PDA

View Full Version : No way Freddie is IR;ed if we're 7-3 with healthy o-line

Thurmal
11-23-2011, 09:07 PM
They just don't want him to take an unnecessary pounding for a team with no chance to make the playoffs. Good move, it also let's us see what we have in Spiller, though I won't be shocked if Choice ends up getting the brunt of the carries sooner or later.

ServoBillieves
11-23-2011, 09:31 PM
It's called "giving up."

You lose Bell, Hairston, Wood, Parrish, Easley, Merriman, Williams, A. Williams, Kelsay, McGee, et cetera... you name the important position and we've lost a player there. Jackson is the nail in the coffin.

PromoTheRobot
11-23-2011, 10:20 PM
If he really cracked a bone in his leg he likely could not play this season anyway.

PTR

EricStratton
11-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Maybe he's actually hurt.

madness
11-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Maybe he's actually hurt.
Stop lying...

EricStratton
11-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Freddie's playing fo a contract. He would be screaming bloody murder if he thought he could get bak on the field.

Night Train
11-24-2011, 05:50 AM
They just don't want him to take an unnecessary pounding for a team with no chance to make the playoffs.

9/11 was planned by the Gov't !

Johnny Bugmenot
11-24-2011, 07:17 AM
If he really cracked a bone in his leg he likely could not play this season anyway.

PTR
That's the key word-- IF. We have no way to know whether or not the Bills are telling the truth. For all we know they could be making excuses to drive down attendance and say to potential buyers and the NFL "See! WNY can't support a team! They need to move." Ralph's shared that sentiment publicly before, and with the lease up next year, I'm sure this is when he's going to start fielding offers.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2011, 08:27 AM
If he broke his leg, there's no way he'd be able to come back in 6 weeks.

streetkings01
11-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Why does everything always have to be a conspiracy theory?

don137
11-24-2011, 08:55 AM
I think he is hurt. If CJ plays well that could open the door for more question marks about Freddie such as do you want to pay a premium for a RB over 30 that did not finish the season?

Goobylal
11-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah, IF the Bills were 7-3 and had a backup capable of approaching what he gave the Bills, they might not have IR'd him, hoping to have him ready for the playoffs. But the season is done considering all the good players they've lost. They should IR Bell while they're at it and drive him market price into the ground.

Skooby
11-24-2011, 10:23 AM

PTR

This is the case, why would he wreck his first probowl season?

Cleve
11-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Isn't the most likely explanation - Freddie has a fractured leg?

It's a huge loss for the Bills. Could very well end any chance for the Bills to squeak into the playoffs

BLeonard
11-24-2011, 10:56 PM

PTR

Not saying that they are lying, but I would think that an X-ray would have shown a cracked or broken bone... On Sunday, they said "X-rays were negative."

Either that, or our medical staff doesn't know how to read X-rays, which would be a big problem...

-Bill

BLeonard
11-24-2011, 11:02 PM
This is the case, why would he wreck his first probowl season?

Again, not saying they are lying, but being voted to the Pro Bowl is just as good as playing in it, as far as contract negotiations are concerned...

I recall someone yesterday saying he was still asking fans to vote him into the Pro Bowl, as he wanted to "play one more game this year."

I dunno how possible that it would be that he could play in the Pro Bowl, even if he was voted in, if he has a broken leg. Why lobby for votes, unless:

A: He wants to use the term "Pro Bowl Running Back" in his negotiations.
B: He actually would be able to play.

-Bill

imbondz
11-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Why does everything always have to be a conspiracy theory?

ha. exactly what I was going to say. irr-i-tating.

Extremebillsfan247
11-25-2011, 04:23 AM
They just don't want him to take an unnecessary pounding for a team with no chance to make the playoffs. Good move, it also let's us see what we have in Spiller, though I won't be shocked if Choice ends up getting the brunt of the carries sooner or later.Jackson was put on IR because his recovery window reaches beyond that of the duration of this season. It has nothing to do with the Bills record.