PDA

View Full Version : Stevie is NOT clutch

YardRat
11-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Nice game against Revis over all, but this is not the guy you want to throw the ball to when the game is on the line. His m.o. was cast last season against Pittsburgh and reinforced today against the Jets.

Some guys have it, some don't, and unfortunately for us S.J. is in the latter.

imbondz
11-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Holmes he is not

Buddo
11-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Nice game against Revis over all, but this is not the guy you want to throw the ball to when the game is on the line. His m.o. was cast last season against Pittsburgh and reinforced today against the Jets.

Some guys have it, some don't, and unfortunately for us S.J. is in the latter.

I tend to agree with you. Very good WR in his own way, but will never be great, unless he suddenly discovers how to catch everything.

For all that Burress is a big guy, he very rarely drops stuff, and pretty much the same can be said about most of the exceptional WRs around the league.

I have to say I was impressed with how hard a time he gave revis, but if you don't make the final catch to win the game, it's all just showbiz.

cgbm
11-27-2011, 04:04 PM
FACT IS...

we need WR'S

especially big possesion number ones, we do not have one and we need one bad.

BLACKMAN?

tampabay25690
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Wow obvious

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes, we need another big black man.

YardRat
11-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Actually, dropping one pass in the final drive is 'not clutch'.

Dropping two is '****ting your pants'.

cgbm
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
true... true.

i wish he or we could fix it. but we cant. and he may never be able to be clutch.

we need that guy on our team.

wheres our holmes, or plax for that matter. i think we really need to consider a wr in this draft (high rounds)

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 06:33 PM
I was liking aj green at three. imagine that wr group.

cgbm
11-27-2011, 07:24 PM
yea aj has proved to be a great pro wr already with a semi shotty team.

i like dareus though.

there are a million what ifs with this past draft.

let our goal be for draft 2012 to end with no regrets.

not that this year did but i think we need to draft strong this year.

Syderick
11-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Steve seems to be one of the few wr's to beat Revis.

Mike13
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Actually, dropping one pass in the final drive is 'not clutch'.

Dropping two is '****ting your pants'.

To be fair, that throw in the endzone was behind him.

HendersonD06
11-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Holmes he is not

I agree, but then again, it's not right to compare a WR such as Stevie Johnson to a Santonio Holmes, when Holmes is one of the clutchest NFL players in the game today. That's not fair to Stevie Johnson.

Historian
11-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Johnson reminds me of Peerless Price:

Great #2.

Less than great #1.

They even run similar, IMO.

Figster
11-28-2011, 07:48 AM
I agree, but then again, it's not right to compare a WR such as Stevie Johnson to a Santonio Holmes, when Holmes is one of the clutchest NFL players in the game today. That's not fair to Stevie Johnson.

Comparisons are often made by using one of the best as an example. Jets have one of the best WR corps in the league in my opinion. Jets had a QB you might be going somewhere. Give McElroy a shot next season, all Greg McElroy does is protect the football and win football games. McElroy is the perfect Rex Ryan signal caller.

In all fairness to SJ, I think the timing of the football dropping in caught him a bit by surprise.

MattyNH
11-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Yeah with the drop against Pitt last year and then yesterday you can say he is not clutch. However, I would just like to point out that Stevie drops balls fairly often for an NFL wideout and probability would say that this will happen at clutch times once in a while.

He clearly needs to work hard at catching the ball better, this is his main weakness. You can't coach speed so that will never get better, guys can get better at catching passes.