PDA

View Full Version : Lions = Bills

Mr. Miyagi
11-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Both franchises do the same thing, start out hot, melt down mid season, choke jobs left and right, and of course always end up left behind.

Stafford has been Captain Checkdown all game today too.

:down::down:

warsawbassman
11-24-2011, 02:59 PM
At least the lions have a few NFL caliber players.

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Lions > Bills

BillyT92679
11-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Lions > BillsI don't really think so. I think they are about the same. I'm calling it too. Bears and either Falcons or Giants get the wild cards and Lions miss entirely.

Mahdi
11-24-2011, 03:28 PM
The Lions are wayyyy more talented than the Bills in every phase and are a playoff team as of now. They had some bad breaks against the Pack with dumb penalties and miscues but I think they rebound.

Just to compare,

They have 5 pass rushers on their DL rotation. KVB, Suh, Avril, Corey Williams, Fairley.

They also have a solid LB unit.

On offense, Calvin Johnson, they have 2 TEs better than ours in Sheffler and Pettigrew, and 2 very good secondary WRs in Burleson and Titus Young. Now they have a pretty good RB in Smith.

Basically they have everything we have plus a lot more...

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2011, 03:41 PM
The Lions are not a playoff team. They will win 9 games, at the most. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 8-8. Their Defense, besides their D-line, is not very good. Stafford is not a big game QB. He's inaccurate at times, and it showed today. Calvin Johnson is their only real threat on Offense. I don't understand how people say they have all of these "weapons". They don't. They have Calvin Johnson and a bunch of avg players.
I've been saying it all season long, the Lions are NOT ready to be a playoff team. They are headed in the right direction, but they aren't as good as their 7-4 record says. They could easily be 4-7.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2011, 03:48 PM
The Lions are wayyyy more talented than the Bills in every phase and are a playoff team as of now. They had some bad breaks against the Pack with dumb penalties and miscues but I think they rebound.

Just to compare,

They have 5 pass rushers on their DL rotation. KVB, Suh, Avril, Corey Williams, Fairley.

They also have a solid LB unit.

On offense, Calvin Johnson, they have 2 TEs better than ours in Sheffler and Pettigrew, and 2 very good secondary WRs in Burleson and Titus Young. Now they have a pretty good RB in Smith.

Basically they have everything we have plus a lot more...

Their LB unit is avg, at best. I'd actually take Barnett and the Bills LBs over Detroits.

Their secondary is probably not as bad as Buffalo's, but it's bad.

Good secondary WRs? Seriously? Again, I'd take Buffalo's 2nd, 3rd, 4th Wrs over Detroit's.

A pretty good RB in Smith? He was back for ONE game against possibly the worst run Defense in the entire NFL. Gimme a break! Are you serious?

They have everything Buffalo has defensively. Offensively, Buffalo, WHEN HEALTHY, has a better O-line and running backs. I'd even say Buffalo's WR core is better. QB edge goes to Detroit. TE's go to Detroit too.

Gimme a break.

BillsFever21
11-24-2011, 03:49 PM
The Bills and Lions aren't even close talent wise right now. Even if the Lions end up missing the playoffs they are a young talented team on the rise that will be there next year or soon after.

The Lions were a team just a few years ago that couldn't even WIN A GAME. After getting rid of Millen they have had some good drafts and have a good core of young talent to build around.

The Bills just keep staying the same. They might have 1-2 wins more or less every season but we continue to be a 4-7 win team every year. We never make the next step.

Over the past 5 years or more we continue to draft in the Top 5-Top 10 while most of them other team drafting around us end up getting better while we stay the same. That's because we continue to hire cheap crappy GM's who in turn hire a crappy coach which then in turn end up drafting horrible players.

Until we fix our front office and coaches then we will continue to suck. We fix that and they will draft the right players and be able to coach them up and put them in a system or position to succeed.

There is a reason why only the Lions and Texans have been the only other teams besides us not to make the playoffs over the past decade or more. It's for them reasons stated above.

Both of them guys might break that chain this year and we will be the only one left. Whether the Texans hold on or not will determine on how Leinart plays and/or how the Titans play and if they can catch them. The Lions are still in a good position to make them this year.

Either way both of them teams are a lot closer then we are to making the playoffs. A few lucky games early in the season made some believe we were better and closer then we really are. Just like in 2008 when we started off 4-0.

In reality this is still a crappy team without any young stars in key positions going forward to build around. Some average young players but not any great ones. And don't say Dareus either because whether he becomes a star or just another starter in the NFL remains to be seen. He isn't tearing it up this year. He is currently our best hope and we still need much more then that.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
I'd like to hear why Detroit has all of this talent. Outside of Calvin Johnson, NOBODY on that team has proven they are high caliber NFL players.

Mr. Miyagi
11-24-2011, 04:15 PM
They do have more #1 overall picks. So maybe from a purely talent standpoint they do have more. But they have the same MO we do. Choke job artists.

Mahdi
11-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Their LB unit is avg, at best. I'd actually take Barnett and the Bills LBs over Detroits.

Their secondary is probably not as bad as Buffalo's, but it's bad.

Good secondary WRs? Seriously? Again, I'd take Buffalo's 2nd, 3rd, 4th Wrs over Detroit's.

A pretty good RB in Smith? He was back for ONE game against possibly the worst run Defense in the entire NFL. Gimme a break! Are you serious?

They have everything Buffalo has defensively. Offensively, Buffalo, WHEN HEALTHY, has a better O-line and running backs. I'd even say Buffalo's WR core is better. QB edge goes to Detroit. TE's go to Detroit too.

Gimme a break.
We don't have a single pass rusher... they have 5... what are you talking about.

You also discount the Lions LBs cause you don't know them. DeAndre Levy is having a good year as is Stephen Tulloch. Durant is also a very good LB they took from Jacksonville.

As for their WRs... Burleson already has 46 cathes on the year and 2 TDs

Titus Young has 29 receptions, Sheffler has 16 and Pettigrew has 54.

Put another way, CJ>SJ, Burleson>Nelson, Titus Young>Jones, Pettigrew>Chambers....

The Lions OL is playing at a very high level this year, its not the same old Lions. Backus, Sims, Raiola, Peterman and Cherilous are very solid and one of the reasons the Lions can pass the ball so well and often.

Their secondary is the only real weakness they have where we can claim were better.

Mahdi
11-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I'd like to hear why Detroit has all of this talent. Outside of Calvin Johnson, NOBODY on that team has proven they are high caliber NFL players.
Then you need to watch someone other than the Bills...

NFL caliber players:

Suh, Corey Williams, KVB, Cliff Avril, Pettigrew, Burleson, entire OL, Tulloch, Louis Delmas, Jahvid Best, Kevin Smith, Stafford, Sheffler...

And those are just the players that are playing at a high level... Kevin Smith BTW was having a good quarter against the Packers before getting injured. He is a talented RB, former 1st rounder.

Crisis
11-24-2011, 05:12 PM
God, I hate Green Bay.

Community ownership... from Favre to Rodgers... they're everything i wish the bills were

Crisis
11-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Suh is all-world talent but an all-world clown.

And whats up with Jim Schwartz? second time he's had a star DT stomp someone on the ground.

Mr. Miyagi
11-24-2011, 05:47 PM
God, I hate Green Bay.

Community ownership... from Favre to Rodgers... they're everything i wish the bills were
Yeah me too. And I ****** live here. Imagine all the smug asses I have to deal with everyday.

Skooby
11-24-2011, 08:41 PM
At least the lions have a few NFL caliber players.

Suh is going to be fined if not suspended for his actions, hes behaving badly.

jcdavey
11-24-2011, 11:45 PM
God, I hate Green Bay.

and it goes back to pre favre

GB is what every franchise should be, even in their crap years

perfect organization IMO

imbondz
11-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Even tho the Lion's are a great story this year, i'm still rooting against them. I pretty much hate every team that's successful, just cause i'm envious.

Extremebillsfan247
11-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Detroit has a better defense.

Night Train
11-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Agreed but I do see both teams going in the right direction for the immediate future.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2011, 06:03 AM
The Lions are not a playoff team. They will win 9 games, at the most. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 8-8. Their Defense, besides their D-line, is not very good. Stafford is not a big game QB. He's inaccurate at times, and it showed today. Calvin Johnson is their only real threat on Offense. I don't understand how people say they have all of these "weapons". They don't. They have Calvin Johnson and a bunch of avg players.
I've been saying it all season long, the Lions are NOT ready to be a playoff team. They are headed in the right direction, but they aren't as good as their 7-4 record says. They could easily be 4-7.
They might not be a playoff team but they are a hell of alot closer to becoming one than the Bills are.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Then you need to watch someone other than the Bills...

NFL caliber players:

Suh, Corey Williams, KVB, Cliff Avril, Pettigrew, Burleson, entire OL, Tulloch, Louis Delmas, Jahvid Best, Kevin Smith, Stafford, Sheffler...

And those are just the players that are playing at a high level... Kevin Smith BTW was having a good quarter against the Packers before getting injured. He is a talented RB, former 1st rounder.

Learn to read. I said HIGH caliber. None of the guys you mentioned are all pro's, except for Stomping Suh.

Maybe YOU should try watching some Lions games. I watch them every week as I'm in their televised area.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2011, 06:11 AM
We don't have a single pass rusher... they have 5... what are you talking about.

You also discount the Lions LBs cause you don't know them. DeAndre Levy is having a good year as is Stephen Tulloch. Durant is also a very good LB they took from Jacksonville.

As for their WRs... Burleson already has 46 cathes on the year and 2 TDs

Titus Young has 29 receptions, Sheffler has 16 and Pettigrew has 54.

Put another way, CJ>SJ, Burleson>Nelson, Titus Young>Jones, Pettigrew>Chambers....

The Lions OL is playing at a very high level this year, its not the same old Lions. Backus, Sims, Raiola, Peterman and Cherilous are very solid and one of the reasons the Lions can pass the ball so well and often.

Their secondary is the only real weakness they have where we can claim were better.

Here's a way to put it:

The Bills RBs > The Lions RBs
The Bills O-line > The Lions O-line
The Bills WRs push The Lions Wrs
The Bills TEs < The Lions TEs (For now)

The Lions D-line > The Bills D-line
The Lions LBs push The Bills Lbs
The Lions Secondary > The Bills Secondary (both suck, so you can say push if you want)

If you argue with that, I don't know what to tell you. They are both pretty even in talent.

And please don't tell me about the Lions O-line being better. When healthy, the Bills O-line was the best in the NFL this season.

Jan Reimers
11-25-2011, 07:31 AM

Unless Calvin Johnson has been abducted by aliens, I don't think this is true. And after C. Johnson, I think their 2-4 WRs are as good as our 1-3.

YardRat
11-25-2011, 08:30 AM
And please don't tell me about the Lions O-line being better. When healthy, the Bills O-line was the best in the NFL this season.

That was a mirage. Our offense was successful early on A) because just about everybody's offense was good the first month of the season before defenses started catching up, and B) in spite of the lack of talent on the o-line.

better days
11-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Here's a way to put it:

The Lions Secondary > The Bills Secondary (both suck, so you can say push if you want)

If you argue with that, I don't know what to tell you. They are both pretty even in talent.

You have to be kidding that the Bills WR's are a push with the Lions. You are CRAZY. The Lions have one of the best WR's in the entire NFL.

The Bills OL has only looked as good as it did because Fitz has mobility & a quick release. And Fred Jackson hits the hole as fast as any RB in the NFL. They were NEVER the best OL in the NFL, not even close. I would take the Bucs, Steelers, Raiders & probably other teams OL over a healthy Bills OL & the Packers OL is the best in the NFL by far.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Sorry, I meant the 2-4 Wrs. Obviously Calvin is better than anyone on the Bills roster. Probably the best WR in the NFL right now.

They were the number one rated O-line in the league, btw. I don't care what you THINK. It's a FACT. They allowed the least amount of sacks, and the Bills ran for a ton of yards. It's amazing how quickly some fans forget things like this after 3 straight losses, and injuries that ravage the O-line.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Unless Calvin Johnson has been abducted by aliens, I don't think this is true. And after C. Johnson, I think their 2-4 WRs are as good as our 1-3.

Disagree besides the Calvin point. Their 2-4 Wrs are no better than the Bills 2-4. Stevie Johnson is a better WR than Burleson, Young or anyone else on that roster.

Nelson and Burleson have identical numbers, with Nelson having 2 more TDs. Titus Young and Donald Jones are a push. Jones would have probably identical, if not better numbers than Young if he hadn't missed 3 games.

The number 4 Wrs aren't even worth arguing because Detroit doesn't even have one with over 100 yards. The Bills have Roosevelt with 203. Not really much to write home about for either team.

I hope this clarifies what I was trying to say.

better days
11-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Sorry, I meant the 2-4 Wrs. Obviously Calvin is better than anyone on the Bills roster. Probably the best WR in the NFL right now.

They were the number one rated O-line in the league, btw. I don't care what you THINK. It's a FACT. They allowed the least amount of sacks, and the Bills ran for a ton of yards. It's amazing how quickly some fans forget things like this after 3 straight losses, and injuries that ravage the O-line.

I don't really know all the WR's on the Lions, but I don't see how they can be any worse than the motley crew on the Bills after Stevie. Calvin is FAR BETTER than Stevie on his best day, therefore the Lions are better at WR.

The Bills OL allowed the least amount of sacks & ran for all those yards because of Fitz & Freddie. If you put Trent Edwards behind that OL the Bills would have had the most sacks. If you put Marshawn Lynch behind that OL, they would not have had half the yards because Lynch does not hit the hole like Freddie.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah, and the SF 49ers wouldn't have won all those superbowls without Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. What's your point?

Are you saying the Bills actually have talent?

better days
11-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah, and the SF 49ers wouldn't have won all those superbowls without Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. What's your point?

Are you saying the Bills actually have talent?

My point is the Bills OL is MEDIOCRE at best & Fitz & Freddie make them look better than they really are. Yes the Bills have SOME talent, just not enough. Yet.

YardRat
11-25-2011, 09:15 AM
It's amazing how quickly some fans forget things like this after 3 straight losses, and injuries that ravage the O-line.

I'm pretty sure if you go back over some previous posts from early in the season you'll see that some of us were critical of the offensive line early in the season also, even when we were winning.

Bill Cody
11-25-2011, 09:19 AM

1) Calvin Johnson is a future hall of famer. Yes he's that good. Saying all they have is Calvin Johnson and a bunch of average receivers is like saying they only have one nuclear bomb.

2) The Lions OL is pretty average. But this idea that because we've allowed the fewest sacks we have the best line is garbage. Fitz is good at getting rid of the ball. If there was a report on how long a QB has to throw before protection broke down we'd be average at best. I see no big advantage there for either team when our line is healthy, now it's considerably worse.

3) They say the game is won in the trenches. The Lions IMO have a top 2 or 3 DL. That's a hell of a starting point for a team. The rest of their defense is below average just like ours.

4) Matt Stafford is still developing as a QB. He's inconsistent and sometimes inaccurate. But he has a cannon and he's a competitor. He's not ready for prime time yet so the Lions are not ready for prime time. But he will be in a year or 2 IMO. Fitz? He'll still be Fitz.

5) The Green Bay Packers could be the 1st team to go 19-0 they're that good. So the fact that they're light years better than the Lions is pretty damn depressing. Because the Lions are a lot closer to good than we are. 7-4 is about right for the Lions. My guess is they fail to make the playoffs.

6) Our team lacks star power AND we lack depth. The Lions have some stars and some potential but they lack depth too. I'm not totally disagreeing with you but mostly I guess. Green Bay has the whole package. They could beat us with their backups.

Mahdi
11-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Here's a way to put it:

Not even going to bother with this post because you are so off track and breaking it all down is just a waste of time...

The fact that you say the Lions WRs=Bills WRs is a joke in itself.

DasBills
11-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Makes you wonder if both teams would have gotten off to the same start had the lockout not gone on for so long.

BillsPride12
11-25-2011, 04:00 PM
The Lions have always been a horrible football team but at the very least they can say they play for a city whose Hockey team occasionally wins Stanley Cups. In my opinion, the Cleveland Browns will always be our true "Brother-In-Law" franchise

Mike
11-25-2011, 08:23 PM

Bills could easily be 3-7! The TALENT between both teams is not even close! I remember earlier in the season when some of the Fans here were angry that many considered the Texans to be better than the Bills. They were so mad! Now, even after all of their injuries to their best players, I don't know anyone who would argue that the Bills are better.

Now were comparing ourselves to the Lions??? Have you seen the last 3 games? We have gotton blown out in 3 straight games & this Sunday might make 4! We can be compared to teams like Jacksonville, Minesotta, Arizona, Cleavland, etc... Were playing like a bottom 5 team.... Not like a 7-4 team.

Mr. Pink
11-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Does Matt Stafford realize he has the best WR in the game on his team? He threw to him what 4 times against Green Bay?

He had to have completed around 15 passes to his running backs though!

Mr. Pink
11-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Not even going to bother with this post because you are so off track and breaking it all down is just a waste of time...

The fact that you say the Lions WRs=Bills WRs is a joke in itself.

Agreed. Calvin Johnson alone makes their WRs better than ours.