PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale changes you'd like to see by this Tuesday ??

Skooby
11-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Something has to change, we've gone from contending to crap in the past so many weeks. What do you want to see happen by Tuesday??

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-20-2011, 09:28 PM
N U T H I N WILL HAPPEN

get used to it

BLeonard
11-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Ralph Wilson selling the team.

It all starts at the top.

Over the past 12 years, we've seen coaching changes, player changes, "scheme" changes, uniform changes and probably 10-20 different slogan changes. In the end, it's all resulted in failure.

The one constant? Ralph Wilson.

-Bill

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
I want George Edwards fired. Also, I want a promise from Ralph to never attend another game as long as he lives.

hdeep9213
11-20-2011, 09:32 PM
odd thing bc if i am correct he missed the 1st couple of games and then came to the jets game and we got killed...funny how that worked..

NOT THE DUDE...
11-20-2011, 09:53 PM
well, we are not getting rid of gailey. this is a long rebuilding process. but as of tomorrow, they need to fire edwards. NOW!

promote wanny

kingJofNYC
11-20-2011, 10:03 PM
The only change you'll see is Kumar Aiken being promoted, probably sign a DB, Wheatley.

BLeonard
11-20-2011, 10:05 PM
well, we are not getting rid of gailey. this is a long rebuilding process. but as of tomorrow, they need to fire edwards. NOW!

promote wanny

Technically, since Wanndstedt is an assistant head coach, he's already ahead of Edwards.

I would like the Bills to make it a bit more clear on who is in charge of the defensive schemes, playcalling, etc... That way, we know how many of Wannstedt's fingerprints are on this abortion of a defense.

-Bill

Scumbag College
11-20-2011, 10:17 PM
They're going to sign guys off of the practice squad to fill the spots that are going to get IR'ed tomorrow. I don't think they're going to sign 2 starting WRs, a Center, 2 starting CBs, 2 OLBs, a pass rushing DEs...

Extremebillsfan247
11-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Something has to change, we've gone from contending to crap in the past so many weeks. What do you want to see happen by Tuesday?? What do you want to see happen by Tuesday?? _ Nothing. Making changes this late in the year with the depth this team has could make things even worse than they already are. Anything that can be done is not doable until this season is over. JMO

Borosai
11-21-2011, 12:46 AM
I don't see the point. The Bills aren't going anywhere this year. They should just evaluate the players currently on the team and practice squad, and start preparing for next year.

However, the defense is atrocious, and the offense is catching up. So... there's plenty to do by Tuesday.

YardRat
11-21-2011, 05:17 AM
The phone lines should be burning hot in search of a real 34 DC that wants a job next season. Somebody to fill the OC role would be a nice bonus.

SabreEleven
11-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Ralph Wilson selling the team.

It all starts at the top.

Over the past 12 years, we've seen coaching changes, player changes, "scheme" changes, uniform changes and probably 10-20 different slogan changes. In the end, it's all resulted in failure.

The one constant? Ralph Wilson.

-Bill

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. If I wasn't on stealth mode, I would thank you.

Stewie
11-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Technically, since Wanndstedt is an assistant head coach, he's already ahead of Edwards.

I would like the Bills to make it a bit more clear on who is in charge of the defensive schemes, playcalling, etc... That way, we know how many of Wannstedt's fingerprints are on this abortion of a defense.

-Bill

Edwards wears the headset, he calls the plays, he has the title, what more do you need to know?

OpIv37
11-21-2011, 08:16 AM
What wholesale changes can be made at this point? We had just enough talent to get by before the injuries, and with the injuries we truly lack talent in several key areas. There really isn't anything that can be done except throw some young guys in there and see who sinks and who swims.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-21-2011, 08:18 AM
The cancellation of the lease for Ralph Wilson Stadium.

SabreEleven
11-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Fire Edwards, Promote Wennstadt (sp?)

SquishDaFish
11-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Fire edwards and sign TO OR wilson sell the team or die. But nothing will happen!

Jan Reimers
11-21-2011, 08:25 AM
The entire active roster, injured reserve list, practice squad and coaching staff released immediately, the entire football front office fired, the remainder of the season forfeited and Ralph Wilson in serious negotiations to sell the team by December 31.

RoscoeMagic
11-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Cut someone. Send a message. Cut Brad Smith. Cut Spencer Johnson. Hell, cut Demetrius Bell. Dwan Edwards. Any one or combination of these would suffice. I'd say McKelvin too maybe.

RoscoeMagic
11-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Fire edwards and sign TO OR wilson sell the team or die. But nothing will happen!
I'd sign TO too in a heartbeat. Inject a spark.

Also, never let Smith return kicks again. Let Spiller take every one out. And by every one, I mean every one. I don't care if it's 9 yards deep, let him bring it out. We have nothing to lose at this point. The spark of a 109 yard KO return TD would be worth it.

Also, vs. the Jets would be a good time for one of those fake punt runs by Moorman. That blocked kick made me sick. Something to spark this team, please.

Bangarang
11-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Cut someone. Send a message. Cut Brad Smith. Cut Spencer Johnson. Hell, cut Demetrius Bell. Dwan Edwards. Any one or combination of these would suffice. I'd say McKelvin too maybe.

Spencer Johnson and Dwan Edwards aren't the issue. They are both solid depth players. It's not Spencer's fault that the coaches are putting him at OLB. The guy was signed to play DT.

RoscoeMagic
11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Spencer Johnson and Dwan Edwards aren't the issue. They are both solid depth players. It's not Spencer's fault that the coaches are putting him at OLB. The guy was signed to play DT.

That's true. Fire whoever thought putting him there was a good idea.

BLeonard
11-21-2011, 10:35 AM
What do you want to see happen by Tuesday?? _ Nothing. Making changes this late in the year with the depth this team has could make things even worse than they already are. Anything that can be done is not doable until this season is over. JMO

To quote Clark Griswold: "Worse? How could things get any worse? Take a look around you, Ellen... We're at the threshold of hell!"

-Bill

BLeonard
11-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Edwards wears the headset, he calls the plays, he has the title, what more do you need to know?

So... It's not possible that, even though Edwards has the title, he might be getting the playcalls from Wannstedt on his headset, then relaying them to the player on the field that has the audio communications?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gGYfJF6UG2mB/x350.jpg

There's a picture of Wannstedt with a headset while wearing a Bills jacket... meaning, the pic was taken this season. So, if both him and Edwards have a headset, how do you know Edwards is making the actual playcalls? Again, he could just be relaying the call to the players.

I don't recall reading anywhere where the Bills have stated who is in charge of playcalling on the defense... If you have, please show me a link, cause then we might get a better idea on who to get rid of.

-Bill

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 10:48 AM
So... It's not possible that, even though Edwards has the title, he might be getting the playcalls from Wannstedt on his headset, then relaying them to the player on the field that has the audio communications?

There's a picture of Wannstedt with a headset while wearing a Bills jacket... meaning, the pic was taken this season. So, if both him and Edwards have a headset, how do you know Edwards is making the actual playcalls? Again, he could just be relaying the call to the players.

I don't recall reading anywhere where the Bills have stated who is in charge of playcalling on the defense... If you have, please show me a link, cause then we might get a better idea on who to get rid of.

-Bill

Then fire both of them.

EDS
11-21-2011, 10:51 AM

-Bill

Does it really matter? Both should not be back next season.

cgbm
11-21-2011, 11:25 AM
i think everyone in the front office should be required to get a BILLSZONE account, and let US tell them what to do.

LET THE ZONE TURN THE SEASON ARROUND.

OpIv37
11-21-2011, 11:35 AM
i think everyone in the front office should be required to get a BILLSZONE account, and let US tell them what to do.

LET THE ZONE TURN THE SEASON ARROUND.

At first this sounds like a really bad idea.

But, in realilty, it would probably get us better results. It's shocking how many times people on this board have been right while the Bills' FO just keeps ****ing up.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 11:40 AM
What wholesale changes can be made at this point? We had just enough talent to get by before the injuries, and with the injuries we truly lack talent in several key areas. There really isn't anything that can be done except throw some young guys in there and see who sinks and who swims.

Firing George Edwards and letting Wannstadt run a 4-3 would be great.

PTI
11-21-2011, 11:44 AM
New owner, new GM, new HC, and new QB. Since none will happen, I would just start Thigpen next week. He might.

Fitz has a career under 50% completions and about 60 something QB rating against the Jets, he has no chance of leading the Bills to a win there at this point.

ServoBillieves
11-21-2011, 12:02 PM
May I point out the obvious? Fire Ciano and Gamble, then fire Hixon since his receivers can't hang on to the damn ball.

Edwards needs to be gone, but these things won't happen right away. You start off the season with the players that you know you have. You create a game plan around Merriman and Williams, you set blocking techniques for Levitre and Wood, you mold a defense around the routes of Roscoe and Marcus, you switch everything around...

Kyle Williams, Shawne Merriman, Roscoe Parrish, Eric Wood, Terrence McGee, Marcus Easley, Demetrius Bell, Donald Jones, Stevie Johnson, Aaron Williams, Chris Hairston, Chris Kelsay, George Wilson, Rian Lindell, and then add the backups in Jon Corto, Reggie Torbor (starter), Chris White a beast on ST, Jenkins I think.

That's an awful lot of key, great players hurt. You start off the season molding players around a game plan, and when the cogs fall out, the machine falls apart. When you fix it with the backup screws and bolts, and those rust or fall apart, then what do you do?

People brushed off the whole "don't blame it on injuries" thing, but has it not become obvious? We have Dareus, Sheppard, Searcy, and Williams starting on defense, with Troup and Heard thrown in too, and 90% of the board was mad we drafted so much defense. Fitzy had time with Bell and Wood, we had a pass rush and containment with Merriman, et cetera et cetera.

It's not an excuse when it's the truth.

Mski
11-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Put in Mcintire and use some power formations, we have a beast at full back, a running back who until sunday was leading the league, an offensive line that is strugling to pass block.... time to take a page out of the "old school" football and just try to ram it down the jets throats....

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Something has to change, we've gone from contending to crap in the past so many weeks. What do you want to see happen by Tuesday??
I want to see Naaman Roosevelt get more playing time and more targets.

Stop playing Sp.Johnson at OLB and let Moats either fail or succeed. I think we need to be scouring teams practice squads for a pass rusher and maybe even a big WR that can give us another dimension on offense.

Get Dareus off of NT because he is getting doubled and is not a factor in most games now. Troup should be playing NT now with Dareus at DE.

BLeonard
11-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Kyle Williams, Shawne Merriman, Roscoe Parrish, Eric Wood, Terrence McGee, Marcus Easley, Demetrius Bell, Donald Jones, Stevie Johnson, Aaron Williams, Chris Hairston, Chris Kelsay, George Wilson, Rian Lindell, and then add the backups in Jon Corto, Reggie Torbor (starter), Chris White a beast on ST, Jenkins I think.

That's an awful lot of key, great players hurt. You start off the season molding players around a game plan, and when the cogs fall out, the machine falls apart. When you fix it with the backup screws and bolts, and those rust or fall apart, then what do you do?

People brushed off the whole "don't blame it on injuries" thing, but has it not become obvious? We have Dareus, Sheppard, Searcy, and Williams starting on defense, with Troup and Heard thrown in too, and 90% of the board was mad we drafted so much defense. Fitzy had time with Bell and Wood, we had a pass rush and containment with Merriman, et cetera et cetera.

It's not an excuse when it's the truth.

Every team suffers injuries... The Giants lost 3/4 of their secondary before the season started... Still managed to beat the Bills. The Patriots are on like their 14th string secondary... They're in first place. Miami lost their starting quarterback for the season... Yet, Matt Moore looked like Joe Montana yesterday.

Let's also look at that lit a bit closer:

Kyle Williams, Demetrius Bell, Donald Jones - These are the ones I'll give you.

Shawne Merriman, Roscoe Parrish, Terrence McGee - Since when have they proven they can stay healthy?

Eric Wood, George Wilson - Only been out one game (Miami). Both were there for the Jets and Dallas asskickings.

Marcus Easley - Has he even played a down in a regular season game?

Stevie Johnson - He's played every game. Players play hurt all the time.

Aaron Williams, Chris Hairston - Rookies.

Chris Kelsay - 6 tackes and 1 sack in 8 games.

Rian Lindell - Didn't Rayner score the only points the Bills had on offense yesterday? He hit a 56 yarder in the process.

So, my questions are:

1: With Merriman, Parrish and McGee being so injury prone in the past, why were they beng depended on to keep the wheels from coming off?

2: With Easley never playing in an NFL regular season game, why did they put so much stock in him?

3: Why didn't they spend some of that $20 plus million in salary cap to get some servicable backups for these positions, in case the injury prone Merriman, Parrish and McGee got hurt yet again? That $20 plus million is STILL sitting in Ralph's bank collecting interest, while the Bills are trying to play their starting Left Guard at Center.

4: When they put Wood on IR, why would they elect to sign a Defensive Lineman?

5: Wouldn't having Geoff Hangartner right about now be a nice option to have? Of course, they had to cut him, because he would have made too much... While the Bills, again, sit $20 plus million under the cap.

-Bill

EDS
11-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Every team suffers injuries... The Giants lost 3/4 of their secondary before the season started... Still managed to beat the Bills. The Patriots are on like their 14th string secondary... They're in first place. Miami lost their starting quarterback for the season... Yet, Matt Moore looked like Joe Montana yesterday.

Let's also look at that lit a bit closer:

Kyle Williams, Demetrius Bell, Donald Jones - These are the ones I'll give you.

Shawne Merriman, Roscoe Parrish, Terrence McGee - Since when have they proven they can stay healthy?

Eric Wood, George Wilson - Only been out one game (Miami). Both were there for the Jets and Dallas asskickings.

Marcus Easley - Has he even played a down in a regular season game?

Stevie Johnson - He's played every game. Players play hurt all the time.

Aaron Williams, Chris Hairston - Rookies.

Chris Kelsay - 6 tackes and 1 sack in 8 games.

Rian Lindell - Didn't Rayner score the only points the Bills had on offense yesterday? He hit a 56 yarder in the process.

So, my questions are:

1: With Merriman, Parrish and McGee being so injury prone in the past, why were they beng depended on to keep the wheels from coming off?

2: With Easley never playing in an NFL regular season game, why did they put so much stock in him?

3: Why didn't they spend some of that $20 plus million in salary cap to get some servicable backups for these positions, in case the injury prone Merriman, Parrish and McGee got hurt yet again? That $20 plus million is STILL sitting in Ralph's bank collecting interest, while the Bills are trying to play their starting Left Guard at Center.

4: When they put Wood on IR, why would they elect to sign a Defensive Lineman?

5: Wouldn't having Geoff Hangartner right about now be a nice option to have? Of course, they had to cut him, because he would have made too much... While the Bills, again, sit $20 plus million under the cap.

-Bill

100% agree. Poor roster management all around.

RoscoeMagic
11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Fire the midget trainer. He's the common denominator throughout the different regimes with all our injury problems.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2011, 03:31 PM

a new owner.

Skooby
11-21-2011, 04:58 PM
a new owner.

That's God's will & he looks to be stomping on you with Yordad, so beware.