PDA

View Full Version : Batten and Moats

k-oneputt
11-21-2011, 08:11 AM
When do these two small school wonders, diamond in the rough, scouting finds actually start doing something ?
We have d-linemen starting at olb {S. Johnson, Kelsay, Carrington}.
I thought Batten and Moats were supposed to be olb's for this team and help rush the passer.
You think the jump in competition is a little to much ?
Looks like two more wasted draft picks.

RoscoeMagic
11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Moats only comes in on passing situations and I still think he does a decent job in generating pressure. But you have to wonder, if our run D is so bad without Moats there, how much worse could it possibly be with him? I'd let Moats play 3 downs. Pull the plug on these Johnson at OLB, Batten at OLB and Coleman at OLB experiments. This trio is brutal.

Bangarang
11-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Both aren't good. If you're trying to build a 3-4 you won't get anywhere if you hope to convert 6th & 7th round DEs into legit OLB rushers.

Historian
11-21-2011, 12:12 PM
....Because they both suck canal water.

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Batten isn't and shouldn't of ever been at OLB, just like you dont put Moats at ILB.

Poor coaching decisions there.

DesertFox24
11-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Batten isn't and shouldn't of ever been at OLB, just like you dont put Moats at ILB.

Poor coaching decisions there.

What move Batten to ILB and Moats to OLB?

I have no issues with that.

k-oneputt
11-21-2011, 01:34 PM
....Because they both suck canal water.

I go with this.

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 01:54 PM
When do these two small school wonders, diamond in the rough, scouting finds actually start doing something ?
We have d-linemen starting at olb {S. Johnson, Kelsay, Carrington}.
I thought Batten and Moats were supposed to be olb's for this team and help rush the passer.
You think the jump in competition is a little to much ?
Looks like two more wasted draft picks.
Moats seems like he has the first step to be a decent rusher but I really question our ability to coach edge rushers.

Maybin was in NY two minutes before he was suddenly able to beat OTs. We need better coaching on the defensive side of the ball.

And why is it that our all out blitzes always get picked up? Something is wrong there.