PDA

View Full Version : Chan Gailey press conference

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey Chan. Do something good for yourself dumbass. Fire George Edwards.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d8244cafd/Bills-postgame-press-conference

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 09:06 PM
You can tell Fitzpatrick knows he sucks.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Does anybody think Jeff Fisher would come here as the defensive coordinator?

hdeep9213
11-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Chan kills me when he says he doesnt know what is goin on when someone asks him about the defense...MOFO you are the HEAD COACH...you should know everything that is going on involving YOUR team...

Also, how do you not know why the team is not being successful right now...A good head coach would figure it out REAL TIME and make adjustments...

He needs to be on the "COME'ON MAN" segment...damn shame

Skooby
11-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Chan kills me when he says he doesnt know what is goin on when someone asks him about the defense...MOFO you are the HEAD COACH...you should know everything that is going on involving YOUR team...

In all honesty, neither does his DC.

T-Long
11-20-2011, 09:22 PM
he DID say what he thought was wrong, all facets of the Bills team. Of course he doesn't have the answers right now...ya gotta take a look at the film first. (yes, Jauron reference right there in case you were wondering.)

They are going to get their asses beat so bad next week

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't feel bad for Chan at all. The fact that he still hasn't fired Edwards shows me what a moron he really is.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Does anybody think Jeff Fisher would come here as the defensive coordinator?

Bring him in as HC and let him run the D as well. Cant get any worst. In all seriousness I doubt it. Gailey was pretty much the only coach that wanted anything to do with Buffalo 2 years ago. If Gailey and crew get the axe(doubtful) It will probably be even worst looking for any kind of coach.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 09:24 PM
I wish the Bills would try to bring in Jeff Fisher as the DC. I think he could have this defense turned around in one year. Maybe Eric Mangini? He seems like a good defensive mind but not so good at running the whole show.

hdeep9213
11-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Jeff Fischer will not accept a DC job..esp. in buffalo...he is a proven winner in the nfl...its HC or nothing for fischer...however i do not see the bills giving up on chan for at least another season or 2

trapezeus
11-20-2011, 09:32 PM
the front 4 don't get push. i don't know what it is. but they just can't get off th ball and make a move into the backfield. i don't know why that is? perhaps because they almost never send lb's in so it's four against 5. and the lb's aren't good enough.

it's tiring.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Jeff Fischer will not accept a DC job..esp. in buffalo...he is a proven winner in the nfl...its HC or nothing for fischer...however i do not see the bills giving up on chan for at least another season or 2
Why not? Take the DC position and if Chan's offense blows again. He will get the head coaching job. Obviously Fisher coming here is wishful thinking.

hdeep9213
11-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Jeff Fischer is a high profile coach that most teams would love to get...NO elite,proven NFL HC will ever come to Buffalo...makes no sense for them...career come to die in Buffalo...sad but very true

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 09:40 PM
A lot of good ex head coaches take coordinator positions.

hdeep9213
11-20-2011, 09:50 PM

Honestly, I can't think of one HC at the Fischer level that has taken a coordinator job...usually his type of HC take a position with a team they know can win and just needs a bit of guidance....crappy HC take coordinator positions (ie. Jauron, Mularky, Gregg Williams, Wade Phillips)...granted wade has been a HC at Dallas but how much success did he have..not much...

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 10:02 PM
So fire Gailey and do all you can to bring in Fisher. or demote Gailey and do all you can to being in Cowher.

paladin warrior
11-20-2011, 10:10 PM
What he said ? "I QUIT!!!""

hdeep9213
11-20-2011, 10:10 PM
haha if we could get fischer id fire chan in a heartbeat...i just dont see that happening...

TrEd FTW
11-20-2011, 10:18 PM
So fellow proven guys like Cowher and Shanahan didn't want the HC job here but Fisher would take the DC position? Get real. He'll either return as a head coach somewhere or he won't return at all.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Chan wants to quit.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Postgame-Press-Conference/2dd91d80-4cf6-4ae4-beaf-77bec81371e4

The Jokeman
11-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Like Dave Wannestadt?

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 10:31 PM
wade phillips and dom capers,

TrEd FTW
11-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Dom Capers was 49-81 as a head coach. That's good?

hdeep9213
11-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Dom Capers won all of 1 playoff game in his career...you can not be serious in mentioning him...and Wade is not in the same league as Fischer...

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Who cares, It doesn't change the fact that the head coach said he doesn't know how to fix this team. He's clueless.

paladin warrior
11-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Chan wants to quit.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Postgame-Press-Conference/2dd91d80-4cf6-4ae4-beaf-77bec81371e4 I hope SO!!! Sheesh Cry out loud. And also grab Edward and throw him out the front door and lock the front door.

paladin warrior
11-21-2011, 02:02 AM
Who cares, It doesn't change the fact that the head coach said he doesn't know how to fix this team. He's clueless. That 100% true Hurkeynuts.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 02:32 AM
the front 4 don't get push. i don't know what it is. but they just can't get off th ball and make a move into the backfield. i don't know why that is? perhaps because they almost never send lb's in so it's four against 5. and the lb's aren't good enough.

it's tiring.
We have zero pass rushers in our front 7, how are we supposed to get push or generate pressure.

Whether George Edwards sucks or not is one thing, but we really don't have the players to run a 3-4, 4-3.

We are a hybrid defense, we either play sucky or we play crappy.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Who cares, It doesn't change the fact that the head coach said he doesn't know how to fix this team. He's clueless.
What do you expect Gailey to say to reporters? My players suck and I need new ones?

The problem with this team is painfully obvious. Not enough talent on offense, not enough talent on defense.

On offense we need another good WR and a consistent TE. Chambers is not. We also need our OL back together. Cause they have sucked since Levitre moved and Wood and Bell went out.

On defense, we need a CB, DE, 2 OLBs.

kingJofNYC
11-21-2011, 04:08 AM
he DID say what he thought was wrong, all facets of the Bills team. Of course he doesn't have the answers right now...ya gotta take a look at the film first. (yes, Jauron reference right there in case you were wondering.)

They are going to get their asses beat so bad next week
He knows the answers, better players.

"Why are your WRs not getting separation?" Well, they were free agents for a reason, but he's not going to stand up there and actually say that.

Remember last year, reporters asked him to evaluate Stroud, Gailey just answered good and left it at that. Guy was out the door in the offseason.

All you'll get is coach speak, Gailey can't throw his guys under the bus. Not his fault Fitz can't hit a wide open slant, or that Kelsay's his best pass rusher.

Buddo
11-21-2011, 04:17 AM
What do you expect Gailey to say to reporters? My players suck and I need new ones?

The problem with this team is painfully obvious. Not enough talent on offense, not enough talent on defense.

On offense we need another good WR and a consistent TE. Chambers is not. We also need our OL back together. Cause they have sucked since Levitre moved and Wood and Bell went out.

On defense, we need a CB, DE, 2 OLBs.

I think there's a lot of truth in this. HCs, do not get the best out of their players by throwing them under the bus, except collectively. Start 'naming names', and the whole thing spirals completely out of control - not that it doesn't appear to be doing so atm, mind.

TBH, I've expected better from this team in the last 3 outings, and have been bitterly disappointed in each one.
What seems to be happening, is that every time the Bills need to make a play, or have the opportunity to do so, someone blows it.
First drive was a good example. Fitz misses Stevie and we have to settle for a FG. After that, he doesn't actually miss his WRs hardly at all, except by intent. Both Ints were off of our WRs hands first, and you can't truly blame Fitz for them.
A blown assignment on the STs punt. Pretty obvious missed block, but who was it, and are they actually a 'regular' member of the STs group.
The botched snaps were a nightmare for trying to do anything useful on offense also.
While in some games it seems easy to single out the worst performances, there are errors being made all over the place, but by different players.
Fundamentally, it shouts out that there's a lack of talent, and depth. I can see why Gailey doesn't know how to fix that, as it's not a problem he's created, he's simply stuck with it.

madness
11-21-2011, 08:58 AM
This hybrid defense is the main culprit. Tie in the younger players having to get on the field and they just look very confused out there.... missing assignments.... playing out of position. I see a ton of hesitation out there. There is no identity on the defense. Figure out who the heck we want to be and and go get some pass rushers. If we truly are trying to become a 3-4 team, KW should have been traded when he had value. Otherwise, promote Wanny and let him run his 4-3 cover 2 (relax... not Fewell's Tampa 2 crap). Then you can keep KW and MD inside, move Kelsay and these ridiculous DL-LB experiments back to the DL and go get some real LB's.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Is George Edwards fired yet?

BLeonard
11-21-2011, 12:11 PM
So fellow proven guys like Cowher and Shanahan didn't want the HC job here but Fisher would take the DC position? Get real. He'll either return as a head coach somewhere or he won't return at all.

My guess is, Shanahan or Cowher would be in Buffalo right now if it weren't for one of three things:

1: Disagreement on money
2: Disagreement on control
3: A combination of #1 and #2

It was documented that the Bills talked to both Shanahan and Cowher. My educated guess would be, those two guys wanted a salary of "x" amount and some degree of control within the organization. The Bills weren't willing to give them one or a combo of both, so they told the Bills to piss off.

I know there was a link posted around that time that basically said Ralph was willing to pay $10 million for a Head Coach. Well, saying it and DOING it are two completely different things. I'm pretty sure I read a quote from Russ Brandon (and Buddy Nix) during the FA/Preseason period, stating that they would spend "every dollar of the salary cap." How's that working out?

Even if you DO believe that the Bills offered Shanahan or Cowher $10 million to coach, if the Bills told them that they wouldn't be afforded the power within the organization that they sought, it could have been a deal breaker.

I really don't buy the whole "Coaches don't want to be in Buffalo" argument. What I DO believe is: "Coaches decide not to coach in Buffalo, because the front office is not willing to offer them what they want and the coach has other, more desirable options on the table."

On Shanahan: Ask yourself this: Who would be more willing to meet his asking price? Dan Snyder or Ralph Wilson?

On Cowher: Keep in mind, Tom Donahoe left Pittsburgh because he and Cowher had a power struggle. Do you honestly think Cowher would agree to coach the Bills if he wasn't going to get AT LEAST the same amount of power he had in Pittsburgh?

-Bill

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 12:46 PM
My guess is, Shanahan or Cowher would be in Buffalo right now if it weren't for one of three things:

1: Disagreement on money
2: Disagreement on control
3: A combination of #1 and #2

It was documented that the Bills talked to both Shanahan and Cowher. My educated guess would be, those two guys wanted a salary of "x" amount and some degree of control within the organization. The Bills weren't willing to give them one or a combo of both, so they told the Bills to piss off.

I know there was a link posted around that time that basically said Ralph was willing to pay $10 million for a Head Coach. Well, saying it and DOING it are two completely different things. I'm pretty sure I read a quote from Russ Brandon (and Buddy Nix) during the FA/Preseason period, stating that they would spend "every dollar of the salary cap." How's that working out?

Even if you DO believe that the Bills offered Shanahan or Cowher $10 million to coach, if the Bills told them that they wouldn't be afforded the power within the organization that they sought, it could have been a deal breaker.

I really don't buy the whole "Coaches don't want to be in Buffalo" argument. What I DO believe is: "Coaches decide not to coach in Buffalo, because the front office is not willing to offer them what they want and the coach has other, more desirable options on the table."

On Shanahan: Ask yourself this: Who would be more willing to meet his asking price? Dan Snyder or Ralph Wilson?

On Cowher: Keep in mind, Tom Donahoe left Pittsburgh because he and Cowher had a power struggle. Do you honestly think Cowher would agree to coach the Bills if he wasn't going to get AT LEAST the same amount of power he had in Pittsburgh?

-Bill

Cowher didn't come here for one reason and one reason only. His wife.

paladin warrior
11-21-2011, 12:57 PM
What he said? Chan said that "Because It all Ralph fault. because Ralph is very cheap person"

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
This hybrid defense is the main culprit. Tie in the younger players having to get on the field and they just look very confused out there.... missing assignments.... playing out of position. I see a ton of hesitation out there. There is no identity on the defense. Figure out who the heck we want to be and and go get some pass rushers. If we truly are trying to become a 3-4 team, KW should have been traded when he had value. Otherwise, promote Wanny and let him run his 4-3 cover 2 (relax... not Fewell's Tampa 2 crap). Then you can keep KW and MD inside, move Kelsay and these ridiculous DL-LB experiments back to the DL and go get some real LB's.
Do you honestly believe that if we ran a 4-3 we'd have the players to do it?

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 02:05 PM
All the players we have are for a 4-3 defense.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 02:17 PM
All the players we have are for a 4-3 defense.
How is that?

Troup is a NT prospect, Dareus played 3-4 in college, Edwards was a 3-4 DE in Baltimore, Barnett was a 3-4 ILB, Carrington was considered a 3-4 DE prospect coming out.

KW has played at a PB level as a NT, so who is the 4-3 personnel that we have?

Who are our 4-3 DEs?

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Dwan Edwards, Alex Carrington, Chris Kelsay. Nick barnett middle, Kelvin Sheppard strong side, Aruthur Moats or danny batten weak side.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Dwan Edwards, Alex Carrington, Chris Kelsay. Nick barnett middle, Kelvin Sheppard strong side, Aruthur Moats or danny batten weak side.
I assume you meant to put Dareus in there. So basically Edwards and Kelsay are our pass rushers at DE?

That's a horrible line up. And also Moats and Batten are not 4-3 OLBs and would be lost out there.

EDS
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
I assume you meant to put Dareus in there. So basically Edwards and Kelsay are our pass rushers at DE?

That's a horrible line up. And also Moats and Batten are not 4-3 OLBs and would be lost out there.

They are lost in a 3-4 so doesn't matter.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 03:07 PM
How is that?

Troup is a NT prospect, Dareus played 3-4 in college, Edwards was a 3-4 DE in Baltimore, Barnett was a 3-4 ILB, Carrington was considered a 3-4 DE prospect coming out.

KW has played at a PB level as a NT, so who is the 4-3 personnel that we have?

Who are our 4-3 DEs?

4-3 line would look like, assuming all were healthy...

Merriman - Williams - Dareus - Kelsay

Just as much of a makeshift motley crew as we have now.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 03:17 PM

no, dareus would be a defensive tackle along with troup. heard and spencer johnson as their back ups.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 03:22 PM
4-3 line would look like, assuming all were healthy...

Merriman - Williams - Dareus - Kelsay

Just as much of a makeshift motley crew as we have now.
Why would Merriman be a 4-3 DE when he was a PBer as a OLB?

Plus, who would be our 3 LBs? We have no OLBs that fit a 4-3.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 03:23 PM
no, dareus would be a defensive tackle along with troup. heard is their back up.
Ok exactly,

So your DEs are Kelsay and Edwards... who will not get to any QB before 6 seconds.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Who says the linebackers we have don't fit a 4-3?

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok exactly,

So your DEs are Kelsay and Edwards... who will not get to any QB before 6 seconds.
says you. is the Canadian beer clogging your brain?

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Who says the linebackers we have don't fit a 4-3?
Because they were college DEs... how does that translate to covering RBs and TEs on a consistent basis and chasing ball carriers sideline to sideline? It doesn't.

If we move to 4-3 we need 2 new LBs and 3 or 4 DEs. All our current 3-4 DEs and NTs would be converted to DTs which would leave a few too many.

Moats and Batten are not 4-3 LBs and will never be. Even Barnett could struggle if left alone in the middle of a 4-3.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 03:31 PM
says you. is the Canadian beer clogging your brain?
This is the line up you gave me bud,

Edwards -- Carrington -- Dareus -- Kelsay... how is that line getting to any QB?

Talk sense before you start making smart ass comments...

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Why would Merriman be a 4-3 DE when he was a PBer as a OLB?

Plus, who would be our 3 LBs? We have no OLBs that fit a 4-3.

He's a 3-4 blitzing LBer. So in the 4-3 you'd line him up at DE to cause pressure.

I know, not ideal, but what we're doing now ain't ideal either.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 03:38 PM
This is the line up you gave me bud,

Edwards -- Carrington -- Dareus -- Kelsay... how is that line getting to any QB?

Talk sense before you start making smart ass comments...

No, i just gave you who would be defensive ends and linebackers.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 03:40 PM
He's a 3-4 blitzing LBer. So in the 4-3 you'd line him up at DE to cause pressure.

I know, not ideal, but what we're doing now ain't ideal either.
Ya fine,

So Merriman at DE I don't have a huge issue with but it will be a big adjustment for him not being protected by a 3-4 DE as he usually is.

Its different when you defend the run alone out on the edge as a pure 4-3 DE.

Still, even if that worked, the rest of our positions except for the DTs would need replacing.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 03:41 PM
No, i just gave you who would be defensive ends and linebackers.
Ok then you'd still be wrong if you think those guys are DEs and Lbs in a 4-3.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 05:14 PM
They're not ideal but that is who would be the defensive ends if the Bills fired Edwards and Wannstadt reverted back to the 4-3.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Merriman was defending the run every time he was in. He was basically a DE in a stand up position. Did you even notice the drop off in run defense from when he and kyle williams both went out?

ZEUS
11-21-2011, 07:31 PM
All you idiots were loving on Gailey a few weeks ago. I can't believe some of the crap I've wasted my time reading.

EDS
11-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Ya fine,

So Merriman at DE I don't have a huge issue with but it will be a big adjustment for him not being protected by a 3-4 DE as he usually is.

Its different when you defend the run alone out on the edge as a pure 4-3 DE.

Still, even if that worked, the rest of our positions except for the DTs would need replacing.

Merriman could conceivably be a 4-3 rush end in the mold of John Abraham. Kelsay we know has plenty of experience as a 4-3 end as well. Carrington could, and probably should, drop a bunch of weight and he could be an end as well. Draft another one for sure.

Barnett spent some time as an OLB with the Pack so he could reprise that role as well, with Sheppard in the middle and Scott as the coverage linebacker - basically same role he plays now.

The reall issue is that Williams and Dareus probably are best served by being 4-3 DTs (Williams was a PB as a 4-3 the year before, remember) and they are the two most talented guys on the defense, so might as well build around them. Not like the Bills have a trye 3-4 anchor NT anyway.

At the end of the day, the Bills should draft the best pass rusher in the draft next year, whether it be a OLB or DE, and build around that.

paladin warrior
11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
All you idiots were loving on Gailey a few weeks ago. I can't believe some of the crap I've wasted my time reading. WHATTTTT!!!!!! ...... Where have u been???? Did u went fishing??..Last year Bills were 4-12.. This year in the begining Bills were 3-0 On that time bills have good power rank and getting better . Sheesh Look right now Bills lost 3 in the roll with worse bills lower score. Bills lost yesterday that Fishbreath were in last place and Bills were in 2nd place.. So Embrassing. Chan Gailey have a lack of talent and a hollow inside head. Now Bills is 5-5 Chan Gailey have been for 2 1/2 year.. And he have 9 win and 17 lost. Good grief

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 08:34 PM
They're not ideal but that is who would be the defensive ends if the Bills fired Edwards and Wannstadt reverted back to the 4-3.
Exactly, so either way we would need to get better players in to fit that scheme... which was exactly my point. Scheme is not the problem, its personnel.

Still, we currently have more personnel to fit a 34 than a 43.

madness
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Yet we run both.

Mr. Miyagi
11-22-2011, 11:32 AM
How quickly has Gailey gone from Megamind to Nevermind.

madness
11-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Megamind never had a shortage of minions.