PDA

View Full Version : Too soon?

Crisis
11-27-2011, 09:09 PM
http://cuppygifs.com/wp-content/uploads/whygod.gif

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2011, 09:12 PM
What the **** steve. It's still not your fault the defense couldn't stop a team full of 70 year old men.

YardRat
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
:rofl: :lmao:

PTI
11-28-2011, 10:37 AM
very funny.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Already posted:
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=208170

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2011, 10:55 AM
One last year against Pittsburgh, and now this one. Both were big time game-winning catches, and he choked on both.

Oaf
11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
He claimed he wasn't ready for this one.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2011, 01:44 PM
One last year against Pittsburgh, and now this one. Both were big time game-winning catches, and he choked on both.

The drop should not be considered game winning. He had three defenders surrounding him. I doubt he gets to the end zone.

Crisis
11-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Already posted:
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=208170

I think you should check the post times again ;)

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2011, 02:14 PM
God did it again.

dplus47
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM
The drop should not be considered game winning. He had three defenders surrounding him. I doubt he gets to the end zone.

Nobody even enters the frame of that GIF. I would think that a "surrounding defender" would want to get close to an offensive player when the ball goes toward him.

Maybe all three of these mystery defenders stopped running as soon as they recognized who the receiver was?

psubills62
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I saw the defenders (they don't have to be in the frame of the gif to keep him from entering the end zone), and I doubt he would have run it in very easily. However, that's a lot of ground gained at that point and we'd have a much, much better shot at getting the TD at that point.

YardRat
11-28-2011, 02:52 PM
I haven't seen a good replay of the first drop, but did hear Murphy's live radio play-by-play this AM and at the time he indicated Stevie would've 'coasted' into the end zone.

trapezeus
11-28-2011, 04:29 PM
i've heard people say that he would have made it to the endzone, but i thought there were two defenders behind him. it would have been a race. and the way the bills were running, i doubt they would have punched it in.

The bills need to start signing this season's starters and find some depth so that we aren't relying on people playing out of position when injuries occur. The fact they rolled into this season hoping to survive on one center is ridiculous.

For a team that constantly gets injured and has cap room, you'd think they'd get a clue and build depth. That shows how little interest they have in being competitive in the long term.

Crisis
11-28-2011, 04:31 PM
At the very least we probably have the ball at around the 10, and he had a likely chance of scoring on that play.

The one part where our offense IS very good is in the red zone though, so it's pretty likely we would've scored if he catches that ball.

dplus47
11-28-2011, 05:06 PM
I saw the defenders (they don't have to be in the frame of the gif to keep him from entering the end zone), and I doubt he would have run it in very easily. However, that's a lot of ground gained at that point and we'd have a much, much better shot at getting the TD at that point.

I agree about the defenders not having to be in the frame; I was being a bit sarcastic, but at the same time, Johnson had a lot of space.

Rich Gannon said he would have scored, and it looked like he would have scored from my vantage point. Maybe the game will be on NFL replay and we can see who the defenders are and where they are. I'm not impressed with New York's safeties, anyway.

I do think that with all the good luck the Jets have at the end of games and with all the bad luck the Bills have, it might have been a best-case scenario for Johnson to catch that pass and get caught at the 10 or so, just to leave the Jets with absolutely no time.

Ultimately, I think the offense played well enough to beat the Jets, and the defense did not. However, the offense had the opportunity to pick up the slack for the defense, and blew it. That leaves nobody on either side of the ball with a lot of room for talking after the game.

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I haven't seen a good replay of the first drop, but did hear Murphy's live radio play-by-play this AM and at the time he indicated Stevie would've 'coasted' into the end zone.

In real time he had a LOT of space. IMO he had a good chance of getting into the endzone, and even if he didn't get in the Bills would have been MUCH closer and had a much better shot at getting it on a subsequent play.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2011, 05:52 PM
i've heard people say that he would have made it to the endzone, but i thought there were two defenders behind him. it would have been a race. and the way the bills were running, i doubt they would have punched it in.

The bills need to start signing this season's starters and find some depth so that we aren't relying on people playing out of position when injuries occur. The fact they rolled into this season hoping to survive on one center is ridiculous.

For a team that constantly gets injured and has cap room, you'd think they'd get a clue and build depth. That shows how little interest they have in being competitive in the long term.

there two defenders on each side of him and a safety in front of him.