PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle to Spark the Offense

Mahdi
11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Gailey needs to bring something fresh to the offense to spark it back to where it was.

I remember a few years back when we ran the no huddle against the Ravens when Rex was the DC and Trent was the QB. We kept them from making all their substitutions and getting all their exotic blitzes in.

I think Fitz can run it against the Jets and have a lot of success. I believe the Pats used a lot of no huddle against the Jets when they beat them 2 weeks ago also.

RoscoeMagic
11-21-2011, 09:05 PM
I think the man in your avatar needs to be the spark.

Let him return every kick, give him 10 carries, more if Jackson can't go obviously or is limited. We need something.

I like the no-huddle, it could work. Anything to spark this offense. Have Brad Smith throw a pass to Fitzpatrick, I don't know, it can't be any worse than Fitz to Donald Jones has been the past two weeks. They seriously need to pull out all the stops this week. Trick plays, fake punts, reverses, no-huddles.

The cookie-cutter Gailey offense isn't getting the job done. The Jets exposed us and we did nothing to adjust. You would think it wouldn't take Chan three weeks to figure out he needs to adjust, so in all likelihood we're doomed, but hey, maybe he's caught on.

Billz_fan
11-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Maybe in short spurts but I don't think we have the personnel to run a good no huddle. It's also not as effective when the QB is getting the plays from the side line. The best parts of the real no huddle K-gun were that Kelly was in charge of calling his own plays and did not have to wait for anything from the side line. Kent Hull was doing all the line calls and everything was done on the field.

The last thing we need to do is go 3 and out a bunch of times with ineffective personnel and stick that god awful defense out on the field even more.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Kent hull RIP

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2011, 10:54 PM
I think Chan Gailey needs to draw up a new play book to create a spark. The one he's using from when he was in college isn't working.

imbondz
11-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Sundays' game snapped all my excitement and care for this season. Another punch in the gut.

Jeff1220
11-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Sundays' game snapped all my excitement and care for this season. Another punch in the gut.

Same.

jamze132
11-22-2011, 05:48 AM
Whenever we have gone to a "hurry-up" offense this year, we have moved the ball. If it works, use it.

Mski
11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I think the man in your avatar needs to be the spark.

Let him return every kick, give him 10 carries, more if Jackson can't go obviously or is limited. We need something.

I like the no-huddle, it could work. Anything to spark this offense. Have Brad Smith throw a pass to Fitzpatrick, I don't know, it can't be any worse than Fitz to Donald Jones has been the past two weeks. They seriously need to pull out all the stops this week. Trick plays, fake punts, reverses, no-huddles.

The cookie-cutter Gailey offense isn't getting the job done. The Jets exposed us and we did nothing to adjust. You would think it wouldn't take Chan three weeks to figure out he needs to adjust, so in all likelihood we're doomed, but hey, maybe he's caught on.didnt they try that last week with the Fitz to Fitz throw?:idunno:

YardRat
11-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Fitz may be able to run it, but with CJ in the backfield, third-stringers and street FA's at wideout and a shuffled o-line/new center there's no way the rest of the team can without confusing themselves and ****ing up.

PromoTheRobot
11-23-2011, 03:14 PM
It better work or else all you are doing is getting your feeble defense back on the field even faster. 3 and out, only faster.

PTR

madness
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I just figured out how our defense could actually be worse off than they already are.

Mahdi
11-23-2011, 05:00 PM
I just figured out how our defense could actually be worse off than they already are.
We're already going 3 and out anyways. Might as well figure any way possible to increase the chances of actually scoring points. That also helps a defense.

OpIv37
11-23-2011, 08:04 PM
lmao- we fired the OC before the season less than a year and a half ago for trying to use the no-huddle as a base offense. The only answer is more talent and a new DC and neither will happen mid- season.

madness
11-23-2011, 10:32 PM
lmao- we fired the OC before the season less than a year and a half ago for trying to use the no-huddle as a base offense. The only answer is more talent and a new DC and neither will happen mid- season.
No really, it can work. In fact it's the first thing you should do when starting a 2nd backup center, backup RB and practice squad WR's.

:peace:

Bert102176
11-23-2011, 11:41 PM
No really, it can work. In fact it's the first thing you should do when starting a 2nd backup center, backup RB and practice squad WR's.

:peace:

I predict no more wins this year