PDA

View Full Version : I'm not mad at 5-5, I'm mad at how they are 5-5.

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Yes, before the season started if you told me the Bills would be 5-5 at this point, I'd be elated. That's not the point. After starting out 4-1 and beating some good teams along the way, and only losing by a FG to a good Cincy and NY Giants team, they've **** the bed 3 weeks in a row. Big time. It's hard to swallow as a fan because, once again, with a 5-2 start, the Bills gave us hope. Then they kicked us squarely in the nuggets once again. As if we should be surprised. It's like the stupid kid in kindergarten who keeps licking the batteries even though it stings his tongue every time. Like it's not going to stink the 10th time you do it.

I actually don't think it's Fitzpatrick's fault either. Yes he's thrown 10 picks over the last 4 games, but at least 6 of those bounced right off of recievers hands. Both yesterday should've been caught by Bills' recievers, not picked.
It's like this team forgot how to catch during the bye week. It's like they forgot how get open. It's like they forgot how to score in the red zone. 4 tries from the 1 yard line against the Fins and you can't punch it in?

The defense, as I've stated in a previous thread, is the worst I have ever witnessed. I have never seen a team get shredded so badly in my entire life. Not in the NFL anyways. I understand getting bludgeoned by Tony Romo. But Matt freakin Moore? This guy was 2 bad passes from being cut a few weeks ago. He looked like Matt Montana when he usually looks like Hannah.

Every year I care a little less because of the way this team lets me down. This year is no different. My passion is still there, but deep down I know they are going to hurt me eventually.

I hate to make references like this, but I'm the abused wife in this scenario and the Bills are the drunken husband who comes home at 3am and beats me with a tv tray telling me to cook him some frozen pizza.

I need an intervention.

RoscoeMagic
11-21-2011, 09:07 AM
It looks like we're going in reverse, that's the problem. We'll finish with a better record than last year, but we look like a worse team than that 4-12 team at this point. OT game vs. the eventual SB runner-up Steelers, coming within a dropped pass of winning the game?? Hell, we just got blown out by one of the worse teams in the NFL. We're going in reverse.

The lack of depth has killed us. One guy goes down and his replacement comes in and the whole system gets blown up. That's all on Nix.

The lack of adjustments by Chan has also killed us. Once we were exposed in the Jets game, Chan does nothing to combat this. In fact, we've only looked worse since. Change something up Chan, they're obviously on to you.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Chan, you are quickly looking insane.

northernbillfan
11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
What you said in this thread is exactly the message I wanted to convey in my earlier thread. Only your words were put together better than mine were.

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I flew off the handle a bit yesterday. After a day to digest another low blow delivered by our beloved Bills, this is how I really felt.

PTI
11-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Goes both ways, I have seen plenty of poorly thrown balls that were caught, and many 2 yeard passes that were taken for 50 yards to fatten Fitz's stats that way.

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Goes both ways, I have seen plenty of poorly thrown balls that were caught, and many 2 yeard passes that were taken for 50 yards to fatten Fitz's stats that way.

Every ball can't be thrown exactly where the WR needs it to be. That's why they get paid to CATCH the ball. The ones that hit you directly in the hands and then get picked off are inexcusable.

stuckincincy
11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes, before the season started if you told me the Bills would be 5-5 at this point, I'd be elated. That's not the point. After starting out 4-1 and beating some good teams along the way, and only losing by a FG to a good Cincy and NY Giants team, they've **** the bed 3 weeks in a row. Big time.

Yep.

Outscored 26 - 106 in the last 3 contests. You lose by 7, 10, 14 late, well - then you can talk about the breaks of the game going this or that way.

I have 4 pieces of advice for 'em:

- play zone coverage. The rest of the season.

- run Spiller inside the tackles. If he can't do that, chalk him up. Forget any idea about using him as a wr.

- Dump the unprepared-for 3-4 experiment.

- Draft LBs and OLs. They have more fundamental problems than fretting about grabbing top DBs.

Oaf
11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
- Draft LBs and OLs. They have more fundamental problems than fretting about grabbing top DBs.

So you're satisfied with the play of Williams Mckelvin Florence?

stuckincincy
11-21-2011, 12:09 PM
So you're satisfied with the play of Williams Mckelvin Florence?

Of course not - what brought you to thinking that that is what I said? As I did say - other, more pressing problems. 4 spiff dbs never make up for a lousy other seven. If that crew was better, perhaps a couple of the dbs on staff might also look a bit better.

Horse before the cart stuff...

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2011, 12:14 PM
You can have the best coverage secondary in the NFL. If you don't have a pass rush, it won't matter. Guys can only stay covered for so long. Buffalo's biggest downfall is their inability to get pressure on the QB and their unwillingness to adjust coverages.

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
You can have the best coverage secondary in the NFL. If you don't have a pass rush, it won't matter. Guys can only stay covered for so long. Buffalo's biggest downfall is their inability to get pressure on the QB and their unwillingness to adjust coverages.

I think that's a simplistic approach to a far more complex issues. We run a system that even with a pass rush our CB's won't make plays in because they aren't a good fit for the system.

Do we need a pass rush? Without question but we also need a major overhaul at the CB position.

DesertFox24
11-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I think that's a simplistic approach to a far more complex issues. We run a system that even with a pass rush our CB's won't make plays in because they aren't a good fit for the system.

Do we need a pass rush? Without question but we also need a major overhaul at the CB position.

What type of corners do we need and name some guys that fit that we have (Williams Rodgers?) or could draft?

ServoBillieves
11-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I have a standing red buffalo on my right arm. My grandfather was a diehard, my dad is a diehard, my entire family is diehard, and I had trouble confronting them yesterday and today. Not even in person, but through texts and phone calls, they all live 400 miles from here.

My cousin laid it out quite nicely, he said "If the last 11 years as a Bills fan hadn't taught me anything, my soul would be torn to shreds right now, but I am used to disappointment." That hurt, but at the same time, are we really expecting anything more?

Injuries hurt, and just like they hurt the player, it hurts the fans. We talk about great depth, but where is the depth to the depth? George Wilson looked like an all star until his injury, and look what MATT MOORE did to that secondary. McGee done, McKelvin is a mistake, and Florence is mediocre at best. Scott, Byrd, and Wilson NEED to be on the field. It's hard to admit that Kelsay was missed for those game, and we all knew what would happen with Merriman.

So much promise, but you can't keep your promise when you're in sweats on the sideline. I remember as a football player being told I couldn't play with a concussion and saw the DE/TE that was in my position pretty much cat fight when we was blocking or rushing the passer, and when he went to catch a pass he dropped it like a squirming bass. This team has the talent, this team has the potential, but this team will go nowhere with a bunch of backups and push-arounds.

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2011, 02:02 PM

I agree the players suck. But, at least TRY different coverages to see if maybe they won't suck as bad. The defensive scheme sucks anyways. I've never seen such a piss poor example of a 3-4. And don't tell me it's "Hybrid" either. If you have 4 down lineman, that's a 4-3, not a 3-4. Whatever you want to call it, it should be filed under G for garbage.