PDA

View Full Version : Mercy sittings, fake Fitz injury to come soon again

PTI
11-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Just like the mercy sitting of Fitz in week 17 against the Jets last year, I imagine we will see this happen again. It is the only way OBD can once again sell us on Fitz as the QB, so the fans need to be duped into seeing someone else look bad at QB so they can say well Fitz is better than him. That is how Fitz got to be QB this year. Imagine if he crapped the bed against the Jets in week 17 last year, like they should have let him do. We would not be in the spot we are in if they just let him do that.

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Just like the mercy sitting of Fitz in week 17 against the Jets last year, I imagine we will see this happen again. It is the only way OBD can once again sell us on Fitz as the QB, so the fans need to be duped into seeing someone else look bad at QB so they can say well Fitz is better than him. That is how Fitz got to be QB this year. Imagine if he crapped the bed against the Jets in week 17 last year, like they should have let him do. We would not be in the spot we are in if they just let him do that.

Wait, so the master plan was to sit Fitz week 17, use smoke and mirrors to start strong, and before the rest of the league caught on we'd sign him to a contract extension?

I can barely tell by your posts, but are you for or against Fitz?

PTI
11-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Yes, sitting Fitz in week 17 was a part of a plan, they knew Brohm would suck and the last impression was not seeing Fitz suck awfully against the Patriots where he was worse than terrible in week 16.

I would cut Fitz right now, they have no chance to win with him at a playoff level.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Yes, sitting Fitz in week 17 was a part of a plan, they knew Brohm would suck and the last impression was not seeing Fitz suck awfully against the Patriots where he was worse than terrible in week 16.

I would cut Fitz right now, they have no chance to win with him at a playoff level.

They should cut about 40 people then based on your logic. Because they ain't winning at a playoff level with about 80% of the roster.

TigerJ
11-21-2011, 06:01 PM
I can't believe the Bills organization thinks the fan base is that stupid. We know Fitz is the best QB on the roster, but that says nothing about whether or not he is good enough to lead the team going forward. The only thing bringing Tyler Thigpen in would prove to fans is whether or not Buffalo needs a new backup QB.

Jeff1220
11-22-2011, 06:18 AM
So how would this master plan have worked out had Cam Newton fallen to #3?

Jan Reimers
11-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Your post is so far beyond assinine that I can't even find the right word for it. I hope it's a joke, although it's not at all humorous.

Night Train
11-22-2011, 06:57 AM
This thread deserves a mercy killing.

kingJofNYC
11-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Wonder what else is lurking in his brain.

Jan Reimers
11-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Wonder what else is lurking in his brain.
Please, don't encourage him.:nervous:

YardRat
11-22-2011, 07:20 AM
It's no coincidence the offense went into the toilet when the o-line started to get shuffled around to compensate for a slew of injuries. Early in the year, we saw what this team was capable of with an average at best offensive line, I see know reason why they can't get better with a little bit of luck in the health department and a couple of upgrades.

Fitz isn't the safest bet on the offensive side of the roster, but he sure as hell isn't the riskiest either.

As to the actual point of the op, if week 16-17 comes around and we have zero shot at the playoffs or even respectability, I'd start sitting some guys with mystery injuries also.

PTI
11-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Your post is so far beyond assinine that I can't even find the right word for it. I hope it's a joke, although it's not at all humorous.

So, sitting Fitz against the Jets last year in week 17 was not a mercy sitting? Fitz could have played that game.

Joe Fo Sho
11-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Oh boy, so is Jackson's injury fake now? So we can see that Spiller sucks and pay Freddie? Better lock him up before the aliens get him, huh PTI?

PTI
11-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Oh boy, so is Jackson's injury fake now? So we can see that Spiller sucks and pay Freddie? Better lock him up before the aliens get him, huh PTI?

Fred has a broken leg, these two are completely different. The Bills are 5-5, still alive in the playoff hunt, it is childish the way you have responded. Without a doubt Fitz was sat on purpose, he could have played that game against the Jets.

PTI
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
If the Bills don't beat the Phins, Fitz will be 'hurt' and we will see Thigpen the last few games, to once again be sold that, well,Fitz sucks less than the other guys the Bills have, just like Brohm in game 17 last year. I am telling you this will happen.