PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck vs 6-10 Season

Mike
11-21-2011, 10:57 AM
What would you prefer? To go the way of the Colts, loose many many games, and get Luck ( best QB prospect ever) or win an extra 4-6 games, miss out on Luck, and still no playoffs etc?

Elaborate....

TacklingDummy
11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
The Bills have been great the past decade at getting meaningless wins.

OpIv37
11-21-2011, 11:16 AM
You have to try to win every game.

Draft picks are no guarantee.

Philagape
11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
How is Luck an option anyway? They won't catch the Colts, and the Colts won't trade the pick (or, the Bills won't offer enough).

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM
There are QB's in almost every draft and Op is right you have to try and win every game.

Watch what happens between now and April if Luck and RGIII both declare.

cgbm
11-21-2011, 11:21 AM
there is no possible way of getting luck at this point. the fact that we have 5 wins means we are no 8-10 at best in the draft. and that would have to mean alot of teams would have to start winning.

fact is. we do have to try to win every game.

i have wanted for years for us to lose every game and get the best guy, but that doesnt work.

we win a few in the end and fall to 7 or 11.

lets win out and get a playoff birth.

don137
11-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Even if the Bills lose the rest of the games I do not see them being in position to draft a franchise caliber like Luck, the USC QB (Barkley) or the other good QB I think from Oklahoma. Too many teams behind us need a QB. Plus the Colts already said they will take a QB like Luck if they have the opportunity. I see the Chiefs, Dolphins, Redskins, Cardinals, Seahawks and Colts as teams that would take a franchise QB is one was available.

better days
11-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Let me elaborate. Luck is NOT the best QB prospect ever!!! That title belongs to the GREAT Joe Namath.

I will laugh my ass off if Luck turns out to be a bust.

Cntrygal
11-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Win every game possible.

Plus, I have no confidence that even if the Bills won the "Suck for Luck" lottery they would know what to do with him.

stuckincincy
11-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm not sold on Luck, and his media canonization. I guess if you end up with the #1 and have qb issues, go ahead. Maybe sell some tickets.

Unless I were desperate/stupid (a common NFL team management condition) and in the top 4 or so, I wouldn't bite on a trade for him.

The Jokeman
11-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Build a franchise and than you don't have to "Luck" your way into a franchise QB. Look at the 49ers. They've kept with Alex Smith despite what detractors saying they should have dumped him. Where's it gotten them? Second best record in the NFL.

MikeInRoch
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Let me elaborate. Luck is NOT the best QB prospect ever!!! That title belongs to the GREAT Joe Namath.

I will laugh my ass off if Luck turns out to be a bust.

"Great"? I'm not sure he even belongs in "very good." One of the most over-rated QBs of all time.

MikeInRoch
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Anyone who thinks that QB is our biggest problem is not really paying much attention.

Jaydog57
11-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Wow, 3 weeks after signing your guy to a big contract, there's already Bills fans that want to draft Luck.

PTI
11-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Anyone who thinks that QB is our biggest problem is not really paying much attention.

Seriously? If your QB plays good you tend to win more often, and when your QB plays bad, you tend to lose. It is that simple. Have you paid attention to the numbers Matt Moore has in the last 3 games that Miami has won?

TacklingDummy
11-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Colts with Manning 10-6, without Manning 0-10.

It all starts and ends with the QB position.

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Wow, 3 weeks after signing your guy to a big contract, there's already Bills fans that want to draft Luck.
There were plenty of fans who did not want to give him that extension in the first place.

trapezeus
11-21-2011, 12:29 PM
how are people watching these last 3 weeks and determining that QB is the main need. You need depth. We've had injuries every single year and no one to replace them.

OL - depth needed
LB- starters needed
CB - starters and depth needed.

Fitz showed you what he can do with time. when he's getting hit, he's the other quarterback that we don't want.

Fitz still might not be the guy long term, but you have him signed now. so unless someone falls, i'd be very disappointed with a QB selection in the draft.

Borosai
11-21-2011, 01:52 PM
If the Bills want to draft a QB, there will be other options.

MikeInRoch
11-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Seriously? If your QB plays good you tend to win more often, and when your QB plays bad, you tend to lose. It is that simple. Have you paid attention to the numbers Matt Moore has in the last 3 games that Miami has won?

In how many of those games has Miami's defense given up TDs to their opponents on the first four posessions of the game?

I'm not saying the QB play has been even acceptable. But it's still not our biggest problem.

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
how are people watching these last 3 weeks and determining that QB is the main need. You need depth. We've had injuries every single year and no one to replace them.

OL - depth needed
LB- starters needed
CB - starters and depth needed.

Fitz showed you what he can do with time. when he's getting hit, he's the other quarterback that we don't want.

Fitz still might not be the guy long term, but you have him signed now. so unless someone falls, i'd be very disappointed with a QB selection in the draft.

You can add starting OL, starting WR, starting DL, and starting QB to that list as well. We have massive needs at nearly every position right now.

Jaydog57
11-21-2011, 02:20 PM
There were plenty of fans who did not want to give him that extension in the first place.Yeah, I've seen plenty of "I told you so's" on the internet by Bills fans about giving Fitz an extenion so soon, but not too much interest in Luck until yesterday afternoon.

trapezeus
11-21-2011, 02:27 PM
You can add starting OL, starting WR, starting DL, and starting QB to that list as well. We have massive needs at nearly every position right now.

yet that starting line, qb and wrs did fine when healthy against decent competion. Injured and playing scared, they aren't. i honestly think you need that OL back with reserves who can be plugged in and played. maybe one real stud receiver, but other than that...they are good enough to win a playoff spot.

Mski
11-21-2011, 03:36 PM
i would say the only position this team couldnt imediately upgrade via the draft and FA is safety, and #1RB

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 03:52 PM
yet that starting line, qb and wrs did fine when healthy against decent competion. Injured and playing scared, they aren't. i honestly think you need that OL back with reserves who can be plugged in and played. maybe one real stud receiver, but other than that...they are good enough to win a playoff spot.

Don't see it. I told a few people on here before the bye that I think our scheme was figured out. You want to know how much talent you really have? Wait till people figure out how to gameplan you. Then its not about formations and confusion its about who is better. If Im right and people did, then you have a great look at why I dont think our talent was as good as our record indicated.

DraftBoy
11-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I've seen plenty of "I told you so's" on the internet by Bills fans about giving Fitz an extenion so soon, but not too much interest in Luck until yesterday afternoon.

Pointless pipe dream.

Mike
11-22-2011, 10:15 AM
You have to try to win every game.

Draft picks are no guarantee.

I get that from a Coaches or Players Point of View, but from a GMs POV they prefer the better draft picks. I have heard of GM talking about "bottoming out", that a team really needs to hit rock bottom 1-3wins, in order to put themselves in the position to get top talent. And this has been the Bills problem, we have been mediocre. No bad enough to get the top talent, not good enough to draft well where we were...

Mike
11-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Secondly, isn't giving up a few wins this season, with a bad team & poor talent, better than giving up many potential wins? Lets see who we could have had had we lost 1-2 games these past few years (I am only focusing on players Bills showed they wanted to draft)

Just to Name a Few
Cam Newton ( They wanted him badly, but he went to Carolina. Still have good pick here)
Patrick Willis ( Bills wanted him so badly they even tried to trade up 1 Spot with 49ers to draft him. 1 meaningless win cost us Willis and instead we got Lynch!!!! If we had Willis now, that would have translated to more win since his arrival than the extra meaningless win we got in that year of the draft)
Ben Rothlisburger ( The one year the Steelers have an off year they get Big Ben. Only few victories separated us from the Steelers and Bills tried to trade up to get him. Instead we got Lee Evens and they got 2 SB rings.)

Do you think any of the teams above would trade places with us now? Give up their great players so they can have meaningless wins? Ask Colts fans how it was to get Manning. They had to suck, and 1 extra win meant Ryan Leaf, but in the end all of that pain and misery has to count for something, at least let it count for the possibility of good fortune.

Night Train
11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
It's not that the Bills think Fitz is anything more than servicable..it's knowing the D and ovrerall depth is lacking in numbers.

The Bills would have to sign 5-6 players in FA, prior to even using their picks to fix all the holes.

better days
11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
It's not that the Bills think Fitz is anything more than servicable..it's knowing the D and ovrerall depth is lacking in numbers.

The Bills would have to sign 5-6 players in FA, prior to even using their picks to fix all the holes.

Even if the Bills wanted to sign 5-6 FA's, which they don't, there will not be 5-6 GOOD FA's that want to sign here when Danny or Jerry is willing to pay BIG MONEY to be a Skin or Cowboy.

The Skins & Eagles among other teams have proven you can't build a winning team by signing 5-6 free agents.

stuckincincy
11-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Colts with Manning 10-6, without Manning 0-10.

It all starts and ends with the QB position.

Same crummy club that routinely dumps their games when their season and playoff situation is sewed up. Their antics made the NFL push division games into the later season games.

If you've seen one of their games this season - they are dogging it big time. No surprise there...

Night Train
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Even if the Bills wanted to sign 5-6 FA's, which they don't, there will not be 5-6 GOOD FA's that want to sign here when Danny or Jerry is willing to pay BIG MONEY to be a Skin or Cowboy.

The Skins & Eagles among other teams have proven you can't build a winning team by signing 5-6 free agents.

I know this... Just stating the obvious as to why getting a QB may not be a priority, with so many needs. They'll be lucky to sign 2 reserve types in FA.

better days
11-22-2011, 12:33 PM
I know this... Just stating the obvious as to why getting a QB may not be a priority, with so many needs. They'll be lucky to sign 2 reserve types in FA.

I think if a QB you LIKE is there to be had when you pick, you have to take him. If teams like the Fins & Seahawks keep winning games & the Bills keep losing, a quality QB may become available for them to draft.