PDA

View Full Version : Same old Whitner

Bill Cody
11-25-2011, 09:55 AM
whiffing on key tackles, getting beat by TE's for TD's. Seems like old times.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/111125/59/3w8bi.html

Jan Reimers
11-25-2011, 10:01 AM
He sure can Tweet, though.

ServoBillieves
11-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Donte Whitner trying to tackle Lee Evans...

... Meeeeeemoriiiiiiiiieees...

But, his team it 9-2, and Lee's is 8-3... No thanks to them, obviously, but they're on winning teams... So undeserved...

Mahdi
11-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah that picture proves a lot. Except, only problem is that Whitner is the starting safety of the best defense in the league. Soooo your point kinda goes out the window.

OpIv37
11-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah that picture proves a lot. Except, only problem is that Whitner is the starting safety of the best defense in the league. Soooo your point kinda goes out the window.

Good to see that the Whitner Anti-Defamation League is alive and well, defending mediocrity no matter where it may surface.

DasBills
11-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Such bitter people, who cares about Donte Whitner? The guy should be an after thought for all Bills fans by this point; still talking about J.P. Losman and McGahee too?

OpIv37
11-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Such bitter people, who cares about Donte Whitner? The guy should be an after thought for all Bills fans by this point; still talking about J.P. Losman and McGahee too?

Yup.

You know why? The reason we suck NOW is because none of those guys lived up to their billing. If they had come through, or if the FO made better draft choices, this team could be in a much better place.

DasBills
11-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Yup.

You know why? The reason we suck NOW is because none of those guys lived up to their billing. If they had come through, or if the FO made better draft choices, this team could be in a much better place.Yeah, but honestly, Whitner had no business being drafted where he was. One might also argue that the guy was set up for failure from the start. I for one thought he was playing out of position at Safety in the Cover 2. I think he's in a much better position at Safety in SF's scheme than he ever was in Buffalo, and it's showing, the guy is actually doing quite well this season.

Threads like this just blow my mind, as if we don't have enough problems to worry about with the Bills, we're going after former players. While we're at it, should we bring up the subject of Erik Flowers, Tony Hunter, Perry Tuttle, etc?

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Donte Whitner doesn't want to win.

Ickybaluky
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Whitner is having a pretty good year in SF, maybe the best in his career. He has started all year on one of the NFL's best defenses at SS, has 2 Ints, 1 FF and 8 passes defensed. Say what you want, but that is pretty good.

Mahdi
11-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Whitner is having a pretty good year in SF, maybe the best in his career. He has started all year on one of the NFL's best defenses at SS, has 2 Ints, 1 FF and 8 passes defensed. Say what you want, but that is pretty good.
Bills fans just love to bash, critical thinking and actually analyzing things aren't important...

OpIv37
11-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Bills fans just love to bash, critical thinking and actually analyzing things aren't important...

lmao coming from you. Your idea of "critical thinking" is seeing the world through red and blue covered glasses.

SF's D is good in spite of Donte, not because of him.

Novacane
11-25-2011, 02:39 PM
We'd be no better with Whitner. I'm glad his big mouth is out of here.

Mahdi
11-25-2011, 06:27 PM
lmao coming from you. Your idea of "critical thinking" is seeing the world through red and blue covered glasses.

SF's D is good in spite of Donte, not because of him.
Ive never been a homer so not sure what yer talking about. I call it like I see it with the Bills.

Ive been critical when it was warranted and I defend when I think its necessary.

With Whitner, I still maintain he is a solid starter on any team in the NFL and one of the better SS there is.

Mr Bills
11-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Donte Whitner is an solid Safety that can start for probably 15 - 20 teams easily in this league. I remember he initially was going to sign with Cinci to be their starting S before he changed his mind. So basically he was going to be the starter for 2 of the top 5 defensive.

Mike
11-25-2011, 08:36 PM
You know why? The reason we suck NOW is because none of those guys lived up to their billing. If they had come through, or if the FO made better draft choices, this team could be in a much better place.

See that's where your wrong. If they turned out to be good or great, the Bills FO would have shipped them off & trade them for some picks ala Joson Petersn. Ironically, most of the fans would support getting rid of good players and keeping the bad players like they did with Peters, Poz, Evans, etc...

better days
11-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Ive never been a homer so not sure what yer talking about. I call it like I see it with the Bills.

Ive been critical when it was warranted and I defend when I think its necessary.

With Whitner, I still maintain he is a solid starter on any team in the NFL and one of the better SS there is.

Well, count me as one of MANY Bills fans happy he is no longer a Bill. I am HAPPY with Wilson as the Bills SS. Whitner is average at best.

YardRat
11-26-2011, 06:58 AM
I didn't see any patented ass-tackles 8 to 12 yards from the line of scrimmage.

OpIv37
11-26-2011, 09:06 AM

I think your analysis always starts out well, but it tends to take too positive a turn.

Whitner is a classic example.

The guy took terrible angles on long runs, rarely got his hands on the ball (let alone actual INT's), and had a reputation as a "hard hitter" despite only making about 3 hard hits the whole time he was here. And he can't cover a TE to save his life.

And there was always some excuse for him- "the coaches aren't putting him in a position to succeed, he always has to play run support, the pass rush sucks," etc. No one ever wanted to hold him accountable for his performance. Everyone just said "he'd be better with a better team around him."

But the reality is that it's a team game and ANY player looks better with a better team around them. And this is exactly what you're seeing now: Whitner looks decent because he is finally around good players. Some players make those around them better, and some players need those around them to make themselves look better. Whitner is the latter.