PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially in draft mode.

Novacane
11-27-2011, 04:03 PM
With this defense we have a great shot at going 5-11. That should be good (or bad) enough to get us into the top 10. Who should we be looking/have a shot at that can help turn this sorry ass defense around?

YardRat
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Our defense would be 1000 times better with an actual defensive coordinator running the show instead of a clown.

That being said we need OLB's and CB's in a bad way.

PTI
11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Matt Barkley, please!!!!!!!!!

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Not so fast, Bills have a friendly schedule in the next few games.

Ten, SD, Mia, Den, then finish with NE who may rest starters.

we can easily win the next four to be 9-6, beat the Pats again and we 10-6 with a good shot at the wildcard.

Ginger Vitis
11-27-2011, 04:12 PM
1)QB
2)OLB
3)LT
4)CB
4)OLB
5)OG
6)DE
6)RT
7)CB

Johnny Bugmenot
11-27-2011, 04:15 PM
They dumped half their draft into the defense this year and nothing improved. What do you honestly expect to do with yet another one?

And as for playoffs, forget it. You need 11-5 in the AFC to even consider wild-card aspirations.

Novacane
11-27-2011, 04:16 PM

we can easily win the next four to be 9-6, beat the Pats again and we 10-6 with a good shot at the wildcard.

We EASILY win the next 4? Well if you ignore the fact that our defense has been awful 10 out of 11 games I guess we can. Tenn maybe. Could go either way. SD offense is going to light this defense up. Loss for sure. Miami? They just beat the **** out of this team a week ago but we can easily beat them? Edge Miami Denver? maybe but again..............our defense makes bad QB's look great.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 04:18 PM
They dumped half their draft into the defense this year and nothing improved. What do you honestly expect to do with yet another one?

And as for playoffs, forget it. You need 11-5 in the AFC to even consider wild-card aspirations.
Not this year, the teams in contention are not doing it with great records.

Oak, NYJ, Den, SD are all in the hunt and all have several losses.

The biggest obstacle is the AFC north with the Steelers and Ravens.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
We EASILY win the next 4? Well if you ignore the fact that our defense has been awful 10 out of 11 games I guess we can. Tenn maybe. Could go either way. SD offense is going to light this defense up. Loss for sure. Miami? They just beat the **** out of this team a week ago but we can easily beat them? Edge Miami Denver? maybe but again..............our defense makes bad QB's look great.
When I say easily, I don't mean winning will be easy. I mean those are teams the Bills can take advantage of.

Their offenses are not that good and their defenses can be passed and run on.

YardRat
11-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Doh, Jesus...Here comes the 'we need a QB' dumbass brigade out in full force again.

I really could've waited until at least the end of the season before this **** starting spewing.

Luisito23
I hope we lose all our remaining games, I really do.

Novacane
After todays loss the Bills have a 2.6% chance of making the playoffs.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 04:21 PM
After todays loss the Bills have a 2.6% chance of making the playoffs.
Sooooo yer saying there's a chance???

Novacane
11-27-2011, 04:22 PM
When I say easily, I don't mean winning will be easy. I mean those are teams the Bills can take advantage of.

Their offenses are not that good and their defenses can be passed and run on.

Until they play us. :ill:

Novacane
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Sooooo yer saying there's a chance???

Mathematically yes. Realistically? no

Ginger Vitis
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Doh, Jesus...Here comes the 'we need a QB' dumbass brigade out in full force again.

Indeed.. Matt Barkley or Robert Griffen III if either one is available when the Bills pick

Novacane
11-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Defense need #1. Run George Edwards out of town on a rail
Defense need #2 Stud pass rusher

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm going to keep hoping we bring in Kevin Greene from the Packers.

Honestly, lets put up a Billboard to bring in Greene in the offseason if Edwards is indeed fired.

RoscoeMagic
11-27-2011, 04:50 PM

The problem is both the Jets and Bengals have a tiebreaker on us. So unless you think either they or Pitt/Baltimore will choke, 10-6 unfortunately won't get in.

BigZ
11-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Draft mode! :clap:

RoscoeMagic
11-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Draft mode! :clap:

Why is that a good thing? Have you seen our recent drafts?

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 04:56 PM
At 5-11 I think the Bills would have a chance to sign Matt Barkley. Hope they will be considering drafting a QB.

tomz
11-27-2011, 04:56 PM

Agree. Out of the linebackers and DE/OLB tweeners, who are the stud pass rushers?

Dude from Bama looks good. Guy from Marshall (is it Vinnie Curry?)

Novacane
11-27-2011, 04:58 PM
At 5-11 I think the Bills would have a chance to sign Matt Barkley. Hope they will be considering drafting a QB.

I think it will depend on how he plays the last 5 games. If he plays like today they should concentrate on defense. If he plays like he did the last 3 weeks QB would have to be a consideration.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-27-2011, 05:17 PM
We've been searching for this mythical "stud pass rusher" for decades and every single one has failed. Eventually someone has to realize that there is no such thing.

Crisis
11-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Draft mode - the most exciting build up for the most disappointing day.

Novacane
11-27-2011, 05:25 PM
We've been searching for this mythical "stud pass rusher" for decades and every single one has failed. Eventually someone has to realize that there is no such thing.

Decades? Bruce Smith was not a stud pass rusher? :headscrat: If you say so.

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm not in draft mode yet. I want to see Buffalo get revenge on Miami at home, and kill Tim Tebow.

Mahdi
11-27-2011, 05:46 PM
One and a half decades since Bruce was relevant in Buffalo.

BILLSROCK1212
11-27-2011, 05:59 PM
QB is not out of the question.

Novacane
11-27-2011, 06:00 PM
One and a half decades since Bruce was relevant in Buffalo.

Fair enough. We have not had a pass rusher in years. That does not mean they don't exist like previous poster says.

PTI
11-27-2011, 06:25 PM
We suck at the draft is the problem. Ryan Matthews looks so much better than CJ Spiller.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Correction: *A* decade. The point, however, stands. Other than the quite pedestrian Schobel, there hasn't been any pass-rushing threat since Smith and Hansen were terrorizing quarterbacks in the 90s.

Novacane
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Correction: *A* decade. The point, however, stands. Other than the quite pedestrian Schobel, there hasn't been any pass-rushing threat since Smith and Hansen were terrorizing quarterbacks in the 90s.

So you meant they don't exist in Buffalo. That's a given.

k-oneputt
11-27-2011, 06:40 PM
What we need and what will be said:

pass rusher: it's been forever.
o-tackle: but, but, but...we don't need a tackle
qb: fitz is a nice player, but not good enough.

Same positions needed since the late 90's.

PTI
11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Redskins won over Seahawks. Both those teams will look at QB next year. Both have 4 wins now. I think the Skins have 2 more wins in them, Seahawks too, both could be drafting behind Buffalo. I think the Bills are done winning this year and will be drafting top 6. Too bad Browns could not hold on against the Bengals,that would have been win number 5 for them.

Bills need a QB badly, Fitz was Losman like on the last drive, wasting time running around and getting one yard instead of throwing the ball away, getting out of bounds, then being tired from running all around and not throwing the ball away and wasting a timeout. Classic Losman.

lightningbolt444
11-27-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm going to keep hoping we bring in Kevin Greene from the Packers.

Honestly, lets put up a Billboard to bring in Greene in the offseason if Edwards is indeed fired.

Lets do it now.......

don137
11-27-2011, 07:23 PM
If you have a chance to get a franchise QB like Barkley or Griffen you cannot pass it up.

Novacane
11-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Lets go chiefs. Get to 5 wins tonight!!!

HendersonD06
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
After starting off 3-0, the Bills have since gone 2-6.

It's over for Buffalo in regards to the 2011 season. Time to think draft and free agency.

HendersonD06
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM

Didn't you all just sign a QB, in Fitzpatrick, who's yet to play a postseason game to a long term contract? Also, are you going to root against the Bills during the last 5 games?

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Didn't you all just sign a QB, in Fitzpatrick, who's yet to play a postseason game to a long term contract? Also, are you going to root against the Bills during the last 5 games?

Are you going to constantly suck at life?

ServoBillieves
11-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Let's draft a competent Strength and Conditioning coach and a DC.

SO happy I blocked Henderson...

If we're in draft mode I'd go CB, OLB, and WR.

Crisis
11-27-2011, 08:22 PM

And then you realized you wasted a top 5 pick on a QB who's barely a game manager.

T-Long
11-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Well, after sifting through 3 pages of non-sense, let me throw out a few pass rushers:

LB Ronnell Lewis Oklahoma
LB Courtney Upshaw Alabama
LB Zack Brown North Carolina

There is a 0% chance they go QB in round 1 in my opinion, not after dishing out that contract to Fitz, whether they have an out clause or not, they won't be using it.

They could go WR as well, and Floyd from ND could be intriguing....but I guess it all depends on where they will be drafting.

QB: No
RB: No
WR: possibly Floyd
TE: No
T: No (Hairston and Pears are the future)
G: Set with Levitre at LG, could use an upgrade at RG but wont do that in Round 1
C: Eric Wood should be back
TE: Chandler is the answer there

DE: Could use upgrade (not too much after Coples in draft there, and he is more a fit for the 4-3)
DT: Williams and Dareus are studs
LB: Major need for upgrade here on the outside. Barnett and Sheppard are locks in the inside, but Merriman prob. won't be back and it's time for Kelsay to be cut or move to a backup role. This is our major need area in my opinion. If it's not addressed in free agency, this is where they will go in the draft in round 1.
CB: With McGee possibly done for good and McKelvin being benched, this is also a major need. Morris Claiborne from LSU should be gone, Alfonzo Dennard (Nebraska) and Janoris Jenkins (North Alabama) are short (5'10), but could be an option in round 1.
S: Set with Byrd, Searcy, Wilson, and Scott

At the end of the day, LB and then CB should be the top priorities. Free agency will tell us a lot on what direction they actually zero in on.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 09:04 PM
They better opt out of that contract. Fitzpatrick blows.

kingJofNYC
11-27-2011, 09:08 PM
To be honest, Williams and Searcy played a fine game, Rogers too, but Dareus was an absolute dog. Guy is looking more like Glen Dorsey 2.0 every week.

Seems like our first round misses will continue for the foreseeable future.

Crisis
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Dareus is a rookie who faces double teams every single play. Could he be better at this point? Sure. Is he a bust because he's not setting the world on fire? no.

kingJofNYC
11-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Wasn't really doubled today, I watched, I was there, and it was pathetic. His motor isn't there. Our DT rotation is ****, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for year 1 (too many snaps, no NFL conditioning program etc).

Heard looked better than Dareus at times, not what I want out of my number #1 pick.

Whatever, I just can't get excited about the draft when our early round picks do **** year after year.

I'll say one thing, stay away from Bama players, products of the system. Look at Jackson and how lights out he was there, total bust for the Texans.

Crisis
11-27-2011, 09:35 PM
I watched him specifically in the first quarter and he was definitely doubled almost every play then, maybe it changed over the course of the game but from what I saw, he was.

paladin warrior
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Didn't you all just sign a QB, in Fitzpatrick, who's yet to play a postseason game to a long term contract? Also, are you going to root against the Bills during the last 5 games? WHAT THe F##K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dhenerson get out of our billszone fan form U ugly mother f##ker c##ker sucker. Go eat bag of green s**T

paladin warrior
11-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Didn't you all just sign a QB, in Fitzpatrick, who's yet to play a postseason game to a long term contract? Also, are you going to root against the Bills during the last 5 games? It that your boyfriend http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/11/18/sports/photos_stories/darrelle_revis--300x300.jpghttp://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/152/full/v7tehkwthrwefgounvi7znf5k.gif,GO f ##k your boyfriend a$$,,,You are fagest queerfeild :limp: :limp:

Mr. Pink
11-28-2011, 01:39 AM
The Jets and Bengals basically have to lose out for the Bills to have a chance at making the playoffs. Then there's a huge logjam of teams in the AFC around .500 to contend with too.

Playoff chances are about the same as a dinosaur roaming your neighborhood tomorrow.

kingJofNYC
11-28-2011, 03:05 AM
I watched him specifically in the first quarter and he was definitely doubled almost every play then, maybe it changed over the course of the game but from what I saw, he was.

He didn't even on the field the first two series, wasn't on for the 3 and out, actually thought something happened to him. We did good stuffing the run on those first two series.

I'm not blaming him for all the problems, just expected more out of him. Think he hit it a wall after the first Jets game, he was effective every game until that point. Season's long, he's still young, and I'm being reactive, especially after Green and Millers performances.

Extremebillsfan247
11-28-2011, 04:17 AM
With this defense we have a great shot at going 5-11. That should be good (or bad) enough to get us into the top 10. Who should we be looking/have a shot at that can help turn this sorry ass defense around? If the season ended today the Bills would have the 15th pick overall. Moral of that story, there are a lot of bad teams this year. The Bills are bound to win at least 1 or 2 more games this year. So, I don't expect them to move up in the draft order all that much. At best they may get the 11th overall. But they could even slip back further between 16th and 18th. JMO

Ed
11-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Assuming that we get good value, I think OLB has to be the pick. By far our weakest position. I like the idea of getting Upshaw in the first and then taking Bama's NT(I can't remember his name) in the second round. I want an all SEC defense and those two guys along with Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Sheppard would be a good start.

EDS
11-28-2011, 04:36 PM

I am not seeing any slam dunk victories there. Titans will be a handful if Chris Johnson plays like he did on Sunday; SD is playing like dog crap so that is probably the best bet; Miami throttled the Bills already; Denver is on an impressive win streak and NE is starting to put things together.

EDS
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
WHAT THe F##K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dhenerson get out of our billszone fan form U ugly mother f##ker c##ker sucker. Go eat bag of green s**T

There really is no reason for a post like this.

better days
11-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Well, after sifting through 3 pages of non-sense, let me throw out a few pass rushers:

LB Ronnell Lewis Oklahoma
LB Courtney Upshaw Alabama
LB Zack Brown North Carolina

There is a 0% chance they go QB in round 1 in my opinion, not after dishing out that contract to Fitz, whether they have an out clause or not, they won't be using it.

They could go WR as well, and Floyd from ND could be intriguing....but I guess it all depends on where they will be drafting.

QB: No
RB: No
WR: possibly Floyd
TE: No
T: No (Hairston and Pears are the future)
G: Set with Levitre at LG, could use an upgrade at RG but wont do that in Round 1
C: Eric Wood should be back
TE: Chandler is the answer there

DE: Could use upgrade (not too much after Coples in draft there, and he is more a fit for the 4-3)
DT: Williams and Dareus are studs
LB: Major need for upgrade here on the outside. Barnett and Sheppard are locks in the inside, but Merriman prob. won't be back and it's time for Kelsay to be cut or move to a backup role. This is our major need area in my opinion. If it's not addressed in free agency, this is where they will go in the draft in round 1.
CB: With McGee possibly done for good and McKelvin being benched, this is also a major need. Morris Claiborne from LSU should be gone, Alfonzo Dennard (Nebraska) and Janoris Jenkins (North Alabama) are short (5'10), but could be an option in round 1.
S: Set with Byrd, Searcy, Wilson, and Scott

At the end of the day, LB and then CB should be the top priorities. Free agency will tell us a lot on what direction they actually zero in on.

I don't think the contract Fitz signed is the reason the Bills won't draft a QB. I don't see that contract as that big a deal, but there will be no QB worth drafting in the 1st rnd by the time the Bills pick because there are only 4 worth drafting in the 1st rnd & they will go off the board QUICK.

I don't see the Bills drafting a short CB in the 1st rnd, they seem to like the bigger DBs. I think OLB is a bigger need anyway.