PDA

View Full Version : OK, let's look ahead to the Jets, and how the Bills could possibly beat them.

Forward_Lateral
11-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Injuries are widespread throughout the locker room. Jones is out, Nelson, Stevie J are banged up. The Bills are running out of WRs to run their spread style offense.

I think they are going to have to run a lot of I formation, and run the ball into the teeth of the Jets' D. The spread obviously isn't working, as teams have figured out that hitting the Bills' WRs shakes them up, and gives them alligator arms.

One good positive thing, if there is any, from the Dolphins loss was Scott Chandler. He looks unstoppable at times. He's way too big to be covered. I'd be throwing him 20 balls a game.

Defensively, let's face it, the Bills stink. They are going to have to jam the Jet Wrs and pray that Sanchez makes at least a few huge mistakes.

I really don't see much chance of a road victory, especially after the last 2 losses, but this is the NFL, and you really never know what's actually going to happen.

YardRat
11-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Freddie is banged up also, and probably won't practice for a few days at the very least.

Forward_Lateral
11-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Also, let's hope that Ubrik can snap the freaking ball better than Levitre. I don't blame Andy, as he shouldn't be expected to be able to play every ***** position on the O-line. The coaches are to blame for not having a backup Center ready.

Forward_Lateral
11-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Freddie is banged up also, and probably won't practice for a few days at the very least.

I'm one of the few, probably, but I want to see what Spiller can do. Maybe he gets more carries, and shows that he can handle more of the load. It's no surprise that FJ is hurt, he's carried the ball and caught the ball a ton of times already. Spiller needs to step up and show that he can be the Lightning to Freddie's Thunder.

justasportsfan
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM
how the Bills could possibly beat them

send the broncos to play for us.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2011, 09:51 AM
The Bills can't beat the Jets, period.

Ed
11-22-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm one of the few, probably, but I want to see what Spiller can do. Maybe he gets more carries, and shows that he can handle more of the load. It's no surprise that FJ is hurt, he's carried the ball and caught the ball a ton of times already. Spiller needs to step up and show that he can be the Lightning to Freddie's Thunder.
I do too. And I've wanted to see him get more carries this entire season for the exact reason of keeping Fred Jackson healthier. People keep saying that he's not your typical 30 year old, but he's going to get old pretty quick if he takes a huge beating every week. Even when he's not getting carries or catching the ball he's taking hits on every play with blocking.

If we're going to extend Freddie and are playoff chances continue to look bleak, then there's not point in wearing him out. Let's see a little more work for CJ.

k-oneputt
11-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Plus three in turnovers.

Anything else is a loss.

Skooby
11-22-2011, 10:05 AM
The Bills can't beat the Jets, period.

They said the same thing about Denver versus the Jets as well.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah but Denvers players actually looked like they all had heartbeats the past few games. The Bills players on the other hand? They all have tunnel vision and are going through the motions, or so it seems.

madness
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
As they say... the stats don't lie. Do what EVERY other team did to beat the Jets and what we failed to do the first time... commit to the run and use a multi-back system. We're going to add those missing years in a blink on FJ at this pace.

Ed
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Well at least the Jets don't have any tape on CJ since he doesn't get any carries. Maybe he can be our secret weapon this week.

I just really hope we don't abandon the run this week after one series. Our passing game just doesn't match up well against the Jets right now. If we come out throwing on every down again and going 3 and out on every series, I'm going to be annoyed.

paladin warrior
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Dude Just let's Go .Let the Jets win for begger:oj:

Extremebillsfan247
11-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Injuries are widespread throughout the locker room. Jones is out, Nelson, Stevie J are banged up. The Bills are running out of WRs to run their spread style offense.

I think they are going to have to run a lot of I formation, and run the ball into the teeth of the Jets' D. The spread obviously isn't working, as teams have figured out that hitting the Bills' WRs shakes them up, and gives them alligator arms.

One good positive thing, if there is any, from the Dolphins loss was Scott Chandler. He looks unstoppable at times. He's way too big to be covered. I'd be throwing him 20 balls a game.

Defensively, let's face it, the Bills stink. They are going to have to jam the Jet Wrs and pray that Sanchez makes at least a few huge mistakes.

I really don't see much chance of a road victory, especially after the last 2 losses, but this is the NFL, and you really never know what's actually going to happen.The only way this Bills team is going to beat the Jets is with a solid defensive performance. When a defense cant stop long sustainable 80 yard drives that eat up a lot of clock, the offense doesn't have much of a chance, and neither does your team of winning games. JMO

SabreEleven
11-22-2011, 07:46 PM
The Bills will win....if the Jets get lost on the way to the stadium.

ZEUS
11-23-2011, 04:51 AM

We saw what he can do and that is not a whole lot. He got stuffed in the end zone twice. Looked like he pulled up when he thought he was in and then got pounded back. He never does anything when he has the opprotunity. Although, he did have some good punt returns. Maybe they found something he's good at.

I don't understand the hard on for Spiller. The only problem with the run game is Gailey gives up on it too fast.

Luisito23
11-23-2011, 05:41 AM
I don't understand the hard on for Spiller.

It's not so much of a hard on, as it is giving him an actual game to prove himself.

Personally I think he is a bust in the making, but at least give the guy more than 3 carries a game to see what he can, or can't do.

Why continue to punish Freddy, when we know what we got in him?

The smart thing to do is to save our only star for next year, and let the kid play, because we all know by now that the season is all but over.

don137
11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Have the Jets play Maybin in all running situations would go a long way.

mikemac2001
11-23-2011, 10:21 AM
To many injuries not enough bullets in the gun to win this season...we don;t have the depth to overcome these

but if we can steal a game from the jets we are coming back to the ralph with some momentum and maybe the crowd can lift them a little to steal a few more wins then hey u never know

Mr. Pink
11-23-2011, 12:39 PM
See a lot of this...Pass pass pass punt.

We lose by 20+

Forward_Lateral
11-23-2011, 12:43 PM
It's going to be FUGLY. Rex Ryan is salivating more than Jabba The Hut.