• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Bills sign Aiken and Hagan

Bills sign WRs Kamar aiken and Derek Hagan to the 53 man roster... WR Donald Jones and CB Terrence McGee placed on IR. Via V-Text

-Bill
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Bills sign Aiken and Hagan

Hagan? Seriously? I like promoting Aiken, but wtf... This team is 100% screwed because of injuries.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

Who's Hagan?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Didn't we have enough mediocre WRs already?
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Ed
          Who's Hagan?
          Ex Fish, ex Giant, and was signed by the Raiders this season, was a free agent, has pedestrian stats... He's pointless on this team unless he's filling in for Terrence.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

If it means Ruvell 'I'm wasting a spot on the roster' Martin doesn't see the field at wide-out, I'm all for it.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
              If it means Ruvell 'I'm wasting a spot on the roster' Martin doesn't see the field at wide-out, I'm all for it.
              I would like to see Martin on the field at WR. Let him sink or swim. He has only gone underwater twice, he has a third time in him, then the Bills can cut bait on him.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Didn't we have enough mediocre WRs already?
                Yes, but suggest an alternative...
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• BLeonard
                  BoB Sabermetrician
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                  A backup offensive lineman?

Hell, at this stage, I'd say that promoting Jasper would be a better move... at least he's been on the practice squad and is familiar with the team...

-Bill

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

TO!!!

or

Moss!!!

C'mon, you know it is a matter of time, so it might as well have been me.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BLeonard
                      A backup offensive lineman?

Hell, at this stage, I'd say that promoting Jasper would be a better move... at least he's been on the practice squad and is familiar with the team...

-Bill

I don't think the position of need is in doubt. We NEED a WR or too, based on our injuries. My question was - assuming we need a receiver, make a suggestion for one we can get who isn't second rate at this point.
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• T-Long
                        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                        • Sep 2003

Stevie is banged up, Jones is on IR, Nelson got banged up, Easley and Parrish are on IR, Freddy is banged up so Spiller needs to focus on just RB right now...all the more reasons to bring in 2 receivers. Aiken knows the system and Hagan may never make the game day roster...but he can start learning just in case we need him. I liked him coming out of college, but his pro career has been a flop so far.

Comment

• BLeonard
                          BoB Sabermetrician
                          • Jan 2003

I don't think the position of need is in doubt. We NEED a WR or too, based on our injuries. My question was - assuming we need a receiver, make a suggestion for one we can get who isn't second rate at this point.
                          Fair enough. I won't argue that WR is a position of need... But, OLine is a need as well (granted, it's been a need since the late 90's but who's counting?).

I find it kind of odd that Hagan's best game this season was against the Bills (week 2, he was on the Raiders). Had 5 catches for 61 yards.

I would agree that you're probably right... We're not going to find a bona-fide star at WR at this stage of the game... But, I would also ask, why not simply use Ruvell Martin more? He's already on the roster...

If Martin isn't better than Hagan, that's fine too... But, then, get rid of Martin and get someone that is going to be more of a contributor at this stage.

I'm not against them signing two WR's, per se... Just saying, if it were me, I would have promoted two of "my guys" off of the practice squad.

-Bill

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BLeonard
                            Fair enough. I won't argue that WR is a position of need... But, OLine is a need as well (granted, it's been a need since the late 90's but who's counting?).

I find it kind of odd that Hagan's best game this season was against the Bills (week 2, he was on the Raiders). Had 5 catches for 61 yards.

I would agree that you're probably right... We're not going to find a bona-fide star at WR at this stage of the game... But, I would also ask, why not simply use Ruvell Martin more? He's already on the roster...

If Martin isn't better than Hagan, that's fine too... But, then, get rid of Martin and get someone that is going to be more of a contributor at this stage.

I'm not against them signing two WR's, per se... Just saying, if it were me, I would have promoted two of "my guys" off of the practice squad.

-Bill
                            O-Line is less of a need atm - unless there was a half decent center available.
                            Bell is close to being fit, Hairston is. We already have a back up guard in Brown.
                            Urbik can probably play center well enough, with Levitre and Rinehart at guard.

TBH, I'm interested to see what Aiken can do, as he's a 'like for like' replacement for Jones imho. Hagan has at least played this season, and is probably going to be a slot guy.

I'm not sure where Martin would fit in in respect of need tbh. What I do know, is that he's make a good number of plays on STs, and at this stage of proceedings, is probably worth hanging on to for that. While he might not be much use as a WR, he has shown up well on STs.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Who is available to help the OL?

Little or nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X