PDA

View Full Version : I feel better this week.

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2011, 05:36 PM
The Bills showed up to play. They basically had control of the game until the final 3 minutes. They had a chance to win at the end. It was back to exciting, the offense was effective and moved the ball up and down the field. They took advantage of two huge turnovers by the Jets.
At least they didn't crap the bed again and get totally dominated like we've seen the past 3 weeks.

I am actually optimistic about an 8-8 season again, which was my expectations coming into the season. If they play like they did today, I could see them winning the next 4, and heading into New England with a chance at 10 wins.

I'm still pissed about the loss, don't get me wrong, but I'm happy that at least today was exciting, and I thought the Bills showed a ton of heart and effort today with basically a 2nd string team.

Figster
11-28-2011, 08:34 AM
The Bills showed up to play. They basically had control of the game until the final 3 minutes. They had a chance to win at the end. It was back to exciting, the offense was effective and moved the ball up and down the field. They took advantage of two huge turnovers by the Jets.
At least they didn't crap the bed again and get totally dominated like we've seen the past 3 weeks.

I am actually optimistic about an 8-8 season again, which was my expectations coming into the season. If they play like they did today, I could see them winning the next 4, and heading into New England with a chance at 10 wins.

I'm still pissed about the loss, don't get me wrong, but I'm happy that at least today was exciting, and I thought the Bills showed a ton of heart and effort today with basically a 2nd string team.

I really liked our Center play, awesome job...

better days
11-28-2011, 08:50 AM
I really liked our Center play, awesome job, which makes you wonder If we should try Wood at the RT position and Levitre at LT next season. Put our best athletes on the edges

I hope this post is a JOKE. Pouha manhandled Urbik. Urbik played Center better than Levitre did, but he is NOT starting caliber. Wood is already looking like he is one of the better Centers in the NFL & will only get better over time.

Levitre looked terrible at BOTH Center & LT. He is a very good GUARD PERIOD.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't say Levitre was terrible at LT. He was much better there than at C. I thought he did an OK job at tackle, but I agree, he needs to stay at LG, where he's very good.

bluerosekiller
11-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Tell you what F_L, I admire you your optimism. Really, I do.
But, unfortunately, it is HIGHLY unlikely that this team wins their next several games.
Mark my words though, if they do somehow run the table for the next four games, I'm gonna ask you for your mailing address so I can mail you a nice X-Mas gift. Seriously.

Peace,
Jim

Johnny Bugmenot
11-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Remember a few weeks ago when I said the Jets were the new Patriots? In other words, blow the Bills out in Buffalo, then narrowly win a squeaker at home?

Don't assume too much out of these games.

Albany,n.y.
11-28-2011, 09:32 AM

This is just sad.
Bad teams lose close games every year & when the season ends they just are a bad team with a losing record. I remember the 1984-1986 seasons when the Bills had back to back 2-14 seasons followed by 4-12 in 1986. During those 3 seasons of futility, the Bills fans who wanted to Not Worry, Be Happy could point to half the games played and find a few wins and other games where they could say "If it wasn't for this, we would have won the game, we could easily be 8-8 this year." This was especially true in 1984 & 1985 when the team was the worst in the NFL. At least in 1986, we had the franchise QB and could be optimistic about the future.
The bottom line-THIS TEAM IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! This is 2008 all over again-a team that lacks talent with an overachieving start getting the fans all worked up & then returning to the level of futility reflected in the limited talent on the roster.
Until the front office is totally revamped from top to bottom, our team will remain a team that will win a few games, tease us for some others that they end up losing, outright lose the rest and end the season out of the playoffs. At some point a competent management would just fire all the scouts, open up their wallets & pay for some competent scouting. The way this team handles the draft & free agency, continuing to acquire duds while teams drafting below them & wisely investing in the right free agents get the good players, shows something is wrong among the talent evaluators.
I'd just clean house & scrap the Nix, Gailey group, pay $ and get some decent talent evaluators so we fans could have something to be truly optimistic about instead of competitive losses. Unfortunately, until this team has new ownership, this won't be happening. Just think of the last change-a 70 year old 1st time GM, who came out of retirement the prior year, hired to turn things around who then hired a head coach whose last NFL gig was getting fired as an offensive coordinator.
I'm getting really tired of all these losing seasons with every off season producing sub par drafts & bringing in sub par free agents or no one worth bringing in to begin with. In the end, this team just can't evaluate talent, overpays bad players and doesn't keep good ones.

justasportsfan
11-28-2011, 09:34 AM
the team is regressing. Can't be happy about that.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Tell you what F_L, I admire you your optimism. Really, I do.
But, unfortunately, it is HIGHLY unlikely that this team wins their next several games.
Mark my words though, if they do somehow run the table for the next four games, I'm gonna ask you for your mailing address so I can mail you a nice X-Mas gift. Seriously.

Peace,
Jim

Tennesee isn't anything special.
Miami at home is very winnable.
San Diego isn't exactly setting the world on fire, and The Bills always play well there for some reason.
Denver is one dimentional, and I actually think the Bills can shut down a running QB like Tebow. Use the Mike Vick formula and voila, Tebow will throw about 3 picks.

I really don't think it's going to happen, but it's not really out of the question either.

bf1
11-28-2011, 09:37 AM
I think I'm actually feel worse. You see how they can be. Imagine if they had some real talent to work with instead of overachievers (which can't be sustained). Buddy hasn't done jack yet.

better days
11-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Tennesee isn't anything special.
Miami at home is very winnable.
San Diego isn't exactly setting the world on fire, and The Bills always play well there for some reason.
Denver is one dimentional, and I actually think the Bills can shut down a running QB like Tebow. Use the Mike Vick formula and voila, Tebow will throw about 3 picks.

I really don't think it's going to happen, but it's not really out of the question either.

I agree Tennesee, Miami & San Diego are winnable games, but I disagree about Denver. They are a very tough team to defend. For one thing Tebow does not throw int's & I doubt the Bills can get him to.

I think the Bills can beat Denver, but it will be a good win. Most likely that game goes to the end to decide the winner.

baalworship
11-28-2011, 10:00 AM
I thought this team would win 5 games before the year started and that was before the injuries. The fact is that this team was way under the salary cap and we had no depth. Gailey can coach offense but it is apparent that Edwards is in over his head. Even though he has no pass-rushing talent this D is still worse than it should be.

I am mildly optimistic that next year we will be the team we saw at the beginning of this year. We do need to get a 3-4 outside linebacker that scares people as priority #1. After that I think we need more play makers at WR and TE, expecially if Marcus Easley is done. Right tackle should be obtained in free agency. Pears is ok for what he is but we need an upgrade.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Weather will probably be a huge factor with the Denver game too. I don't see Tebow running around making plays in the snow and -25 degree weather.

k-oneputt
11-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Well if they can stop wasting draft picks on our supposed future olb's {moats and Batten} it would be a start.
We need frontline players not special team small school wonders.

Oaf
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Is Den at home? I'd say that's the most likely game for us to lose of the next 4.

Mahdi
11-28-2011, 10:16 AM
the team is regressing. Can't be happy about that.
How was that a regression. Bills played a solid game. We know our defense sucks so that's a given. But overall was a solid game against a strong opponent.

justasportsfan
11-28-2011, 10:27 AM
How was that a regression. Bills played a solid game. We know our defense sucks so that's a given. But overall was a solid game against a strong opponent.
4 straight losses. Don't care how good we looked LOSING. Would rather have an ugly win.

We gave a crappy qb his career day. Had it been a better qb the game wouldn't have been close.

Figster
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I hope this post is a JOKE. Pouha manhandled Urbik. Urbik played Center better than Levitre did, but he is NOT starting caliber. Wood is already looking like he is one of the better Centers in the NFL & will only get better over time.

Levitre looked terrible at BOTH Center & LT. He is a very good GUARD PERIOD.

Wood is one of the best O-lineman in the game period,

Levitre's good footwork gets wasted on the interior of the line in my opinion and his smallish size gets him blown right off the line of scrimmage.

Levitre got manhandled/mauled at center, Urbik was not...

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
In a weird way, I see what F_L is saying.

The last 3 weeks were epic disasters. We were hapless in every aspect of the game. While I thought this would be a bad season, I figured by this time of the year, we would get it together, play teams close, and maybe even pull off an upset or two.

So, while the loss is disappointing and the D looks horrendous, this is basically where I thought we'd be at this point. It doesn't bode well for the rest of this season, but at least there are signs that the team is on the right track, or at least the O. If we have our starters back and add some OL depth and maybe 1 deep threat receiver, this O will be decent.

justasportsfan
11-28-2011, 01:07 PM

The last 3 weeks were epic disasters. We were hapless in every aspect of the game. While I thought this would be a bad season, I figured by this time of the year, we would get it together, play teams close, and maybe even pull off an upset or two.

So, while the loss is disappointing and the D looks horrendous, this is basically where I thought we'd be at this point. It doesn't bode well for the rest of this season, but at least there are signs that the team is on the right track, or at least the O. If we have our starters back and add some OL depth and maybe 1 deep threat receiver, this O will be decent.

I don't get how people can feel good about a loss. Feeling good about a good loss because we lost badly the last prior 3 is accepting mediocrity. You homers need to stop it. Oh wait....

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't get how people can feel good about a loss. Feeling good about a good loss because we lost badly the last prior 3 is accepting mediocrity. You homers need to stop it. Oh wait....

Well, I certainly didn't say I feel good about the loss. Clearly, this team has some work to do.

But at least this week, we resembled a pro football team. In the 3 prior weeks, we look like we may have lost to some of the better college teams.

justasportsfan
11-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Well, I certainly didn't say I feel good about the loss. Clearly, this team has some work to do.

But at least this week, we resembled a pro football team. In the 3 prior weeks, we look like we may have lost to some of the better college teams.
i was justplayin

Figster
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM

Especially considering Rex Ryan clearly had the Bills number a couple of weeks ago.

Tells me that our HC Chan Gailey is capable of competing against some of the best coached teams in the NFL with half the talent.

bluerosekiller
11-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Especially considering Rex Ryan clearly had the Bills number a couple of weeks ago.

Tells me that our HC Chan Gailey is capable of competing against some of the best coached teams in the NFL with half the talent.

Good points.
And I agree with you when it comes to Gailey.
He can can definitely get this team to play for him on the offensive side of the ball. But, DAMN, being stubborn about sticking with his defensive coaching staff is just NOT going to to anything but set the team up for further failure.
HE may still believe in George Edwards, but that belief isn't based on anything that we've witnessed on the field. His game plans are awful, his schemes easily exploited by opposing coaches & the end results are atrocious.
IMO Edwards should have been given his walking papers after the Dallas game to send a message that results like those aren't acceptable & that Gailey wasn't giving up on this season. Which was still very much salvagable at that point...
But now?
The players are probably dejected by this losing streak & have lost whatever confidence they'd gained from their success early this season.

I think in order to get this club to reach toward .500, Gaily's going to have to make a statement & make some significant changes to his staff.
If he doesn't then my ( & I daresay, MANY other Bills fans as well ) confidence in HIM will seriously be damaged & a lot of folks will begin drawing up the next set of designs for a billboard on the 190.