PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign Aiken and Hagan

BLeonard
11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Bills sign WRs Kamar aiken and Derek Hagan to the 53 man roster... WR Donald Jones and CB Terrence McGee placed on IR. Via V-Text

-Bill

ServoBillieves
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Hagan? Seriously? I like promoting Aiken, but wtf... This team is 100% screwed because of injuries.

Ed
11-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Who's Hagan?

Jan Reimers
11-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Didn't we have enough mediocre WRs already?

ServoBillieves
11-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Who's Hagan?

Ex Fish, ex Giant, and was signed by the Raiders this season, was a free agent, has pedestrian stats... He's pointless on this team unless he's filling in for Terrence.

YardRat
11-22-2011, 02:28 PM
If it means Ruvell 'I'm wasting a spot on the roster' Martin doesn't see the field at wide-out, I'm all for it.

better days
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
If it means Ruvell 'I'm wasting a spot on the roster' Martin doesn't see the field at wide-out, I'm all for it.

I would like to see Martin on the field at WR. Let him sink or swim. He has only gone underwater twice, he has a third time in him, then the Bills can cut bait on him.

MikeInRoch
11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Didn't we have enough mediocre WRs already?

Yes, but suggest an alternative...

BLeonard
11-22-2011, 03:16 PM

A backup offensive lineman?

Hell, at this stage, I'd say that promoting Jasper would be a better move... at least he's been on the practice squad and is familiar with the team...

-Bill

Ickybaluky
11-22-2011, 03:58 PM

TO!!!

or

Moss!!!

C'mon, you know it is a matter of time, so it might as well have been me.

MikeInRoch
11-22-2011, 04:00 PM
A backup offensive lineman?

Hell, at this stage, I'd say that promoting Jasper would be a better move... at least he's been on the practice squad and is familiar with the team...

-Bill

I don't think the position of need is in doubt. We NEED a WR or too, based on our injuries. My question was - assuming we need a receiver, make a suggestion for one we can get who isn't second rate at this point.

T-Long
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Stevie is banged up, Jones is on IR, Nelson got banged up, Easley and Parrish are on IR, Freddy is banged up so Spiller needs to focus on just RB right now...all the more reasons to bring in 2 receivers. Aiken knows the system and Hagan may never make the game day roster...but he can start learning just in case we need him. I liked him coming out of college, but his pro career has been a flop so far.

BLeonard
11-22-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't think the position of need is in doubt. We NEED a WR or too, based on our injuries. My question was - assuming we need a receiver, make a suggestion for one we can get who isn't second rate at this point.

Fair enough. I won't argue that WR is a position of need... But, OLine is a need as well (granted, it's been a need since the late 90's but who's counting?).

I find it kind of odd that Hagan's best game this season was against the Bills (week 2, he was on the Raiders). Had 5 catches for 61 yards.

I would agree that you're probably right... We're not going to find a bona-fide star at WR at this stage of the game... But, I would also ask, why not simply use Ruvell Martin more? He's already on the roster...

If Martin isn't better than Hagan, that's fine too... But, then, get rid of Martin and get someone that is going to be more of a contributor at this stage.

I'm not against them signing two WR's, per se... Just saying, if it were me, I would have promoted two of "my guys" off of the practice squad.

-Bill

Buddo
11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Fair enough. I won't argue that WR is a position of need... But, OLine is a need as well (granted, it's been a need since the late 90's but who's counting?).

I find it kind of odd that Hagan's best game this season was against the Bills (week 2, he was on the Raiders). Had 5 catches for 61 yards.

I would agree that you're probably right... We're not going to find a bona-fide star at WR at this stage of the game... But, I would also ask, why not simply use Ruvell Martin more? He's already on the roster...

If Martin isn't better than Hagan, that's fine too... But, then, get rid of Martin and get someone that is going to be more of a contributor at this stage.

I'm not against them signing two WR's, per se... Just saying, if it were me, I would have promoted two of "my guys" off of the practice squad.

-Bill

O-Line is less of a need atm - unless there was a half decent center available.
Bell is close to being fit, Hairston is. We already have a back up guard in Brown.
Urbik can probably play center well enough, with Levitre and Rinehart at guard.

TBH, I'm interested to see what Aiken can do, as he's a 'like for like' replacement for Jones imho. Hagan has at least played this season, and is probably going to be a slot guy.

I'm not sure where Martin would fit in in respect of need tbh. What I do know, is that he's make a good number of plays on STs, and at this stage of proceedings, is probably worth hanging on to for that. While he might not be much use as a WR, he has shown up well on STs.

clumping platelets
11-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Who is available to help the OL?

Little or nothing

The Jokeman
11-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Martin's been a solid special teamer. I can't say I'd get rid of him.

Crisis
11-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Hagan? if you thought Donald Jones had bad hands...

better days
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM

I have said the same myself, but if he can't catch the ball the Bills should convert him to be a DB or get someone that can play special teams that has the potential to develop at a position.

Oaf
11-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Why would we take Hagan over a TO/Moss? Seriously? They're mercenaries, that's what we need. ST'ers high motor guys get in line!

Jan Reimers
11-23-2011, 05:13 AM
We already have Johnson, Nelson, Roosevelt and Martin, plus Brad Smith who can play there, plus Spiller (who may get more time at RB, though, with Freddy banged up). Now, we add Aiken AND Hagan? That will give us 6 WRs on the active roster, plus Smith and Spiller.

Seems like overkill, when we're very thin on the O-line and CB, where McGee is gone and McKelvin is hardly playing.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Why would we take Hagan over a TO/Moss? Seriously? They're mercenaries, that's what we need. ST'ers high motor guys get in line!
One word, starts with M, and rhymes with "funny."

MikeInRoch
11-23-2011, 09:17 AM
(yawn). It's just a matter of time on any of these threads for someone to call Ralph cheap. There's plenty of reason to not want TO/Moss today that don't have anything to do with money.

Ed
11-23-2011, 09:47 AM
We already have Johnson, Nelson, Roosevelt and Martin, plus Brad Smith who can play there, plus Spiller (who may get more time at RB, though, with Freddy banged up). Now, we add Aiken AND Hagan? That will give us 6 WRs on the active roster, plus Smith and Spiller.

Seems like overkill, when we're very thin on the O-line and CB, where McGee is gone and McKelvin is hardly playing.
Well they added an O-lineman and a CB to the practice squad.

Night Train
11-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Hagan? if you thought Donald Jones had bad hands...

As a Raider, he caught 6 passes against the Bills this Sept.

He must have some talent.

The Jokeman
11-23-2011, 01:50 PM

and on Dec 9, 2007 he caught 8 balls for 93 yards against us with Miami. The guy is a neverwas and likely won't be. Sad really because coming out of ASU I thought he was going to be better than he's become.

Buddo
11-23-2011, 03:06 PM

Non-Participants in todays practise.
Stevie Johnson
David Nelson
Naaman Roosevelt

-Also Fred Jackson and George Wilson.

3 of our remaining WRs aren't practising, so adding another 2 doesn't seem exactly over the top. No doubt they were aware of the possibility when they made the decision.

YardRat
11-23-2011, 03:22 PM

I think I actually saw him make a tackle against Dallas....or maybe it was NY.

YardRat
11-23-2011, 03:25 PM

Stevie Wonder would complete 90% of his passes to Stephen Hawking against our secondary.

YardRat
11-23-2011, 03:26 PM
If you think our WR's are thin right now, wait until Stevie takes the money and runs this off-season.