PDA

View Full Version : Bills played a good game today

Skooby
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I know we lost but the whole world expected us to lose & it was a good game. I'd rather have them be competitive & get some experience for our better looking secondary versus the trash we've been served the past 3 weeks.

I think we come out firing the rest of the season & play hard, that's all we can ask for. Go Bills!

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 06:38 PM
I hate your threads. They are all garbage. It was not a good game. They just looked like an actual NFL team for once.

Billz_fan
11-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Lmfao :laughter:

Novacane
11-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Is that what it has come to again ? Being happy when we don't get blown out? :puke:

Billz_fan
11-27-2011, 06:47 PM
I think it's part of what happens when you come to accept losing year after year. You try to find some positive so you do not feel like crap all the time.

psubills62
11-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Losing sucks and I hate it. But after the last few weeks and with as many injuries as the Bills have had, I expected this to be quite the blowout. Bills were surprisingly competitive.

Doesn't mean I'm happy about it or that I accept it.

Don't Panic
11-27-2011, 06:55 PM
The point is we bounced back and showed some moxie after seriously lacking it for three weeks. That is a definite positive, even if we are all pissed we lost the game.

Skooby
11-27-2011, 07:47 PM
The point is we bounced back and showed some moxie after seriously lacking it for three weeks. That is a definite positive, even if we are all pissed we lost the game.

Bingo, we had our chances to win instead of no chance.

bluerosekiller
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM
While I'm quite happy that the team actually showed up to play this week & came close to pulling it out, which after three straight weeks of getting their asses handed to them is an accomplishment of sorts, the collapse on both sides of the ball in the final minutes of the game made it just as frustrating as another blow out would have been. Well, almost...
But, another loss is another loss whether it was by 4 points or almost fourty like a couple of weeks ago.
The Bills are still a mediocre as hell 5-6 & likely headed to yet another sub-.500 season record after showing such promise during the first seven games. And although I've been a die hard, rabid Bill's fan since I was a kid & got hooked on them back during the 1980 season, this season's total collapse has me disheartened about twice as much as 2008's did. So much so, that I'm actually glad that the final three home games will very likely be blacked out.
Were they not, I wouldn't have had the fortitude to keep from watching those games & something tells me that they wouldn't be pleasant experiences. And, at this point, who needs the stress right?
I'm afraid that following today's loss, the team may just completely come apart at the seams, start mailing in their performances & heading for the bus at the first signs of adversity.
I wouldn't have thought it possible after the glory days of the begining of this season, but, they may just lose out the rest of the way. Which, if so, should cost a whole lot of people their jobs. Starting at the very top with Nix, moving on down to Gaily ( somewhat sadly, cause with the proper talent at his disposal, I believe he could do some team a good job ), his staff & an entire plethora of players.

OpIv37
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
The offense looked like a real NFL team for most of the game.

The defense looked like absolute garbage.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-27-2011, 09:25 PM
so what the hell is the fix? keep drafting defense? i doubt it weve been drafting CBs for efin years and its still the same ol crappy defense

OpIv37
11-27-2011, 09:51 PM
so what the hell is the fix? keep drafting defense? i doubt it weve been drafting CBs for efin years and its still the same ol crappy defense

It starts with coaching. We need to fire Edwards and possibly Wanny too- I don't know how much say he has behind the scenes, but I suspect some of this blood is on his hands.

But yes, it's amazing how many draft picks and FA signings we've made on defensive side in the ball to still have such a ****ty D.

Skooby
11-27-2011, 10:01 PM
It starts with coaching. We need to fire Edwards and possibly Wanny too- I don't know how much say he has behind the scenes, but I suspect some of this blood is on his hands.

But yes, it's amazing how many draft picks and FA signings we've made on defensive side in the ball to still have such a ****ty D.

Many guys hurt that played us to a higher level at the beginning of the season, they called the Bills overachievers. I think they we're well coached & we might actually have some depth next year when most return.

OpIv37
11-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Many guys hurt that played us to a higher level at the beginning of the season, they called the Bills overachievers. I think they we're well coached & we might actually have some depth next year when most return.

Huh? Our D wasn't playing at a higher level at the beginning of the season. They were good in the Chiefs game, but Oakland and NE torched us. The only reason we won is because our O was good enough to keep up.

Hell, the only teams we've held to under 23 points all season were the Chiefs, who started slow, and the Redskins, who were devastated by injury and on a huge downward spiral.

This D has given up huge chunks of yards to both the pass and the run all season. They live and die by the turnover, and when the turnovers don't come, we get killed.

Skooby
11-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Huh? Our D wasn't playing at a higher level at the beginning of the season. They were good in the Chiefs game, but Oakland and NE torched us. The only reason we won is because our O was good enough to keep up.

If you check the stats, our defense was near the best in stopping the run for several weeks. Our secondary was terrible & has hurt us all year, they looked better today at points but we have a long way to go there.

kingJofNYC
11-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Actually thought the backend held up fine, outside of that one busted coverage by Searcy. Too bad they had to cover for 4+ seconds because of our **** pass rush.

Our front 7 is dog **** however, no pass rush and can't stop the run.

The timing on that corner blitz was atrocious, showed it so earlier, that dumb **** Sanchez adjusted, and yet we still went to it. Chalk it up to terrible coaching.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
The defense was never well coached. They've been giving up 500+ yards every game.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 11:40 PM
If you check the stats, our defense was near the best in stopping the run for several weeks. Our secondary was terrible & has hurt us all year, they looked better today at points but we have a long way to go there.

You are completely oblivious.

Skooby
11-28-2011, 03:05 AM
You are completely oblivious.

Please prove your point instead of attacking me. I hate you & your oblivious make you sound like Veruca Salt.

bluerosekiller
11-28-2011, 08:51 AM
I like what Gaily gets out of The Bills offensively, most of the time.
But, by sticking to the "good ol' boys" formula, he's hired too mant of his cronies, which has led to The Bills' horrific defensive performance. Which is crippling Gaily's chances at producing a winner.
If he'd been 110% commited to his team winning & that's it , he'd have seen that Edwards & the rest of the defensive staff just weren't producing & that their needed to be a big shake up.
Had he done something, ANYTHING about it following the debackle in Dallas, maybe they'd still be in the hunt now instead of dead in the water at a moribund 5-6.

Skooby
11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
I like what Gaily gets out of The Bills offensively, most of the time.
But, by sticking to the "good ol' boys" formula, he's hired too mant of his cronies, which has led to The Bills' horrific defensive performance. Which is crippling Gaily's chances at producing a winner.
If he'd been 110% commited to his team winning & that's it , he'd have seen that Edwards & the rest of the defensive staff just weren't producing & that their needed to be a big shake up.
Had he done something, ANYTHING about it following the debacle in Dallas, maybe they'd still be in the hunt now instead of dead in the water at a moribund 5-6.

Good points.