X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Bills vs Texans

I recall a few weeks back, some argued (psubillsfan) that the Bills should be getting the same respect -and they were- as the Texans, and how Dare anyone insinuate that the Texans are better -which they are.

Now does it make sense? They have better talent and have had worst injuries yet they still win.
    Please Make Sense
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bills vs Texans

Houston has a real defensive coordinator.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

They are definitely more talented. There is no argument there.

Schaub, Johnson, Foster vs Fitz, Jackson, Johnson ==> Texans better

Cushing, Jonathan Joseph, Demeco Ryans, Brooks Reed (5 sacks), Connor Barwin (4.5 sacks) vs Barnett, Florence, Shepp, Sp.Johnson, Kelsay ==> not even close, Texans

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Wow, this thread is begging to get bumped within the next few weeks.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

worst injuries bad for Texans of Houston, Ugg says so.

It's "worse", and I have to disagree, not even close to how important players on this squad went down.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
            It's "worse", and I have to disagree, not even close to how important players on this squad went down.
            Mario Williams, their best defensive player and one of the best in the NFL, was hurt in their 5th game and went on IR.

Andre Johnson, their best offensive player and maybe the best WR in the NFL, was hurt in the 4th game and has missed their last 6 games.

Matt Schaub, their starting QB, was just put on IR.

That is pretty bad. Probably their 3 most important players, and while Johnson is likely to return this week, that is getting hit pretty hard by injuries. In fact, I would argue that those 3 are better players than anyone on the Bills team.

Houston has had other injuries, like Arian Foster being out early in the season and starting S Danieal Manning missing the last month, but I don't think any team has lost 3 players as good as those three.
            Last edited by Ickybaluky; 11-22-2011, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike
              I recall a few weeks back, some argued (psubillsfan) that the Bills should be getting the same respect -and they were- as the Texans, and how Dare anyone insinuate that the Texans are better -which they are.

Now does it make sense? They have better talent and have had worst injuries yet they still win.
              Well, what is the point in starting a new thread about that now? Does psubillsfan qualify as SOME or are there unnamed others that agreed with him? And if so, why single him out?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                Mario Williams, their best defensive player and one of the best in the NFL, was hurt in their 5th game and went on IR.

Andre Johnson, their best offensive player and maybe the best WR in the NFL, was hurt in the 4th game and has missed their last 6 games.

That is pretty bad. Probably their 3 most important players, and while Johnson is likely to return this week, that is getting hit pretty hard by injuries. In fact, I would argue that those 3 are better players than anyone on the Bills team.

Houston has had other injuries, like Arian Foster being out early in the season and starting S Danieal Manning missing the last month, but I don't think any team has lost 3 players as good as those three.
                Schaub was JUST put on IR, as in he was healthy for all those games. He's an elite player that has helped his team. Schaub makes Johnson who he is, yes he's elite too but he's just one receiver. Mario Williams is also a loss, obviously, but that is just one defensive player.

We lost Merriman who looked like he was back to his old self, we lost Roscoe in a spread receiving offense, we lost Easley who this regime believed in off the bat, we lost Wood. Bell, our LT, essentially the most important player on offense besides the QB, has been injured, and so was his backup. I almost hate to say this, but Kelsay being hurt was a huge loss. Kyle Williams is a phenomenal DT/NT, and he is a game changer just like Williams, and HE is now on IR. Jones was injured, I mean... the list goes on.

That's been ALL YEAR, that hasn't been the past couple days or weeks.

We are starting a group that is no where NEAR what this team planned it to be. Merriman, K. Williams, Dareus at DE, Wilson at safety, Torbor at ILB, that was the plan.

Now we have Sheppard at ILB, Davis on the bench, Moats for Merriman, Batten for Kelsay, Torrell Troup for KW and Dareus inside, Searcy starting at safety, and 0 pass rush. We need Merriman. We need Kyle. We need George Wilson. Otherwise, these Offensive Coordinators are going to have a field day, like they have.

I would consider the myriad of injuries the Bills have had WAY worse than losing an OLB and a receiver, when we've lost 2 OLB's and about 4 receivers. There really is no comparison.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Houston plays in a weak-ass division.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by YardRat
                    Houston plays in a weak-ass division.
                    They would be the 2nd best team if they were in east

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ickybaluky

It was not even known if Mario Williams would fit into Wade Phillips defense before the year started. He did & played better than he previously had, but he was being talked about as a bust prior to this year, not one of the best.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                        They would be the 2nd best team if they were in east
                        If they were in the East, they would have a DIFFERENT schedule so you don't know what their record would be.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
                          We lost Merriman who looked like he was back to his old self
                          when was that I must have been in the bathroom

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph
                            Sealing the edge? Making plays near the LOS? Team's had to gameplan around him, team's still feared him. When starters were in during the preseason, he tore Chicago's line apart. During the season, they went to Kelsays side, minimal gains, quick throws.

He is a loss, and if you deny it, well that must've been one long bowel movement.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph
                              He was putting pressure on the QB before being injured that the Bills have not had since.

Comment

Working...
                              X