AM

Thank you !! I hated the Gailey hire. I still do. This is a result of no one wanting to work here under Ralph and his finance guys who run everything.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Thank you !! I hated the Gailey hire. I still do. This is a result of no one wanting to work here under Ralph and his finance guys who run everything.

Would have been better off hiring some young upstart out of college.

Generally those type of guys, even with the circumstances here, would be more willing to take a gig at this level than someone experienced just for the chance, the pay raise and to show they can coach at this level for a more attractive gig in the future.

Not that someone like Harbaugh woulda came here instead of San Fran but you get the basic idea.

Historian
11-21-2011, 11:10 AM
This thread is silly.

This team was 5-2 at one point. We all knew they were a couple players and a DC away from really competing.

Injuries have so much to do with this game...it's a worse problem than bad officiating.

When Donahoe cut Rusty Jones loose, he doomed this team to be injury plagued for a long time. (This even happened under Jauron, remember?)

I say draft a few more beefcakes next year....promote Wanny to DC, and hire a full-time strength and conditioning coordinator, as well as a top flight dietician.

Perhaps the last two moves will help prevent injuries year after year.

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 11:17 AM
This thread is silly.

This team was 5-2 at one point. We all knew they were a couple players and a DC away from really competing.

Injuries have so much to do with this game...it's a worse problem than bad officiating.

When Donahoe cut Rusty Jones loose, he doomed this team to be injury plagued for a long time. (This even happened under Jauron, remember?)

I say draft a few more beefcakes next year....promote Wanny to DC, and hire a full-time strength and conditioning coordinator, as well as a top flight dietician.

Perhaps the last two moves will help prevent injuries year after year.

In all honest we are far further away than just a couple of players and a DC. Depth is not even the top thing we need right now. We don't have enough skillful starters.

This team needs to be redone with a commitment to building a system, but the time to do that was two years ago not now.

We'll finish out this year, go around .500 next year and then we'll blow it all up and try again. It will be a long 18 months but we'll get there.

bf1
11-21-2011, 11:17 AM
It's the talent, not the coaching. Besides Freddy, no one on the team is better than average. Many are overachievers that can benefit from a few top talented guys around them.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM
It's the talent, not the coaching. Besides Freddy, no one on the team is better than average. Many are overachievers that can benefit from a few top talented guys around them.

It's both.

The talent evaluators still suck. The coaching is college level crap.

BLeonard
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM

Leslie Frazier was the only other coach mentioned for the job, took the interview.

Lets clean house and replace them with someone else, I'm sure that will work out just like the last decade.

I just posted this in another thread:

My guess is, Shanahan or Cowher would be in Buffalo right now if it weren't for one of three things:

1: Disagreement on money
2: Disagreement on control
3: A combination of #1 and #2

It was documented that the Bills talked to both Shanahan and Cowher. My educated guess would be, those two guys wanted a salary of "x" amount and some degree of control within the organization. The Bills weren't willing to give them one or a combo of both, so they told the Bills to piss off.

I know there was a link posted around that time that basically said Ralph was willing to pay $10 million for a Head Coach. Well, saying it and DOING it are two completely different things. I'm pretty sure I read a quote from Russ Brandon (and Buddy Nix) during the FA/Preseason period, stating that they would spend "every dollar of the salary cap." How's that working out?

Even if you DO believe that the Bills offered Shanahan or Cowher $10 million to coach, if the Bills told them that they wouldn't be afforded the power within the organization that they sought, it could have been a deal breaker.

I really don't buy the whole "Coaches don't want to be in Buffalo" argument. What I DO believe is: "Coaches decide not to coach in Buffalo, because the front office is not willing to offer them what they want and the coach has other, more desirable options on the table."

On Shanahan: Ask yourself this: Who would be more willing to meet his asking price? Dan Snyder or Ralph Wilson?

On Cowher: Keep in mind, Tom Donahoe left Pittsburgh because he and Cowher had a power struggle. Do you honestly think Cowher would agree to coach the Bills if he wasn't going to get AT LEAST the same amount of power he had in Pittsburgh?

IMO, at this stage of the game, the ONLY "house cleaning" that would do ANY good is if it included EVERYONE... Ralph Wilson is at the top of that list.

Unless Ralph has an epiphany and gives an established and respected head coach the paycheck and control that he desires, there is no reason to think ANYTHING will change until Ralph and his beancounters are no longer affiliated with the franchise.

-Bill

DesertFox24
11-21-2011, 12:38 PM
In all honest we are far further away than just a couple of players and a DC. Depth is not even the top thing we need right now. We don't have enough skillful starters.

This team needs to be redone with a commitment to building a system, but the time to do that was two years ago not now.

We'll finish out this year, go around .500 next year and then we'll blow it all up and try again. It will be a long 18 months but we'll get there.
Hold on now they have been drafting for defense, and have been trying to get the right guys in but it takes a long time to completely change from a 43 to a 34.

They need OLBs and Corners in the right way, but they went with the lines first because that is very important.

On offense we need another WR to take coverage away from Stevie and who can beat teams deep.

I agree we are alittle ways away still but I think Buddy and Chan have been at least drafting for what they want to do.

The only pick we made that you could seriously question right now is Spiller, and they have come out and said we did it because we did not know how good Freddy was.

Other than that I believe they have been drafting the correct DL, DBs, LBs, it is just the LBs we drafted are young guys that need to develop, and we lack a true pass rush threat, and they are playing guys in the wrong position.

Like I said earlier just play the young guys and lets see if we can win with them.

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Hold on now they have been drafting for defense, and have been trying to get the right guys in but it takes a long time to completely change from a 43 to a 34.

They need OLBs and Corners in the right way, but they went with the lines first because that is very important.

On offense we need another WR to take coverage away from Stevie and who can beat teams deep.

I agree we are alittle ways away still but I think Buddy and Chan have been at least drafting for what they want to do.

The only pick we made that you could seriously question right now is Spiller, and they have come out and said we did it because we did not know how good Freddy was.

Other than that I believe they have been drafting the correct DL, DBs, LBs, it is just the LBs we drafted are young guys that need to develop, and we lack a true pass rush threat, and they are playing guys in the wrong position.

Like I said earlier just play the young guys and lets see if we can win with them.

Explain to me how drafting two zone based CB's into a system where you need to be able to get up in the WR face and press is them drafting the right players?

Drafting a guy at the right position is only half the equation. They still need to have the right skill sets and thus far we are pulling a one for X in that department. Our best pick has been Dareus and it would of taken a colossal **** up epic proportions for them to screw that up.

kingJofNYC
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Would have been better off hiring some young upstart out of college.

Generally those type of guys, even with the circumstances here, would be more willing to take a gig at this level than someone experienced just for the chance, the pay raise and to show they can coach at this level for a more attractive gig in the future.

Not that someone like Harbaugh woulda came here instead of San Fran but you get the basic idea.
Which one though?

Chris Petersen is the only one I can think of, solid football coach, but no one has been able to poach him from Boise. He's not an upstart either, though I'm not sure what that means to be honest. If you're an upstart you probably don't have much experience, is that what we want.

Who else, I've racked my brain. If Harbaugh wouldn't take the job, per Casserly mind you, which other college coach, who wouldn't be a total disaster, would?

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 02:36 PM
urban meyer

kingJofNYC
11-21-2011, 02:39 PM
urban meyer
HAHAHA

That doesn't fit the upstart, again not sure what that means. I'm not sure Meyer wants to coach in the NFL, but sure why not. Can't hurt to have him turn us down.

Would love to see him coach in the NFL without being able recruiting the best players in the nation from one of the biggest football pools in America.

Spread-Option football in Buffalo, could do worse I guess.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
That was meant as a joke.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Which one though?

Chris Petersen is the only one I can think of, solid football coach, but no one has been able to poach him from Boise. He's not an upstart either, though I'm not sure what that means to be honest. If you're an upstart you probably don't have much experience, is that what we want.

Who else, I've racked my brain. If Harbaugh wouldn't take the job, per Casserly mind you, which other college coach, who wouldn't be a total disaster, would?

Upstart is the next hot thing where the talking heads say he needs to make the leap to the next level, much like Harbaugh did.

Kirk Ferentz is another guy I would put with Petersen, but, it's the same deal with him. Doesn't seem like he wants to leave Iowa.

Why take a guy who was ran out of a job in 2 years then FIRED from his last attempt at an NFL offensive coaching gig instead of taking the chance on someone who is fresh and new to the scene?

You know what you got in Gailey before you even got him. A guy who failed.

An unknown is always greater than a failure, at least in the short term. Long term, it might be exactly the same. However, it's never going to be worse.

BLeonard
11-21-2011, 02:59 PM

They need OLBs and Corners in the right way, but they went with the lines first because that is very important..

If they want the "right guys for a 3-4," I have to ask... Why did they say resigning Paul Posluzny was a "priority?"

Kinda like Lee Evans...? True, he's injured currently, but would he have been injured if he was a Bill? Pretty sure he got hurt during the Ravens game on opening day.

False. I could easily question Torell Troup, Marcus Easley and Ed Wang from the 2010 draft. Troup has done nothing, Easley has never played a meaningful down and Wang isn't even on the roster.

If they are the "correct" players, why are they playing them all out of position? If they aren't good enough, they aren't the "right players."

-Bill

BLeonard
11-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Why take a guy who was ran out of a job in 2 years then FIRED from his last attempt at an NFL offensive coaching gig instead of taking the chance on someone who is fresh and new to the scene?

Because Gailey was the one that accepted the paycheck (cheap) and handicaps (not spending to the cap, not being aggressive in free agency, etc) that go with being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

If anyone honestly believes that The Bills offered Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan or any other coach $10 million, like Ralph proclaimed he would after the 2009 season, I have 3 or 4 bridges to sell you.

-Bill

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Because Gailey was the one that accepted the paycheck (cheap) and handicaps (not spending to the cap, not being aggressive in free agency, etc) that go with being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

If anyone honestly believes that The Bills offered Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan or any other coach $10 million, like Ralph proclaimed he would after the 2009 season, I have 3 or 4 bridges to sell you.

-Bill

Even if he offered Cowher 10 million, Cowher didn't come here because of his wife. Pure and simple.

And hence why I said a guy in the collegian ranks would take 3-4 million a year to try and get an NFL gig. He may not be a guy that wants to be here long term with that money, but he could use this team as a stepping stone to a better job or find out he can't hack it at this level and go back to college.

Like I said though, an unknown is always great than a failure.

kingJofNYC
11-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Upstart is the next hot thing where the talking heads say he needs to make the leap to the next level, much like Harbaugh did.

Kirk Ferentz is another guy I would put with Petersen, but, it's the same deal with him. Doesn't seem like he wants to leave Iowa.

You know what you got in Gailey before you even got him. A guy who failed.

An unknown is always greater than a failure, at least in the short term. Long term, it might be exactly the same. However, it's never going to be worse.

Hey, I wasn't on board with the Gailey hiring, but it was him or Frazier. That's what this franchise was reduced to.

I really have no idea who's out there right now that could do a better job. Harbaugh's wife was also pregnant at the time, so maybe he didn't want to move his family cross country. Not sure where his kids from marriage number one live, but if they're in the Bay area that's another factor. Or maybe he didn't want to come here when offered the job.

Only others I can think of are Art Briles or Gus Malzahn. Briles passes more than Gailey does, and while Malzahn pounds the ball he does it in non-traditional ways, or rather non-NFL ways.

Malzahn guy can really coach an O, no HC experience, but he schemes it up with the best of them. The wildcat was basically his, though Lee will always claim it was his idea.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2011, 03:36 PM

the coaching staff from St. Francis.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 03:41 PM
The Bills could hire Denzel Washington

TigerJ
11-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all happy with the way the team has played over the last three games, but I also don't want to disregard what happenned in the season up to the last three games. I think that other than increased talent at certain positions, the thing that this team needs more than anything else is a healthy dose of continuity so, no, I'm not at all in favor of blowing the team up yet again.

airdog32
11-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Once again this skid boils down to injuries at key positions and not having talent to back them up! This would happen to most clubs, but on the bright side we are headed in the right direction! This season is not over by a long shot but when this season started most on this board expected worse from this group! So to say the least I for one have optimism that we can still salvage some positives, give some playing exp to young players who need it! But Ralph does need to open that check book and resign the good players we have and add some vets to compliment our young group! We can sit here and bash all we want and say "i'm done", truth is your not going anywhere neither is this team or coaching staff for at least a few more seasons!

better days
11-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Explain to me how drafting two zone based CB's into a system where you need to be able to get up in the WR face and press is them drafting the right players?

Drafting a guy at the right position is only half the equation. They still need to have the right skill sets and thus far we are pulling a one for X in that department. Our best pick has been Dareus and it would of taken a colossal **** up epic proportions for them to screw that up.

Well, there were people on this board you among them, that wanted the Bills to draft a WR instead of Dareus.

I guess it's a good thing they did not listen to you, or they would have had a **** up of epic proportions.

Ed
11-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Well, there were people on this board you among them, that wanted the Bills to draft a WR instead of Dareus.

I guess it's a good thing they did not listen to you, or they would have had a **** up of epic proportions.
For a long while up until the last couple days before the draft it seemed like a foregone conclusion that the Broncos were going to take Dareus at #2. I think a lot of the debates involving AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, and Blaine Gabbert were done under the presumption that Dareus would not be available. I can't think of a single person that objected to the idea of getting Dareus.

BLeonard
11-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Even if he offered Cowher 10 million, Cowher didn't come here because of his wife. Pure and simple.

And hence why I said a guy in the collegian ranks would take 3-4 million a year to try and get an NFL gig. He may not be a guy that wants to be here long term with that money, but he could use this team as a stepping stone to a better job or find out he can't hack it at this level and go back to college.

Like I said though, an unknown is always great than a failure.

I'm not against a guy from college, like you suggested. But, I do think you're wrong regarding Cowher. Here's why:

I've researched this a bit, as I've had this discussion before... Let's visit the timeline:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4792467

Even before Buddy Nix was named the Buffalo Bills' general manager, league sources say there was a "stealth meeting" with Bill Cowher last week.

It is believed that owner Ralph Wilson Jr. joined team president Russ Brandon to gauge Cowher's potential interest to return to coaching.

The Bills, who also met with Mike Shanahan after Dick Jauron was fired, believe talks with Cowher were very productive, the sources added, but gave no indication whether Cowher will take their head-coaching position if it is offered.

This article states that there "was a stealth meeting last week." it also states "before Nix was named GM." Nix was named Bills GM on December 31, 2009. So, we can assume the meeting with Cowher happened before that.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/19/sportsline/main6116252.shtml

Chan Gailey was hired by the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday, receiving a second chance to prove himself as an NFL coach and inheriting a team that has missed the playoffs for 10 straight years.

From January 19th, 2010.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/sports/football/25sandomir.html

But in February of this year, Kaye Cowher received a diagnosis of melanoma. Late last month, she died, at 54

“It was a quick and unfortunate downward spiral in five months’ time,” he said Tuesday at CBS’s Midtown headquarters. “They went in to remove what they thought was a muscle mass and after doing a needle biopsy, they found the melanoma and couldn’t really find a treatment to cure it.”

That is from August 24, 2010. Which means she was diagnosed with melanoma in February 2010.

So, to summarize:

Prior to December 31, 2009: Bills talk to Cowher about coaching job.
January 19, 2010: Chan Gailey hired as Bills' Head Coach
February, 2010: Kaye Cowher diagnosed with melanoma

My question is: How on earth could Bill Cowher's decision have been affected, when the Bills met with him (and hired Gailey) before his wife was even diagnosed?

There's no possible way that Cowher could have known about his wife's illness when he was talking with the Bills, because she wasn't diagnosed until at least a month and a half afterwards.

That tells me that his wife's condition had zero to do with Cowher not coaching the Bills. It had to be something else.

-Bill

Extremebillsfan247
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
I say yes. This team seems to have no heart anymore. What the **** happened?

Chan thinks his 1990's offense is going to work and continues to call these mind blowing plays. Slant after slant after slant, no where near the first down markers. Disgusting. If Edwards makes it the whole year, it shows how dumb Gailey really is. If this coaching staff can't get these guys back on track, to end the season with a few wins and they end up losing the remaining 6 games. I don't see how they can't keep the coaching staff. Should the Bills clean house if what?

They can clean house all they want. As long as Ralph Wilson owns this team, what you see now is all your ever going to get. It's low budget, other teams junk players, toys at the top of the draft, and a bunch of late rounders, or undrafted free agents. It won't matter who the GM or Coach is here. That's why no respectable name wanted to coach here when the job became available. JMO

better days
11-23-2011, 08:28 AM
or twice since we had jerry butler too.

John Butler. Jerry Butler was a very good receiver for the Bills, the likes of which the Bills could use NOW.

And John Butler is a big part of the reason the Bills are where they are. His last draft was one of the NFL's alltime WORST.

Jan Reimers
11-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all happy with the way the team has played over the last three games, but I also don't want to disregard what happenned in the season up to the last three games. I think that other than increased talent at certain positions, the thing that this team needs more than anything else is a healthy dose of continuity so, no, I'm not at all in favor of blowing the team up yet again.
Stop being the voice of reason, TJ. You spoil all the fun for those (me included, at least sometimes - after the Miami game, for instance) who want to nuke and incinerate the whole Bills' team and organization.

I know we can't, and shouldn't, do that, but at the darkest moments, it sure can sound like a plan.

Bill Cody
11-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Stop being the voice of reason, TJ. You spoil all the fun for those (me included, at least sometimes - after the Miami game, for instance) who want to nuke and incinerate the whole Bills' team and organization.

I know we can't, and shouldn't, do that, but at the darkest moments, it sure can sound like a plan.

Don't be silly we're a 1st round RB and a 2nd round corner away from a championship

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2011, 10:48 AM
You guys are crazy if you don't think the whole staff should be fired if they don't win another game. I don't care about injuries. Dick Jauron had a bunch of bums win 7 games with the rash of injuries in 2007. These *******s should be canned for being horrible coaches if they don't win another game.

justasportsfan
11-23-2011, 10:54 AM
we shoulda kept Jauron

better days
11-23-2011, 11:56 AM
we shoulda kept Jauron

Yeah, well I'm sure Funtimes would be happy to see him off the Browns staff.

Mr. Pink
11-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah, well I'm sure Funtimes would be happy to see him off the Browns staff.

If you've paid attention, the Browns defense hasn't been the problem most of this season. Look at the stats. Their offense is god awful because they have NO weapons.

Dick Jauron took a bunch of ass clowns here to 7-9 and if you want to argue we have more talent now than 3-4-5 years ago, what's Gailey's excuse to this crap?

better days
11-23-2011, 01:01 PM
If you've paid attention, the Browns defense hasn't been the problem most of this season. Look at the stats. Their offense is god awful because they have NO weapons.

Dick Jauron took a bunch of ass clowns here to 7-9 and if you want to argue we have more talent now than 3-4-5 years ago, what's Gailey's excuse to this crap?

OK, I guess you are happy with Jauron in Cleveland, my mistake. You are welcome to him. Why not make him the HC? He can put in the great offense he had the Bills play.

Mr. Pink
11-23-2011, 01:05 PM
OK, I guess you are happy with Jauron in Cleveland, my mistake. You are welcome to him. Why not make him the HC? He can put in the great offense he had the Bills play.

It already looks like it. I think they went like 10 quarters without scoring a TD.

Jauron and the defense wasn't the problem here, it was the horrid OCs - who Jauron hired so he gets blamed there and a lack of a consistent QB.

justasportsfan
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Dick NEVER beat the patriots. Dick blows. I'll keep Gailey over him.

BillsFever21
11-24-2011, 03:36 PM

I didn't at the time and glad we didn't overpay for Shanahan. How are the Redskins doing and what has his teams really done since John Elway? That's what I thought.

Cowher has been telling everyone to piss off. He either hasn't been ready to coach again or doesn't want to coach again.

The rest of them I will give you that. They were not even interested in interviewing. The only big loss was Harbaugh though. He was waiting for the right team and the right money.

Which takes me to the original topic. No matter how we finish this year Gailey will get a 3rd year. That's just how Ralph works. Edwards will probably get the axe but Gailey will be back.

If he proves to be a dud does that mean you just stick with the same dud that will never win instead of attempting to find somebody who can turn it around? Most of them guys probably didn't want to come here because we have been a loser organization for years and have continued to take the cheap route when it comes to GM, front office, scouts, players and coaches over the years. A high profile coach wants to go somewhere where the owner will give him the monetary tools to work with.

So if Gailey proves to suck we should just say the hell with it cause nobody wanted the job a couple years ago? That's horrible logic. This team needs leadership starting at the top with a good GM that can find a good coach. It might take an up and coming coordinator but you need somebody who can spot out the talent in them.

Look at Pittsburgh. They always seem to find a good coach. Tomlin wasn't high on anybody's list and they chose him over the "top rated" coaches and coordinators on the market. They have a good front office that can spot talent in coaches and in players when it comes to drafting them.

It all starts up top. Until we quit letting bums like Levy, Brandon and now Nix run the team then we will continue to be a loser organization. It takes an owner willing to spend the money and a good GM and front office to find the good HC and scouts.

Once you have a good and competent GM and front office doing their jobs everything else falls into place. They are able to find the right talent in the draft to fit your team and coach them guys up, sign or extend the right players and put you on a winning path. Until you get competent guys running the show we will always have a horrible team.

djjimkelly
11-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't be silly we're a 1st round RB and a 2nd round corner away from a championship

LMAO

djjimkelly
11-24-2011, 03:47 PM
WOW everyone needs to calm down

we are in a transition on D

we need 2 OLBs badly we will get these soon i hope

gailey had our wr core looking competent when we were healthy and they are average at best

get gailey 2 wrs 2 OLBs one more lineman on O

hes good enough to be competitive till the last 3 weeks and the health of our team has alot to do with that