X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2slowtogofast
    • Sep 2007

If you were to grade the re-building process thus far

Give it a grade so far I say C-. Better than my expectations in august. However way worse then my expectations at the end of september. How do you guys think the re-build is going?
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Re: If you were to grade the re-building process thus far

F. Show me the baby.

-Bill

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

I would say a B. We all knew the Bills have no depth & injuries have taken their toll.

Comment

• bf1
        • Oct 2010

F. Really no improvements talent wise.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by better days
          We all knew the Bills have no depth & injuries have taken their toll.
          The Bills have nobody to blame but themselves for not having depth. There were players available in Free Agency. They could have kept Hangartner. But, apparently somewhere, the NFL rules state the Bills must be $20 million below the salary cap at all times.

-Bill

Comment

• PTI
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

D is what they get, they have focused on defense for 2 years and there is no change to how bad they are, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst starting QB in the NFL, and I said before the season of all returning QBs who seem to have a grip on the #1 job, he was the worse.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BLeonard
              The Bills have nobody to blame but themselves for not having depth. There were players available in Free Agency. They could have kept Hangartner. But, apparently somewhere, the NFL rules state the Bills must be $20 million below the salary cap at all times.

-Bill
              I guess you forgot how Hangartner played last year. NOBODY any good was available in free agency that wanted to be a Bill.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

D and its because they refuse to decide on a system and get the players to fit it. Specifically on defense but also on offense.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Grade = Incomplete.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• 2slowtogofast
                    • Sep 2007

I want to change to a D. We screwed up the spiller pick no real depth like so many others have said and we got this fitz contract hanging over our head that is not looking good so far. The hot start can't make up for all that. I would say F but we beat NE so that counts for somthing to me

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

D in my book.

Their drafting isn't better. Spiller looks like a bust, Troup has done nothing. There is no depth. George Edwards is a moron.

Gailey definitely made some bad coaching choices the past couple of weeks, but I really don't think he's the problem. I definitely think he has done much better than he should have with the garbage that Nix gave him.

The D is still a disaster. I don't know how we can draft so many guys and sign so many guys and STILL have so many holes. We are just spinning our wheels.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

F.

This team is in worse shape now than it was 2 years ago.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          The D is still a disaster. I don't know how we can draft so many guys and sign so many guys and STILL have so many holes. We are just spinning our wheels.
                          G_ORG_ _DWARDS

Would you like to buy a vowel?
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            D and its because they refuse to decide on a system and get the players to fit it. Specifically on defense but also on offense.
                            I think every draft pick they've made on defense was with the 3-4 in mind, except for the DBs.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

I don't know if replacing edwards does much. the bills are still a bad LB team. No pressure, no coverage and then no depth. What exactly are you going to call to make up for that?

The bills, as painful as this is to say, are better at defense than last year. No 200+ yard rushes. A couple games where they actually stopped bad teams. That's a big step forward. They need a LB core and it'll get much better.

Offense, the OL depth isn't there.

How many years are we going to complain about injuries? Injuries happen. i don't know if you can get trainers to fix that, but at least have the team deep enough to be ready for those injuries. I thought the OL did well with the first round of injuries. but with hairston and levtrie out of position, the timing isn't there, the run holes aren't there.

You can blame fitz and the WR's and spiller, but they aren't getting much now.

Fitz needs to put the ball in a catchable space and not get these players dismantled.

I think the rebuild is about a C/C-. Spiller, Troupe, Moats, Carrington, no one is really a stand out player. Tough to call busts, but not good enough at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X