PDA

View Full Version : Wanna be paid Stevie?

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Then don't drop balls that hit you in the hands when the game is on the line. You cost the Bills the game vs The Steelers last year and now you just cost them the game vs the Jets.

Maybe instead of worrying about your next TD celebration, you should be hitting the jugs machine after practice.

mrbojanglezs
11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
don't pay him anymore than 6 million

Novacane
11-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Gods fault

Scumbag College
11-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Any team giving him big $$$$ at this point is insane.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-27-2011, 03:16 PM
What an *******

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Then he looks back at Fitz as if to say it was his fault for hitting him directly in the mits.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Yep. If Stevie really wants to be among the best WRs in the league he needs to learn from their example.

Fitzgerald, Johnson, Wayne.

Those guys just put up huge numbers and keep their mouths shut. They score and hand the ball to the ref.

Mr. Pink
Stevie Johnson = Braylon Edwards

Mahdi
Then he looks back at Fitz as if to say it was his fault for hitting him directly in the mits.
I think he looked back at Fitz to say in a sense "I can't believe I dropped it" again...

SaviorEdwards
Stevie Johnson sucks, people need to stop shining his balls.

YardRat
11-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Should've had both on that last drive...obviously he learned nothing from last year's ****-up. Some guys just never get it.

Luisito23
11-27-2011, 03:20 PM
At least these idiots didn't sign him to a big contract like they did with that POS Fitz.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Stevie Johnson = Braylon Edwards
No, this is going to the other end of the extreme.

Stevie is a damn good receiver, great at the LoS beating the jam and runs extremely good routes. He does have good hands also.

Stevie's problem is he's trying to be a hero, its on his mind, and it's causing him to complicate things and when the pressure is on he doesn't have a clear head because of it.

Mr. Pink
11-27-2011, 03:25 PM
No, this is going to the other end of the extreme.

Stevie is a damn good receiver, great at the LoS beating the jam and runs extremely good routes. He does have good hands also.

Stevie's problem is he's trying to be a hero, its on his mind, and it's causing him to complicate things and when the pressure is on he doesn't have a clear head because of it.

Both have put up absolutely huge years.

Both are more of a me first type of player.

Both drop the ball with regularity.

And like Edwards, if we let Stevie go elsewhere next year, it wouldn't surprise me to watch him also fade away into obscurity.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Both have put up absolutely huge years.

Both are more of a me first type of player.

Both drop the ball with regularity.

And like Edwards, if we let Stevie go elsewhere next year, it wouldn't surprise me to watch him also fade away into obscurity.
Difference is that Stevie has better hands and is a much better route runner, its not even close.

The fact that Stevie dropped two game winning throws right in the hands doesn't tell me he has bad hands, it tells me his mind isn't right and his focus needs to go away from the media and social media and more towards being an All Pro.

The fact that he is constantly trying to think up ways to celebrate is concerning...

Do you want to be Chad Johnson or Andre Johnson, make a decision.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Edwards is worse. Stevie is like lebron, no clutch gene

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Some of you told me that he is an 8 million dollar receiver, I didn't think so before, I certainly don't think it now.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Some of you told me that he is an 8 million dollar receiver, I didn't think so before, I certainly don't think it now.
Someone will pay him money in that price range though.

A strong character coach who thinks he can focus him will pay him. And if he can focus him he can get a PB WR.

YardRat
11-27-2011, 04:05 PM
The fact that Stevie dropped two game winning throws right in the hands doesn't tell me he has bad hands, it tells me his mind isn't right and his focus needs to go away from the media and social media and more towards being an All Pro..

He doesn't need his mind on being an all pro...he needs it on making the simple catches when he's wide open.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
He doesn't need his mind on being an all pro...he needs it on making the simple catches when he's wide open.
Yes, but part of being an All-Pro is beating the snot out of Revis, and then when the game is on the line, you make the catch, score and return to the sideline and celebrate with your mates.

He had the first part down, doesn't understand the rest.

Maximilli
11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
yes that was his fault on that penalty but he did have a good game against the best corner in the league and he should've caught that pass but that penalty is all up to the refs, celebration so what let them play maybin hit fitz in the head no penalty maybin celebrated after the sack no penalty. but SJ should've caught that pass but i would still sign him and he is still my reviver we are just angry rite now i didn't expect them to win and neither did you guys

YardRat
11-27-2011, 04:16 PM
He still needs to grow up.

The Natrix
11-27-2011, 09:21 PM
People get way too bent out of shape about drops. Drops happen to every WR. Stevie has been unlucky in that they came at real bad times.

On the other hand, the celebration was way out of control. It was like 3 ****ing celebrations for 1 TD. If he gets another 15 yarder, I don't want this guy signed.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-28-2011, 05:41 AM
People get way too bent out of shape about drops. Drops happen to every WR. Stevie has been unlucky in that they came at real bad times.

On the other hand, the celebration was way out of control. It was like 3 ****ing celebrations for 1 TD. If he gets another 15 yarder, I don't want this guy signed.

Yeah, why should a receiver be counted on to catch a ball?!?!?!?

Extremebillsfan247
11-28-2011, 05:50 AM
He still needs to grow up.This whole team does. A lot of dumb costly penalties yesterday. There's enough blame to go around for every player on this team that took the field yesterday. JMO

YardRat
11-28-2011, 06:03 AM
This whole team does. A lot of dumb costly penalties yesterday. There's enough blame to go around for every player on this team that took the field yesterday. JMO

Granted, but if there is another individual player that had as much impact on yesterday's outcome I'd like somebody to point them out to me.

Unfortunate that the end zone antics and two drops will be the only thing that is remembered locally and nationally about this game, because SJ arguably had his best game as a professional.

Bottom line is he let his team mates down.

Extremebillsfan247
11-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Granted, but if there is another individual player that had as much impact on yesterday's outcome I'd like somebody to point them out to me.

Unfortunate that the end zone antics and two drops will be the only thing that is remembered locally and nationally about this game, because SJ arguably had his best game as a professional.

Bottom line is he let his team mates down.Oh well, lets see. How about the dumb "You should have known better" helmet to helmet on Sanchez by Dareus that extended a Jets drive? or Aaron Williams goofing on a pass play that cost the Bills a TD? or Spencer Johnson being too slow? or the defense not even being able to get to the Jets QB all game? or the Kicker screwing up a squib kick that eventually cost the Bills the lead towards the end of the first half? Or the Bills Oline for letting Maybin get the best of them? or Gailey for letting this team run around like a bunch of undisciplined clowns? Like I said, plenty of blame to go around. Take your pick.

kishoph
11-28-2011, 06:53 AM
yes that was his fault on that penalty but he did have a good game against the best corner in the league and he should've caught that pass but that penalty is all up to the refs, celebration so what let them play maybin hit fitz in the head no penalty maybin celebrated after the sack no penalty. but SJ should've caught that pass but i would still sign him and he is still my reviver we are just angry rite now i didn't expect them to win and neither did you guys

In no way did STEVIE cost us that game, I would put more of the blame on a Defense that allowed MARK SANCHEZ throw 4 TD's to open receivers. STEVIE could of won the game by making that grab at the 20, (the other one in the End Zone is on FITZ) but he did not lose it. In fact SJ had a great game having 8 receptions against the leagues best CB, beating him badly at times. I am mad about the celebration, he should of known better, he was flagged for the same thing against NE last season and I also thought it was a little disrespectful. The last few games STEVIE has had it rough, but so has the whole team, last week STEVIE was in position for 3 TD'S and FITZ missed him badly on each throw. This team has enough holes to fill without losing it's top receiver, sign him and pay him or you can bet some one else will. Fire GEORGE EDWARDS, ASAP.

BTW3, B. SMITH also dropped a pass in his hands in the End Zone.

Historian
11-28-2011, 07:00 AM
I said it all year, and will continue to say it: SJ is a solid NFL receiver, and a steal as a 7th rounder, but he is not a #1 receiver.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't remember the Brad Smith drop. When did that happen?

Maximilli
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I said it all year, and will continue to say it: SJ is a solid NFL receiver, and a steal as a 7th rounder, but he is not a #1 receiver.

I agree if it wasnt for SJ we wouldnt be in this game he was killing revis island he found a way to get off that island something Gilligan couldn't do

Maximilli
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM
The Drop was him not focused got anxious about score but u don't torch the best corner in the league and say he isn't a 1 st receiver your crazy he is still 1 receiver

Mahdi
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/11/28/stevie-says-no-more-celebrations/

GOOD!

kishoph
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't remember the Brad Smith drop. When did that happen?

3RD Down, left side of the End Zone. He made a good attempt at the ball and it would have been a nice catch, but it was still in his hands. I don't get too crazy over dropped catches, some people have to realize how difficult it is to adjust your body while running full speed often while being harassed by a defender. The drops are not what lost that game. Fire GEORGE EDWARDS, ASAP.

DesertFox24
11-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Stevie did to the jets what no WR has done in 3 years.

He owned their best player hands down.

Pay the man more than what Holmes got and resign Chandler.