PDA

View Full Version : Scouting Bills With An Eye Towards 2012 Here On Out

Night Train
11-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Logging in to cry about losing accomplishes nothing. We all know the current state of the depleated roster.

Can Spiller, Troup and multiple other youngsters give us anything going foward to next season ? That's what I'll be watching. I still believe OLB's and CB's are our biggest need for 2012.

It's basically pre-season again but that's the currect situation we can't change. Time to scout for the future. It's all how you watch the game.

YardRat
11-25-2011, 07:05 AM
At least we got 10 games into the season before being forced to re-focus our attention on next season.

#1 in my book is still a new DC, and unfortunately Edwards' complete lack of competence is going to make it difficult to assess the capabilities of most of the young players on the defensive side.

DesertFox24
11-25-2011, 07:12 AM
I am actually excited to see Spiller, Troup, Carrington, Batten, Moats, and the rookie corners and Searcy.

I want to see if these guys can play, and I think it is good for the Bills to see if these guys can do anything or if they missed.

Jan Reimers
11-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Can Spiller, Troup and multiple other youngsters give us anything going foward to next season ? That's what I'll be watching. I still believe OLB's and CB's are our biggest need for 2012.
I would add a speedy WR who can stretch the field to that list.

Night Train
11-25-2011, 07:29 AM
I can't help but think Gailey feels the same way, with certain lineup moves. Look at the kids and see what you have.

Notice Williams is starting at CB now, after recovering from injuries. This signifies the end of McKelvin after this season (McGee also). Thus my prediction that multiple new CB's will be here next season.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-25-2011, 07:40 AM
looking at the all-star group that philly has in their secondary and seeing the results of that, id much rather the bills concentrate on the d front 7 and get some monster pass rush going on

better days
11-25-2011, 08:01 AM
looking at the all-star group that philly has in their secondary and seeing the results of that, id much rather the bills concentrate on the d front 7 and get some monster pass rush going on

I agree, the Bills need help at LB to stop the run & put pressure on the QB before worrying about CBs.

YardRat
11-25-2011, 08:04 AM

Add one player and a new DC and we could have a monster pass rush.

better days
11-25-2011, 08:24 AM

Well, with one player, we would have a pass rush. It takes two players that can get to the QB on a consistent basis to have a monster pass rush. So I would say the Bills need 2 players for that to happen.

dannyek71
11-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Let's see if we can get any production out of Carrington, Troupe, or Spiller for a change. If not, let's cut ties admit our mistake and move on.

better days
11-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Let's see if we can get any production out of Carrington, Troupe, or Spiller for a change. If not, let's cut ties admit our mistake and move on.

Well, every team needs back ups. If nothing else, Carrington & Troupe can back up so I see no need to get rid of them.

We were told Spiller was a playmaker, it is time for him to make some plays NOW or I doubt he ever will.

madness
11-25-2011, 10:26 AM
We saw some flashes from these young kids last week and even though our defense was anything but I noticed we weren't getting flat out beat in the usual fashion. We were getting beat because of in inexperience. Players were making incorrect reads and playing out of position... something that all can be fixed by watching film and getting more time on the field.

Sheppard, Searcy and Williams are some of these guys who looked like they belong on the field. Sheppard has quietly been an upgrade over Davis, Searcy was all over the field last week and Williams had a good day minus some mental mistakes. These guys have a lot to learn yet so their play has promise.

Buddo
11-25-2011, 12:31 PM
TBH, I have little to no confidence in either Moats or Batten, to actually progress sufficiently, for us to not require major upgrades at OLB.
They've hardly made a play between them, and must have been on the field plenty in the not too distant past, as we don't have much in the way of alternatives.

One player I am intrigued by is Aiken, as he seems to have good hands, and has decent timed speed also. I believe he could well be an 'upgrade' from Jones.
TBH, the only receiver I would say we have who has 'sure' hands, is Nelson - and he made a drop the other week.
I do feel that both Troup and Carrington have something to offer, as depth if nothing else.
Spiller needs to step up.
I think our picks through the first 4 rounds this year, are all likely to make significant contributions over the years. Dareus is obviously a 'keeper', Sheppard is starting to show up in games, Hairston at the least will be a RT for the future, and maybe even stick it out as LT. Williams may be starting to 'get it', as aside from one play, I didn't see him getting beaten much against the Cowgirls, so he probably did a decent job, in what was close on an annihilation.
Searcy also is starting to look decent, in for Wilson.

Need wise, CB is going to be one, OLB who gets to the passer another. WR who can consistently get separation, and catch, also required.
My own feeling is that we now need a pass rusher above all else tbh, as the other good players we do have on D, namely Dareus and Williams, would then get more opportunities to create pressure, and the secondary would benefit from QBs not having all day for their man to become open.

paladin warrior
11-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Yup Keep eyes on OLB CB And also O-line 2012 draft

DasBills
11-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Let's see if we can get any production out of Carrington, Troupe, or Spiller for a change. If not, let's cut ties admit our mistake and move on.It's honestly too early to do that with any of them. Some players take time to develop, and if you aren't willing to give players time to develop, you'll be doing this every few years.

ServoBillieves
11-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Carrington has that versatility, Troup has looked good. This year, Dareus, Sheppard, Searcy, and Williams have shown flashes, but as madness stated before, they will have those mental mistakes. It was a short offseason, these new guys look like they have the tools, but they need the time.

Heck, Chris White looked awesome on ST coverage!

Batten and Moats look like decent backups. Moats has been a gimmick in Edwards' defense, and needs to have ONE position, not being bounced around to ILB, OLB, DE, whatever.

On the offensive side I want (and seriously pray for his sake) Easley to be healthy enough to play a regular season game. I hope Hairston continues his good play, and we know what we have in Wood and Levitre. I still feel like we're grabbing at straws with Donald Jones... He's been a liability with his inability to catch the ball consistantly. Nelson looks good...

This team needs a pass rush, this team needs steady handed receivers, and in a year or so, they need some legitimate corners.

This team has so much promise... it's a shame what poor planning and injuries can do to a team.

ServoBillieves
11-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Also, anyone else realize that the major disappointments so far were both RB's drafted?

EDS
11-25-2011, 03:27 PM

As long as that one player is DeMarcus Ware, sure!

Raptor
11-25-2011, 06:06 PM
At least we got 10 games into the season before being forced to re-focus our attention on next season.

#1 in my book is still a new DC, and unfortunately Edwards' complete lack of competence is going to make it difficult to assess the capabilities of most of the young players on the defensive side.

Completely agree, Edwards MUST GO

bigbub2352
11-25-2011, 10:06 PM
add a backup center...and pass rush DE and OLB...TE...

Das_Bills
11-25-2011, 10:10 PM
I would add a speedy WR who can stretch the field to that list.

Patrick Edwards from houston would be my pick. This kid is a stud.

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Matt Barkley is my pick. Hopefully the Bills can lose out.