• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Lions = Bills

Both franchises do the same thing, start out hot, melt down mid season, choke jobs left and right, and of course always end up left behind.

Stafford has been Captain Checkdown all game today too.

• warsawbassman
    • Oct 2006

Re: Lions = Bills

At least the lions have a few NFL caliber players.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Lions > Bills

Comment

• BillyT92679
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
        Lions > Bills
        I don't really think so. I think they are about the same. I'm calling it too. Bears and either Falcons or Giants get the wild cards and Lions miss entirely.
        Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

The Lions are wayyyy more talented than the Bills in every phase and are a playoff team as of now. They had some bad breaks against the Pack with dumb penalties and miscues but I think they rebound.

Just to compare,

They have 5 pass rushers on their DL rotation. KVB, Suh, Avril, Corey Williams, Fairley.

They also have a solid LB unit.

On offense, Calvin Johnson, they have 2 TEs better than ours in Sheffler and Pettigrew, and 2 very good secondary WRs in Burleson and Titus Young. Now they have a pretty good RB in Smith.

Basically they have everything we have plus a lot more...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

The Lions are not a playoff team. They will win 9 games, at the most. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 8-8. Their Defense, besides their D-line, is not very good. Stafford is not a big game QB. He's inaccurate at times, and it showed today. Calvin Johnson is their only real threat on Offense. I don't understand how people say they have all of these "weapons". They don't. They have Calvin Johnson and a bunch of avg players.
            I've been saying it all season long, the Lions are NOT ready to be a playoff team. They are headed in the right direction, but they aren't as good as their 7-4 record says. They could easily be 4-7.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
              The Lions are wayyyy more talented than the Bills in every phase and are a playoff team as of now. They had some bad breaks against the Pack with dumb penalties and miscues but I think they rebound.

Just to compare,

They have 5 pass rushers on their DL rotation. KVB, Suh, Avril, Corey Williams, Fairley.

They also have a solid LB unit.

On offense, Calvin Johnson, they have 2 TEs better than ours in Sheffler and Pettigrew, and 2 very good secondary WRs in Burleson and Titus Young. Now they have a pretty good RB in Smith.

Basically they have everything we have plus a lot more...

Their LB unit is avg, at best. I'd actually take Barnett and the Bills LBs over Detroits.

Their secondary is probably not as bad as Buffalo's, but it's bad.

Good secondary WRs? Seriously? Again, I'd take Buffalo's 2nd, 3rd, 4th Wrs over Detroit's.

A pretty good RB in Smith? He was back for ONE game against possibly the worst run Defense in the entire NFL. Gimme a break! Are you serious?

They have everything Buffalo has defensively. Offensively, Buffalo, WHEN HEALTHY, has a better O-line and running backs. I'd even say Buffalo's WR core is better. QB edge goes to Detroit. TE's go to Detroit too.

Gimme a break.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

The Bills and Lions aren't even close talent wise right now. Even if the Lions end up missing the playoffs they are a young talented team on the rise that will be there next year or soon after.

The Lions were a team just a few years ago that couldn't even WIN A GAME. After getting rid of Millen they have had some good drafts and have a good core of young talent to build around.

The Bills just keep staying the same. They might have 1-2 wins more or less every season but we continue to be a 4-7 win team every year. We never make the next step.

Over the past 5 years or more we continue to draft in the Top 5-Top 10 while most of them other team drafting around us end up getting better while we stay the same. That's because we continue to hire cheap crappy GM's who in turn hire a crappy coach which then in turn end up drafting horrible players.

Until we fix our front office and coaches then we will continue to suck. We fix that and they will draft the right players and be able to coach them up and put them in a system or position to succeed.

There is a reason why only the Lions and Texans have been the only other teams besides us not to make the playoffs over the past decade or more. It's for them reasons stated above.

Both of them guys might break that chain this year and we will be the only one left. Whether the Texans hold on or not will determine on how Leinart plays and/or how the Titans play and if they can catch them. The Lions are still in a good position to make them this year.

Either way both of them teams are a lot closer then we are to making the playoffs. A few lucky games early in the season made some believe we were better and closer then we really are. Just like in 2008 when we started off 4-0.

In reality this is still a crappy team without any young stars in key positions going forward to build around. Some average young players but not any great ones. And don't say Dareus either because whether he becomes a star or just another starter in the NFL remains to be seen. He isn't tearing it up this year. He is currently our best hope and we still need much more then that.
                Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-24-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

I'd like to hear why Detroit has all of this talent. Outside of Calvin Johnson, NOBODY on that team has proven they are high caliber NFL players.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

They do have more #1 overall picks. So maybe from a purely talent standpoint they do have more. But they have the same MO we do. Choke job artists.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                      Their LB unit is avg, at best. I'd actually take Barnett and the Bills LBs over Detroits.

Their secondary is probably not as bad as Buffalo's, but it's bad.

Good secondary WRs? Seriously? Again, I'd take Buffalo's 2nd, 3rd, 4th Wrs over Detroit's.

A pretty good RB in Smith? He was back for ONE game against possibly the worst run Defense in the entire NFL. Gimme a break! Are you serious?

They have everything Buffalo has defensively. Offensively, Buffalo, WHEN HEALTHY, has a better O-line and running backs. I'd even say Buffalo's WR core is better. QB edge goes to Detroit. TE's go to Detroit too.

Gimme a break.
                      We don't have a single pass rusher... they have 5... what are you talking about.

You also discount the Lions LBs cause you don't know them. DeAndre Levy is having a good year as is Stephen Tulloch. Durant is also a very good LB they took from Jacksonville.

As for their WRs... Burleson already has 46 cathes on the year and 2 TDs

Titus Young has 29 receptions, Sheffler has 16 and Pettigrew has 54.

Put another way, CJ>SJ, Burleson>Nelson, Titus Young>Jones, Pettigrew>Chambers....

The Lions OL is playing at a very high level this year, its not the same old Lions. Backus, Sims, Raiola, Peterman and Cherilous are very solid and one of the reasons the Lions can pass the ball so well and often.

Their secondary is the only real weakness they have where we can claim were better.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        I'd like to hear why Detroit has all of this talent. Outside of Calvin Johnson, NOBODY on that team has proven they are high caliber NFL players.
                        Then you need to watch someone other than the Bills...

NFL caliber players:

Suh, Corey Williams, KVB, Cliff Avril, Pettigrew, Burleson, entire OL, Tulloch, Louis Delmas, Jahvid Best, Kevin Smith, Stafford, Sheffler...

And those are just the players that are playing at a high level... Kevin Smith BTW was having a good quarter against the Packers before getting injured. He is a talented RB, former 1st rounder.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

God, I hate Green Bay.

Community ownership... from Favre to Rodgers... they're everything i wish the bills were
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Suh is all-world talent but an all-world clown.

And whats up with Jim Schwartz? second time he's had a star DT stomp someone on the ground.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                              God, I hate Green Bay.

Community ownership... from Favre to Rodgers... they're everything i wish the bills were
                              Yeah me too. And I ***** live here. Imagine all the smug asses I have to deal with everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X