PDA

View Full Version : We keep trying to force square pegs in round holes

Skooby
11-21-2011, 06:13 AM
Why would the Bills force CJ Spiller to play WR or Brad Smith?? Who exactly can play OLB / ILB ?? The Bills keep trying to force players into positions that they are not properly trained for, all in the name of saving money. If they're on the roster & getting paid, find a way to get them on the field.

It's not Chan's fault now, it's 100% Ralph. We will not spend any more real money this season & it's been decried that what you have needs to be worked with. We have a bag of mixed bones & they're hurting the team, the one that's hurting the Bills the most is a near centurian.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-21-2011, 06:18 AM
they are sticking smith and spiller in at wr becasue everyone else has a major injury
did you see how many wr's have been whacked this year? its like playing wr for the bills will get you killed

Skooby
11-21-2011, 06:27 AM
they are sticking smith and spiller in at wr becasue everyone else has a major injury
did you see how many wr's have been whacked this year? its like playing wr for the bills will get you killed

So we then forced people to play positions their unaccustomed too, right? Your trying to justify our lack of depth or finding other WR's with injuries?? If your kicker is hurt, you can't hide the fact of having an unqualified player but think you can in other spots ??

Have you actually been to a game this year ?? I have & I'm telling you that we're fielding near an entire team of squares out of position right now, it's scary bad.

dannyek71
11-21-2011, 06:35 AM
Spiller has to play WR because he is certainly no RB.

Skooby
11-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Spiller has to play WR because he is certainly no RB.

Lol. Maybe we should make him a DB, using this same logic of course. Spiller is a bust, that's been pretty obvious for a while now.

Jan Reimers
11-21-2011, 06:59 AM
With as little depth as we have, dumping Hangartner and Evans to save some money were really pathetic moves.

I could come up with several other moves that were made over the last few years just for money saving purposes, but I'm too lazy. One that was right in front of me yesterday was veteran Ritchie Incognito, starting at guard and playing well for the Dolphins, who we dumped.

Buddo
11-21-2011, 07:15 AM
With as little depth as we have, dumping Hangartner and Evans to save some money were really pathetic moves.

I could come up with several other moves that were made over the last few years just for money saving purposes, but I'm too lazy. One that was right in front of me yesterday was veteran Ritchie Incognito, starting at guard and playing well for the Dolphins, who we dumped.

TBH, I don't believe Incognito ever really wanted to play for the Bills, but had just enough sense, to know it was an opportunity to get his name back out in the open, after getting canned elsewhere.

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 07:17 AM
The sad part is that if they use Spiller the way they did on that first drive the rest of the game he could be effective but for whatever reason he never got asked to do the same thing again.

Skooby
11-21-2011, 07:21 AM

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Maybe he was a little rough but he brought it on Sunday. Charles Haley used to jerkoff during Dallas' team meetings but no one had the nerve to say anything, how much worse can it be than that??

YardRat
11-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Spiller should be used flanked wide at times, if he's ever going to get a chance to contribute, and he could be more effective from the WR position than he'll ever be at RB. Smith has to line up outside at times when we have nobody else to put there, and it's not like he hasn't played the position before. I have no problem with either one of those.

Evans? Who cares, he wouldn't have done any better or worse than the ones we've had so far.

Incognito wasn't interested in returning, period, although I liked him during his short stint here and wish we could've kept him.

Hangartner would've been nice to retain, but he was one of the old guard and for some reason this staff is enamored with the young guys they've brought into the fold.

The only spot I see the team trying to ram down our throats is at LB, and obviously the defensive staff is full of dumbasses.

2slowtogofast
11-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Playoffs are not the goal. Making ralph some cash is