PDA

View Full Version : Bills claim...

SquishDaFish
11-23-2011, 03:24 PM
AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Adam Schefter

And one more waiver claim: Bills claimed former Redskins running back Tashard Choice on waivers today.

YardRat
11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Doh boy...that's not good news if we're expecting Freddie back anytime soon.

Skooby
11-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Fred's done, no other reason.

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
It's already been reported that Jackson is done for the year.

DBrown77
11-23-2011, 03:35 PM
where? I havent seen a confirmation.

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2011, 03:36 PM
wgr

YardRat
11-23-2011, 03:38 PM

Missed it in the other thread...

BLeonard
11-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Well, either Jackson is going to IR, or someone has to be released...

-Bill

ServoBillieves
And there goes the season... oi...

ServoBillieves
Also, this Johnny White pickup looks really good from the draft doesn't it?

Forward_Lateral
11-23-2011, 03:41 PM
What role is Choice really going to have? I doubt he sees the field much.

YardRat
11-23-2011, 03:43 PM

Apparently he's going to see it more than Freddie :ill:

BLeonard
11-23-2011, 03:46 PM

Well, by claiming him off waivers, the Bills will be paying the rest of his $555,000 owed to him this season... Why spend the extra cash instead of signing a guy like Joique Bell off the Saints practice squad, unless you planned on using him?

Choice is also a free agent after this season... So, if he plays and produces...?

-Bill

YardRat
11-23-2011, 03:51 PM
If Ralph was so cheap, he wouldn't have signed anybody and let CJ and White carry the load for the rest of the season.

Dumbasses.

Philagape
11-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Missed it in the other thread...

Despite President Clinton's best efforts, schools these days apparently no longer teach the word "is."

Jan Reimers
11-23-2011, 03:57 PM
I guess we'll have to see if this was a good Choice or a bad Choice, given that we had the Choice of signing Bell from the Saints. I think it was a rather odd Choice.

ServoBillieves
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I guess we'll have to see if this was a good Choice or a bad Choice, given that we had the Choice of signing Bell from the Saints. I think it was a rather odd Choice.

I see whatcha did there.

BLeonard
11-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Just to compare...

Joique Bell is making $405k this year and is contracted for $490k next year. He also has played on a Gailey coached team before.

Tashard Choice is making $555k this year and is a free agent next year.

If Choice is only being brought in to be the #3 running back, I don't understand why they picked him up instead of Bell. Bell is cheaper, younger and has another year on his contract.

-Bill

bigbub2352
11-23-2011, 04:49 PM
not a bad move this late in the season...time for spiller to shake the bust status thats why he was drafted 9th overall to be a number 1

lightningbolt444
11-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Just to compare...

Joique Bell is making $405k this year and is contracted for $490k next year. He also has played on a Gailey coached team before.

If Choice is only being brought in to be the #3 running back, I don't understand why they picked him up instead of Bell. Bell is cheaper, younger and has another year on his contract.

-Bill

So if choice is bad they dont resign him? Bell is contracted. I am still intrigued by Choice for whatever reason. Bell not so much.

Mahdi
11-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Just to compare...

-Bill
Maybe they wanted an RB that is better as a receiver. Choice is similar to Spiller and Jackson in that department and White is the pounder.

BLeonard
11-23-2011, 05:32 PM
So if choice is bad they dont resign him? Bell is contracted. I am still intrigued by Choice for whatever reason. Bell not so much.
They could always cut Bell if he didn't perform... Problem is, what do you do if Choice does perform well? Granted, not a bad thing, per se, to have a player perform well, but do you sign him for beyond 2011? Do you keep Choice, Jackson and Spiller? Seems a little crowded to me.

Maybe they wanted an RB that is better as a receiver. Choice is similar to Spiller and Jackson in that department and White is the pounder.
I can buy that. Still, just seems like an odd move to make, unless they plan on having him after the 2011 season.

I'm not against the move, per se... I'm just surprised that they grabbed Choice as oppose to Bell, who has been in the system, is younger and cheaper and is already signed if he performs well.

It's a completely different story if they are looking at Choice as a possibility after this season. If they are thinking longer term than just this season's 6 games, then I would have went with Choice as well.

-Bill

BLeonard
11-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Just checked something...

Choice was at Georgia Tech from 2005-2007, when Gailey was head coach.

So, that makes more sense to me now.

-Bill

Ickybaluky
11-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Just checked something...

Choice was at Georgia Tech from 2005-2007, when Gailey was head coach.

So, that makes more sense to me now.

-Bill

He also has had decent production in his career, especially on passing downs. He can pick up the blitz, so that provides insurance if Spiller struggles with that aspect of the game.

Choice has poor numbers this year, but a big part of that is he has been battling injury. He has had a lingering hamstring injury that has limited his practice time recently.

YardRat
11-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Just to compare...

-Bill

Because Ralph is cheap.

Oh...wait a second...

BLeonard
11-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Because Ralph is cheap.

Oh...wait a second...

:laughing:

In all seriousness, there isn't much difference in the contracts, but since the Bills have been known to save as much as possible on team payroll, seeing them pay more for a shorter deal for an older player, who I figured would not see the field too much, was a bit of a head scratcher.

After discovering that Choice played for Gailey in college, it makes a bit more sense and leads me to believe that he'll probably see the field more than I initially thought.

Problem is, as I said earlier, what do you do if he does well? I don't think they'd keep Jackson and Spiller, while re-signing Choice.

If you re-sign Choice, do you look to move Jackson? Or, do you look to move the younger, yet to be established Spiller, who you just drafted 2 seasons ago?

Granted, that's a much better problem to have than not having any quality players at the position, it'll just be interesting to see how it shakes out.

-Bill

better days
11-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Despite President Clinton's best efforts, schools these days apparently no longer teach the word "is."

Well, it's not easy to teach a word with so many meanings.