PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Fitz gets contract extension

Ginger Vitis
11-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Forked from: Fitz gets contract extension (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3565294)

26 points 2 passing TDs and 7 ints since his contract extension in three games since his extension. Sorry, Fitz will never be a consistent NFL QB. If the Colts can draft Manning's heir apparent then so can the Bills. Fitz took the money and ran.

I have seen this observation a few times today.. "Fitz took the money and ran".. There is no question he has played badly the last 3 games.. But I don't think for a second once he got his extension he decided to take it easy..stop working and is no longer motivated..

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Maybe not but it sure seems that way. You don't see him walking around talking guys up like he used to. He just walks to the bench and sulks. What a piece of ****. He's probably sitting there thinking about how to spend his 23 million.

Novacane
11-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I think he was going to start playing like this whether he got his extension or not. He's just not that good. Lucky for him the Bills were to stupid to wait till the season ended.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jGSvxCRp4&feature=related

Cleve
11-20-2011, 07:24 PM
I think he was going to start playing like this whether he got his extension or not. He's just not that good. Lucky for him the Bills were to stupid to wait till the season ended.

Yes.... there was absolutely NO rush to sign Ryan Fitzpatrick - no other team was going to try to 'steal' him away from us. Do you think the Bills would be offering him 11 million a year after the last 3 games? Or any team for that matter? His rating the last two weeks has been UNDER 50.

The premature signing of Fitzpatrick is eerily similar to the ridiculous contract offered Dick Jauron in 2008. Also, this season is rapidly becoming a mirror of 2008.

Fitzpatrick is a decent backup quarterback - he is not a starter, and people were just kidding themselves to think we'd found an undiscovered gem.

RedEyE
11-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah the jump to sign Fitz was idiotic when they could have used that time to give Jackson a decent contract.

Don't Panic
11-20-2011, 08:06 PM
It has messed with his head... that much I'm sure of. I'm also pretty sure that once he adapts to this new reality (he essentially won the lottery last month.... mid-season), he will get back to the guy we saw the first 7 weeks. Whether that's next week, next month or next season I don't know. But he will get back to form. The question is, will it be enough now that everyone has a ton of game film on him? It should if we have a rock solid O Line and some healthy WRs.