PDA

View Full Version : Now wonder why no one wants to play here

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Grow up people.

The guy dropped a ball. He didn't do it on purpose.

Maybe he doesn't deserve a huge contract.... maybe he does, but to call him out like he just banged your girlfriend is ridiculous.

People acting like jerkoffs.

kingJofNYC
11-27-2011, 11:27 PM
It's not exclusive to Buffalo though, fans across the league do it.

Borosai
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM
That was a bad drop, but Johnson made tough catches with Revis on his hip all day. I'd say he won that head-to-head match up today. I know some people need to vent, but Stevie is far from a hack. He's a good WR who needs to improve. Get over it.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2011, 12:20 AM
A lot of tough guy arm chair coaches in Buffalo. George Edwards is horrible though. You have to at least admit that.

imbondz
11-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Grow up people.

Maybe he doesn't deserve a huge contract.... maybe he does, but to call him out like he just banged your girlfriend is ridiculous.

LOL!

Extremebillsfan247
11-28-2011, 04:32 AM
It's not exclusive to Buffalo though, fans across the league do it. Both the local and national media circuit are also ripping him.
Here is my opinion on it: He's acknowledged that he made a mistake, the team lost, so he's just going to have to live with the consequences for awhile. No post on any message board is going to change that I don't think. If the Bills would have won this game, everybody would be singing a different tune about that TD celebration and I'd guarantee it. But when a player tries to showboat, he just makes himself a bigger target when things go wrong. That's just the way it is.

Night Train
11-28-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm calling him out for planning a TD celebration in bad taste that cost his team yardage and perhaps a TD.

I'll call out idiots like SJ 10 out of 10 times. He obviously has learned nothing.

ZEUS
11-28-2011, 04:58 AM
No one wants to play in Buffalo because it's an overtaxed, dump of a dying city. With really bad weather.

YardRat
11-28-2011, 05:10 AM
http://www.poker-dude.com/images/medium/Poker_Jewelry_lapel_spade_MED.gif

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Thurm getting soft in his old age.

Billz_fan
11-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Berman and Jackson ripping him up on the Blitz. Telling him he needs to mature and cut the crap basically. Saying he is a fine talent yet he cost his team the game momentum and possibly the game.

2slowtogofast
11-28-2011, 05:50 AM
If your stupid enough to fall down again after you know its a penalty you derserve to be called out. An really 12 years or however long it has been w/o playoffs is no cause for celebration.

YardRat
11-28-2011, 05:57 AM
QUIT PICKING ON STEVIE !!

http://www.maniacworld.com/stop-picking-on-britney.jpg

jamze132
11-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Really isn't any excuse for him dropping that ball in the middle of the field like he did. Really isn't any excuse for him acting like a jackass after his TD, but I have to admit, I did chuckle a bit.

Captain Obvious
11-28-2011, 06:00 AM
Grow up people.

The gnashing of teeth on here is more than justified.. The Bills need to win out for your annual 10-6 prediction to come true

Johnny Bugmenot
11-28-2011, 06:00 AM
I don't know about you, but I don't think fans rightfully calling out the guy who dropped two game-winning touchdown passes in a row that would've put the team back in the playoff hunt has as much of an impact as... say... the fact that this team is about to go on year 12 with no playoffs, the weather here is lousy, the rate of injury here is way too high, and the fact that even if they stay healthy, most free agents (Barnett being an exception) have found this place to be a Bermuda Triangle where their talents disappear.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Maybe if he was a humble, greatful athlete like, say, Fred Jackson, David Nelson, just about anyone else on the Bills, we would feel bad for him. Instead, he has to act like a giant doucher after he scores a touchdown, and then drops a catch that likely would've led to a Buffalo TD, and a subsequent win.

Extremebillsfan247
11-28-2011, 06:13 AM
QUIT PICKING ON STEVIE !!

http://www.maniacworld.com/stop-picking-on-britney.jpg http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/uploads/terrell_cry.jpg:laughing:

don137
11-28-2011, 06:37 AM
I agree the TD celebration was stupid and the drop was very costly. However, the guy has owned Revis this year which i don't think any other receiver can say.
I blame the defense more than anything. Allowing the Jets to convert on multiple third and longs on the game winning drive is inexcusable.

kishoph
11-28-2011, 07:11 AM
No one wants to play in Buffalo because it's an overtaxed, dump of a dying city. With really bad weather.

I see DeBary is really booming.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/ctr3154.png

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2011, 09:07 AM
The gnashing of teeth on here is more than justified.. The Bills need to win out for your annual 10-6 prediction to come true
Yeah we should probably burn the guys house down for that celebration. That'll teach em....

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah we should probably burn the guys house down for that celebration. That'll teach em....

First, who said that?

Second, Stevie acted like a jerkoff with that endzone celebration. He acted like a jerkoff by dropping that pass. He acted like a jerkoff on Twitter after the drop, just like he did after the drop last year.

People want their team to win. If a player screws up, he's going to hear about it. It goes with the territory. If you're a pro athlete, you get paid lots and lots of money to play a game, but the disadvantage is that you piss off an entire region if you screw up. Deal with it or don't be a pro athlete.

This is the whole problem with Bills fans. If Stevie Johnson makes 2 of 3 catches, we beat the Steelers last year and the Jets this year. Why do we insist on defending players that keep us from winning?

Novacane
11-28-2011, 09:45 AM
First, who said that?

Second, Stevie acted like a jerkoff with that endzone celebration. He acted like a jerkoff by dropping that pass. He acted like a jerkoff on Twitter after the drop, just like he did after the drop last year.

People want their team to win. If a player screws up, he's going to hear about it. It goes with the territory. If you're a pro athlete, you get paid lots and lots of money to play a game, but the disadvantage is that you piss off an entire region if you screw up. Deal with it or don't be a pro athlete.

This is the whole problem with Bills fans. If Stevie Johnson makes 2 of 3 catches, we beat the Steelers last year and the Jets this year. Why do we insist on defending players that keep us from winning?

Loser Buffalo mentality

justasportsfan
11-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Stevie can dish it. He should be able to take it.

ZEUS
11-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I see DeBary is really booming.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/ctr3154.png

DeBary is a small residential town. That graph could represent any town or city in the U.S.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2011, 11:29 AM
First, who said that?

Hey you do your thing.

I can just see why players don't like it here.

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey you do your thing.

yeah, god forbid fans expect players to do the job they get paid millions to do. What the hell is wrong with them?

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
yeah, god forbid fans expect players to do the job they get paid millions to do. What the hell is wrong with them?
Ok cool. Lets compare him to Scott Norwood.

HAMMER
11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Grow up people.

The person acting like the jerkoff was the one you are defending. That celebration was pure jerkoff and the drop was bush league.

mrbojanglezs
11-28-2011, 11:35 AM
serious dude??? this is why people don't play here??

Have you ever seen a NY Jets fan or a Philadelphia Eagles fan all are worse than bills fans and the media is worse

How bout this for reasons people don't play here:

1) Owner/management that is known around the league to short change players and let players walk rather than pay them.

2) An organization that hasn't won in 12 years

3) An organization that can't draft good players

4) A city that has hardly anything that attracts to the majority culture of NFL athletes

5) Super High taxes in the state of NY

6) Cold weather with high winds and tons of snow

Just to name a few.....

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Ok cool. Lets compare him to Scott Norwood.

That's unfair to Scott Norwood. At least Norwood handled the pressure in the regular season. Stevie can't even do that.

If Stevie doesn't want to get compared to Norwood, then he needs to make those plays. Period.

jmb1099
11-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Professional athletes making millions of dollars don't really care what the average fan thinks. They may not want to come because of climate, money, or ownership, but what we think or how we feel about them is not part of the decision making process.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
most free agents (Barnett being an exception) have found this place to be a Bermuda Triangle where their talents disappear.

that's a coaching problem.

justasportsfan
11-28-2011, 01:13 PM
While I thought it was funny at first but I always been against excessive celebrations until you have the game won.

After that forget about it because a win doesn't mean anything until you actually win the sb.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Merrill Hodge just said he would kick johnson right off the team for pulling the **** he did yesterday and make an example of him. Antonio pierce blamed the defense for the loss.

I think what Steve did yesterday was very unprofessional of him and he needs to grow the **** up but people on here are overreacting. If the defense could stop anyone when they need to, neither of those passes happen. If they hold them to a field goal, Bills were in position to win the game. The defense blows, put the blame where it fully belongs, on the defense.

B-DON
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Merrill Hodge just said he would kick johnson right off the team for pulling the **** he did yesterday and make an example of him. Antonio pierce blamed the defense for the loss.

I think what Steve did yesterday was very unprofessional of him and he needs to grow the **** up but people on here are overreacting. If the defense could stop anyone when they need to, neither of those passes happen. If they hold them to a field goal, Bills were in position to win the game. The defense blows, put the blame where it fully belongs, on the defense.
Hoge is a joke just like his career was. He ripped tebow a new ******* and look how that's gone. Lol yea let's kick our only viable offensive threat off the team for a funny but maybe distasteful celebration. Get serious

SABURZFAN
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Grow up people.

they're not acting.

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Hoge is a joke just like his career was. He ripped tebow a new ******* and look how that's gone. Lol yea let's kick our only viable offensive threat off the team for a funny but maybe distasteful celebration. Get serious

that's the problem- our "only viable offensive threat" has cost us two wins in a year. What passes for "viable offensive threat" in Buffalo would be the 4th WR on a team with standards.

better days
11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
DeBary is a small residential town. That graph could represent any town or city in the U.S.

Well, having lived in Fla since 1984, I can say the ENTIRE State is going through hard times now.

No State in the Country has been harder hit than Fla with the collapse of the economy.

better days
11-28-2011, 03:02 PM

I heard someone on the Radio today say Bill Parcells would have kicked Suh off his team to set an example. I thought to myself that is TOTAL BS.

Parcells would have kicked some jag off the team to set an example, but if ANY player ever deserved to be kicked off a team for his behavior it would be LT & we know that NEVER happened, I don't remember Parcells even sitting Taylor for a game.

YardRat
11-28-2011, 03:05 PM
I heard someone on the Radio today say Bill Parcells would have kicked Suh off his team to set an example. I thought to myself that is TOTAL BS.

Parcells would have kicked some jag off the team to set an example, but if ANY player ever deserved to be kicked off a team for his behavior it would be LT & we know that NEVER happened, I don't remember Parcells even sitting Taylor for a game.

Parcells treated his players differently, depending on how valuable they were to the team. LT could get away with anything, a back-up would get tossed for being 30 seconds late for a meeting. Pretty sure he laid that out in an interview quite a few years ago.

DesertFox24
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Grow up people.

Agree. Also he has had the best numbers Revis has given up in a very long time.

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Agree. Also he has had the best numbers Revis has given up in a very long time.

once again, this is a Bills fan accepting mediocrity. Stevie Johnson fancies himself a star? Well, stars make that play.

Yeah, he lit up Revis early in the game but screwed up when it counted most.

Your post has earned the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61SObdSRaRL.gif

B-DON
11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
that's the problem- our "only viable offensive threat" has cost us two wins in a year. What passes for "viable offensive threat" in Buffalo would be the 4th WR on a team with standards.
Maybe if rayner knew how to kick, those 15 yards wouldn't of mattered. Plenty of teams get 15 yard penalties on kickoffs but their kicker actually kicks the ball 70 yards therefore negating a score or at least dramatically decreasing the opposing teams chances. No way did Stevie cost us that game. Maybe a better shot at winning the game but I don't think he woulda scored if he woulda caught the first ball. On the throw to the end zone, Stevie was open but fitz threw a horrid pass behind him yet Stevie takes all the blame. You're better than that OP

B-DON
11-28-2011, 08:23 PM
once again, this is a Bills fan accepting mediocrity. Stevie Johnson fancies himself a star? Well, stars make that play.

Yeah, he lit up Revis early in the game but screwed up when it counted most.

Your post has earned the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61SObdSRaRL.gif
It's far from accepting mediocrity. Stevie was one of the few bright spots yesterday against arguably the best player in the league. He dropped one pass which ive seen plenty of star players do. Dude is still young and only in his second year of actually playing. Give the guy a break.

BillsFever21
11-29-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree the TD celebration was stupid and the drop was very costly. However, the guy has owned Revis this year which i don't think any other receiver can say.
I blame the defense more than anything. Allowing the Jets to convert on multiple third and longs on the game winning drive is inexcusable.

He has owned Revis this year? Give me a break. He did decent on Sunday and caught some passes but didn't make any big plays. Even Revis will give up some catches. His average YPC was under 10. He played alright but he hardly OWNED him. And in the first game he didn't do squat.

Aside from all that and to the topic at hand of the original thread he does deserve bashing. This isn't the first time he has dropped a wide open game winning TD pass. Quit being a Buffalo apologist and call it like it is. A top WR doesn't drop as many passes as he does let alone ANOTHER game winning TD with the season on the line this time.

He's a decent WR but not elite. I would give him Top 5 #2 WR money and not a penny more then that. He isn't a #1 WR and has proven it over and over again.

dasaybz
11-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Grow up people.

People don't want to play here because they might get called out on some message board? Holy crap that is dumb.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Maybe if rayner knew how to kick, those 15 yards wouldn't of mattered. Plenty of teams get 15 yard penalties on kickoffs but their kicker actually kicks the ball 70 yards therefore negating a score or at least dramatically decreasing the opposing teams chances. No way did Stevie cost us that game. Maybe a better shot at winning the game but I don't think he woulda scored if he woulda caught the first ball. On the throw to the end zone, Stevie was open but fitz threw a horrid pass behind him yet Stevie takes all the blame. You're better than that OP

lmao- "stevie didn't cost us the game."

It's a team game- lots of guys have to screw up to lose. But Stevie had two opportunities to win the game and failed both times. That's something a 4th WR does, not the "only viable offensive threat."

And that throw to the endzone by Fitz wouldn't have mattered if Stevie had caught the first one THAT HIT HIM IN THE ****ING HANDS. Once again, this is a case of people picking their favorite players and defending them no matter how bad they screw up. It's about the team, not the individual player, and on Sunday Stevie didn't do what he had to in order to get the team a win.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 07:50 AM
It's far from accepting mediocrity. Stevie was one of the few bright spots yesterday against arguably the best player in the league. He dropped one pass which ive seen plenty of star players do. Dude is still young and only in his second year of actually playing. Give the guy a break.

the ONE pass was quite possibly the game winning TD, and at the very least, it greatly increases the possibility of getting a TD on subsequent plays. If Stevie only makes ONE play all game, it HAS to be that play.

It absolutely is accepting mediocrity to call what Stevie did on Sunday a "bright spot." Only someone with a loser Buffalo mentality would spew such nonsense. Stop using the other garbage players on our team as your benchmark and start using how guys on GOOD teams perform.

RedEyE
11-30-2011, 10:54 AM
I have to agree with Op here. Teams and players earn the respect and the advancement past mediocrity when they play at a higher level in adverse situations.

Every other play Stevie J did Sunday was instantly forgotten when he dropped that pass. Had he caught that play and the Bills won, his little end zone stunt would have been water off a ducks petunia - for fans anyway. But for the simple fact that he can't talk the talk and walk the walk, he gets the criticisim he deserves. To include his lack of abilities as a number 1 clutch receiver.

BillsFever21
11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Every player will drop a pass every now and then. This is the 2nd time he has dropped a game winning TD pass while he was wide open. It doesn't matter whether you are in your 2nd year or even a rookie. Them are passes you have to catch. Let alone it happening TWICE now.

Some players are clutch and come through in big situations or when the game is on the line. Johnson has had two chances for game winning TD's while he was wide open and dropped them both times.

There were other games where he wasn't able to make a difficult catch but still a ball that was catchable by a top WR. A couple of them were also in big moments of the game but not game winning TD's.

He has proven to fold under pressure and how many really tough catches can you remember him making? There aren't many I can think of off the top of my head if any. There have been many times he's had chances to make a tough catch but couldn't bring the ball in. A top #1 WR would make them catches a lot of the time.

For them reasons stated above he isn't worth Top 10 WR money. He is worth keeping around but not worth breaking the bank for. If he is willing to settle for Top 20 WR money without a ton of guaranteed money then it would be a great deal. If he is looking for 9+ million a year then he isn't worth the contract and it would be best served to franchise him for a year and see what happens and try to bring in another threat at the WR position.

Here is the salaries of the highest paid WR's I got from another website going into this season.

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/wide-receiver/

Do any of you really think he is on the level of these guys? If you do then that is being a total homer.

Outside of Fitzgerald making 20 million the next highest paid WR is Calvin Johnson at just under 9 million a year. Many of you here think Stevie Johnson is worth as much as Calvin Johnson is? The only things they have in common are they are the starting WR on their respective teams and their last name both end in Johnson.

This organization already screwed the pooch on the Fitzpatrick extension for big money. To put his contract in context Ben Roethlisberger is averaging just under 3 million more per year then Fitzpatrick with 12 more million in guaranteed money over an 8 year deal.

Would you rather have a 2-Time SB winning QB who has been to the playoffs in all but one of his seasons in the NFL for 3 million more a year or Fitzpatrick who has never even been to the playoffs or even have a winning record as a starter?

That is the problem with this team. They rarely pay for players and when they do they overpay for them and the ones that are worthy of the money they don't sign. Between them decisions and our horrible front office, coaching and drafting over the years it's no wonder why we continue to stink every year.

All that and yet some are ready to make Stevie Johnson a Top 5 paid WR and pay him as much or more then Calvin Johnson Andre Johnson along with other of the top WR's like Gregg Jennings, etc.

Gregg Jennings' contract extension after his rookie contract was for 3 years and 27 million. I guess many here feel he is on the same level as the rest of these guys.

By looking at the salaries how anybody couldn't feel that his worth isn't anymore then 6-7 million a year on average and thinks he should be paid more then the rest of them guys are just insane.

B-DON
11-30-2011, 07:32 PM
the ONE pass was quite possibly the game winning TD, and at the very least, it greatly increases the possibility of getting a TD on subsequent plays. If Stevie only makes ONE play all game, it HAS to be that play.

It absolutely is accepting mediocrity to call what Stevie did on Sunday a "bright spot." Only someone with a loser Buffalo mentality would spew such nonsense. Stop using the other garbage players on our team as your benchmark and start using how guys on GOOD teams perform.
So catching 7 balls and a td on revis is mediocre? Lmao. Get serious OP. So if he only made one play, that being the catch he dropped, he would of had a good game? I call bs on that. You still woulda complained that Stevie doesn't show up all game and him making one catch at the end of the game doesn't make up for the crap game he had previous to said catch. It's always a lose- lose situation with you. Without Stevie we aren't even that game Sunday and for you to say he woulda scored or the team woulda scored if he makes that catch is purely hypothetical. Try blaming the **** D or sorry a$$ Rayner. No way this loss is on Stevie.

B-DON
11-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Every player will drop a pass every now and then. This is the 2nd time he has dropped a game winning TD pass while he was wide open. It doesn't matter whether you are in your 2nd year or even a rookie. Them are passes you have to catch. Let alone it happening TWICE now.

Some players are clutch and come through in big situations or when the game is on the line. Johnson has had two chances for game winning TD's while he was wide open and dropped them both times.

There were other games where he wasn't able to make a difficult catch but still a ball that was catchable by a top WR. A couple of them were also in big moments of the game but not game winning TD's.

He has proven to fold under pressure and how many really tough catches can you remember him making? There aren't many I can think of off the top of my head if any. There have been many times he's had chances to make a tough catch but couldn't bring the ball in. A top #1 WR would make them catches a lot of the time.

For them reasons stated above he isn't worth Top 10 WR money. He is worth keeping around but not worth breaking the bank for. If he is willing to settle for Top 20 WR money without a ton of guaranteed money then it would be a great deal. If he is looking for 9+ million a year then he isn't worth the contract and it would be best served to franchise him for a year and see what happens and try to bring in another threat at the WR position.

Here is the salaries of the highest paid WR's I got from another website going into this season.

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/wide-receiver/

Do any of you really think he is on the level of these guys? If you do then that is being a total homer.

Outside of Fitzgerald making 20 million the next highest paid WR is Calvin Johnson at just under 9 million a year. Many of you here think Stevie Johnson is worth as much as Calvin Johnson is? The only things they have in common are they are the starting WR on their respective teams and their last name both end in Johnson.

This organization already screwed the pooch on the Fitzpatrick extension for big money. To put his contract in context Ben Roethlisberger is averaging just under 3 million more per year then Fitzpatrick with 12 more million in guaranteed money over an 8 year deal.

Would you rather have a 2-Time SB winning QB who has been to the playoffs in all but one of his seasons in the NFL for 3 million more a year or Fitzpatrick who has never even been to the playoffs or even have a winning record as a starter?

That is the problem with this team. They rarely pay for players and when they do they overpay for them and the ones that are worthy of the money they don't sign. Between them decisions and our horrible front office, coaching and drafting over the years it's no wonder why we continue to stink every year.

All that and yet some are ready to make Stevie Johnson a Top 5 paid WR and pay him as much or more then Calvin Johnson Andre Johnson along with other of the top WR's like Gregg Jennings, etc.

Gregg Jennings' contract extension after his rookie contract was for 3 years and 27 million. I guess many here feel he is on the same level as the rest of these guys.

By looking at the salaries how anybody couldn't feel that his worth isn't anymore then 6-7 million a year on average and thinks he should be paid more then the rest of them guys are just insane.
For you to try and compare contracts handed out in previous years is misleading and ridiculous. Contracts go up every year with the cap increase. Nice try though

BillsFever21
11-30-2011, 08:33 PM
For you to try and compare contracts handed out in previous years is misleading and ridiculous. Contracts go up every year with the cap increase. Nice try though
Of course salaries go up every year but it still doesn't put him as the 2nd highest paid WR in football like you feel he deserves to be.

Big deal he finally had a decent game last week and the one catch that mattered the most he choked on once again. There is a trend with that. He catches that pass and we win plain and simple. Clutch players come through in clutch moments.

And yay he finally caught a TD pass. He had one TD reception in the past 7 weeks before that and in six of the past 7 games he hasn't even averaged 10 yards a catch and in only 4 games all season has he had a reception for 20 yards or more and only 1 game in the past 7. He only has 4 games all season where he had more then 5 receptions in a game and he still doesn't have a 100 yard game this season.

He's an average WR but not a Top WR. He is worth keeping around but not as the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL. You wish to pay him top WR money though then that is your opinion.

The only WR stat he even ranks in the Top 10 for is receptions and he is currently ranked 10th. He is ranked 15th in TD's. He is ranked 20th in 1st down receptions. Outside of that isn't ranked even in the Top 20 in any other category.

He is ranked 25th in yards, and not even ranked in the Top 50 in YPC and YAC. If that constitutes somebody to be paid as one of the highest WR's in the NFL then there are about 30 other WR's that could share that same title.

He's only ranked in the Top 10 in one category and 15th in the other. The rest of them aren't even close. That obviously means Top WR money though in some Bills fans eyes just because he plays for them. That is the only difference between him and many other WR's. You wouldn't feel many of them other ones ahead of him are because they don't play for the Bills.

If Stevie Johnson is worth Top WR money then I guess David Nelson also is. His stats are close to Stevie Johnson's for the season. Granted he has been facing the #2 or #3 CB instead of the #1 or #2 but nonetheless he is almost on par with Johnson.

With his total stats it puts him as a Top 20 WR in the league. With the inflation of contracts that would put him at 6 or 7 million tops a year in reality. I guess in some people's eyes them stats make you a Top 5 WR though.

Beebe
11-30-2011, 10:58 PM
I think I know what MIKE SINGLETARY would of done.

B-DON
12-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Of course salaries go up every year but it still doesn't put him as the 2nd highest paid WR in football like you feel he deserves to be.

Big deal he finally had a decent game last week and the one catch that mattered the most he choked on once again. There is a trend with that. He catches that pass and we win plain and simple. Clutch players come through in clutch moments.

And yay he finally caught a TD pass. He had one TD reception in the past 7 weeks before that and in six of the past 7 games he hasn't even averaged 10 yards a catch and in only 4 games all season has he had a reception for 20 yards or more and only 1 game in the past 7. He only has 4 games all season where he had more then 5 receptions in a game and he still doesn't have a 100 yard game this season.

He's an average WR but not a Top WR. He is worth keeping around but not as the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL. You wish to pay him top WR money though then that is your opinion.

The only WR stat he even ranks in the Top 10 for is receptions and he is currently ranked 10th. He is ranked 15th in TD's. He is ranked 20th in 1st down receptions. Outside of that isn't ranked even in the Top 20 in any other category.

He is ranked 25th in yards, and not even ranked in the Top 50 in YPC and YAC. If that constitutes somebody to be paid as one of the highest WR's in the NFL then there are about 30 other WR's that could share that same title.

He's only ranked in the Top 10 in one category and 15th in the other. The rest of them aren't even close. That obviously means Top WR money though in some Bills fans eyes just because he plays for them. That is the only difference between him and many other WR's. You wouldn't feel many of them other ones ahead of him are because they don't play for the Bills.

If Stevie Johnson is worth Top WR money then I guess David Nelson also is. His stats are close to Stevie Johnson's for the season. Granted he has been facing the #2 or #3 CB instead of the #1 or #2 but nonetheless he is almost on par with Johnson.

With his total stats it puts him as a Top 20 WR in the league. With the inflation of contracts that would put him at 6 or 7 million tops a year in reality. I guess in some people's eyes them stats make you a Top 5 WR though.
First off, I highly encourage u to get ur facts straight. I never said he was a top 10 wr, never said he deserved top 3 money. I was arguing this game wasn't his fault and blame rayner for not knowing how to kickoff, not Stevie for a 15 yd penalty lol. But for the sake of it, Stevie does deserve middle of the road 1 wr money. No way there a 20 wr's that should be paid more than Stevie. Plain and simple this guy makes plays with sub par talent surrounding him. Fitzgerald doesn't look like the best wr in the game this year simply do to the talent around him. No before you go putting more words in my mouth, I'm not saying Stevie is on fitzs level but he is without a doubt a starting #1 wr and I bet you Revis agrees

OpIv37
12-01-2011, 07:12 AM
So catching 7 balls and a td on revis is mediocre? Lmao. Get serious OP. So if he only made one play, that being the catch he dropped, he would of had a good game? I call bs on that. You still woulda complained that Stevie doesn't show up all game and him making one catch at the end of the game doesn't make up for the crap game he had previous to said catch. It's always a lose- lose situation with you. Without Stevie we aren't even that game Sunday and for you to say he woulda scored or the team woulda scored if he makes that catch is purely hypothetical. Try blaming the **** D or sorry a$$ Rayner. No way this loss is on Stevie.

No, dropping the potential game-winning TD is mediocre. That's a play that star WR's make. He had 7 catches against Revis? So what? He needed to make 8 for us to win the game.

Do you see what you just did here? You made a guess on how I would have reacted to a hypothetical situation that never actually occurred, and then based your argument on your guess on how I would have reacted to something that never happened. That's an extremely weak debating technique.

And even if you were right, it's not about me. It's about winning football games. Try blaming the D or Rayner? Sure, they share some of the blame, but your inability to hold Stevie accountable shows what this is really about: you defending your favorite player no matter how bad he screws up.

Stevie didn't do what it took to win on Sunday. It's as simple as that.

better days
12-01-2011, 08:35 AM
No, dropping the potential game-winning TD is mediocre. That's a play that star WR's make. He had 7 catches against Revis? So what? He needed to make 8 for us to win the game.

Do you see what you just did here? You made a guess on how I would have reacted to a hypothetical situation that never actually occurred, and then based your argument on your guess on how I would have reacted to something that never happened. That's an extremely weak debating technique.

And even if you were right, it's not about me. It's about winning football games. Try blaming the D or Rayner? Sure, they share some of the blame, but your inability to hold Stevie accountable shows what this is really about: you defending your favorite player no matter how bad he screws up.

I just read that Brandon Marshall dropped 5 TD passes this year. I have heard him called a star.

OpIv37
12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I just read that Brandon Marshall dropped 5 TD passes this year. I have heard him called a star.

Come on, man. You know I'm not going to buy the "well he did it too!" excuse. Someone else's failure is no excuse for our guys to fail as well.

THATHURMANATOR
12-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Yep lets cut Steve Johnson. We are so stacked at WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OpIv37
12-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Yep lets cut Steve Johnson. We are so stacked at WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one said "cut."

"Replace," or "add someone better and demote" should be what happens. If it doesn't, well, expect more games to be pissed away. Again, it's just that simple. Stevie doesn't do what it takes to win games, and we can't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

better days
12-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Come on, man. You know I'm not going to buy the "well he did it too!" excuse. Someone else's failure is no excuse for our guys to fail as well.

My point is MOST WR's aside from Jerry Rice drop Balls, even the stars. TO & Moss both have had many big drops.

OpIv37
12-01-2011, 09:14 AM
My point is MOST WR's aside from Jerry Rice drop Balls, even the stars. TO & Moss both have had many big drops.

They've also had many big TD catches. You can't compare the bad things Stevie has done with the bad things TO and Moss have done until Stevie also starts emulating the good things that they do.

Coach Sal
12-01-2011, 09:49 AM

The "no one wants to play in Buffalo" thing is not nearly as true as some people want to believe. And if any player doesn't/hasn't wanted to, to suggest it's because of the fans? Come on.

Fred Jackson clearly wants to stay in Buffalo.
Ryan Fitzpatrick obviously wanted to stay in Buffalo.
Many other players have told the media publicly, and I've had conversations privately with those same players and others who want to stay in Buffalo.

It may be tough to get players from other teams here due to reputation of organization, $$ org doesn't spend to get them here, weather, facilities compared to other teams who may want them, high NYS taxes, etc..

But players who ARE here already? Not many actually just "don't want to play here." Who? McGahee? Lynch? Whitner? Even those guys for the most part, if they didn't want to be in Buffalo, it wasn't due to anything the fans did.

As far as SJ13. He wants to stay in Buffalo. Whether you think or the FO thinks he's worth whatever it is he wants to stay, that's a different issue. But he WANTS to stay in Buffalo. He and his family like it here. He doesn't even know who Bob Costas is (for real). Why would he care or pay attention to fans ripping him on message boards and then wanting out because of it?!

THATHURMANATOR
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
The "no one wants to play in Buffalo" thing is not nearly as true as some people want to believe. And if any player doesn't/hasn't wanted to, to suggest it's because of the fans? Come on.

Fred Jackson clearly wants to stay in Buffalo.
Ryan Fitzpatrick obviously wanted to stay in Buffalo.
Many other players have told the media publicly, and I've had conversations privately with those same players and others who want to stay in Buffalo.

It may be tough to get players from other teams here due to reputation of organization, $$ org doesn't spend to get them here, weather, facilities compared to other teams who may want them, high NYS taxes, etc..

But players who ARE here already? Not many actually just "don't want to play here." Who? McGahee? Lynch? Whitner? Even those guys for the most part, if they didn't want to be in Buffalo, it wasn't due to anything the fans did.

As far as SJ13. He wants to stay in Buffalo. Whether you think or the FO thinks he's worth whatever it is he wants to stay, that's a different issue. But he WANTS to stay in Buffalo. He and his family like it here. He doesn't even know who Bob Costas is (for real). Why would he care or pay attention to fans ripping him on message boards and then wanting out because of it?!
Not my point. Fans being DOUCHEBAGS doesn't make this cold, high tax having city any more desireable...

Coach Sal
12-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Not my point. Fans being DOUCHEBAGS doesn't make this cold, high tax having city any more desireable...

Your point isn't that fans and their reactions and attitudes towards players have an impact on their decisions on whether they want to play in Buffalo?!

I addressed that.

The thread title is, "Now wonder why no one wants to play here," referring to some fans acting like D-Bags.

You can't point to any examples where that's been the case or is the case now.

And since you specifically pointed to the SJ situation and fans' reactions, I'm telling you that's not the case with him, either.

I actually agree with you that many fans are going overboard about this. BUT, you are also going overboard in thinking these same fans have an impact on SJ (or anyone else) deciding to stay in Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
12-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh ok the hundreds of people tweeting him directly with derogatory messages don't influence a player in a negative manner. Get serious. I understand you have a radio show and have some interaction with these guys but honestly to think that seeing those messages doesnt enter a guys mind somewhat doesn't make sense to me. I know it would bug the crap out of me.

stuckincincy
12-01-2011, 12:58 PM

There are 32 x 53 = 1,696 roster player jobs in the NFL, plus PS spots. All pay an astounding rate top to bottom.

There are tens of thousands of available players out there competing every year, with every fresh college crop, plus vets sitting on their couches.

IMO, 99%+ are happy to get a gig. Nobody turns down the cash - however they may posture - because of a team or location. The spots are too dear, and the money is always big.

better days
12-01-2011, 01:08 PM
There are 32 x 53 = 1,696 roster player jobs in the NFL, plus PS spots. All pay an astounding rate top to bottom.

There are tens of thousands of available players out there competing every year, with every fresh college crop, plus vets sitting on their couches.

IMO, 99%+ are happy to get a gig. Nobody turns down the cash - however they may posture - because of a team or location. The spots are too dear, and the money is always big.

Well, the lesser players have to take what they can get. The GOOD players get to pick & choose where they want to play when their contract is up.

Coach Sal
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh ok the hundreds of people tweeting him directly with derogatory messages don't influence a player in a negative manner. Get serious. I understand you have a radio show and have some interaction with these guys but honestly to think that seeing those messages doesnt enter a guys mind somewhat doesn't make sense to me. I know it would bug the crap out of me.

I can only speak on the players I've had conversations with. And from those, no it doesn't.

They get just as much, if not more, from fans from all over the league. It just goes with the territory. And most get that. Most understand that if they put themselves out there they are inviting criticism when they screw up. And they expect to get that.

I've seen some of the comments people write to them and many are FAR, FAR more sinister than saying a guy sucks because he drops a ball. But that's only on twitter. Most players don't even use it/have an account or don't even use their own account.

Some guys I've talked to actually laugh more at some of the comments they get than take them with any type of seriousness or let it bother them.

But, again, I'll say: if this is the case, why has Fred clearly tried to stay here? Why has Fitz signed a deal to stay here? Why does SJ want to stay here?

If players really let those kinds of fan comments influence their business decisions to stay in Buffalo (or anywhere for that matter), they most likely probably aren't even mentally/emotionally capable/tough enough of playing in the league....and we'd have A LOT more player movement around the NFL than we do each year. It happens everywhere.

B-DON
12-01-2011, 01:48 PM

First off where did I ever say Stevie was a star? Or my favorite player? I simply stated he isn't mediocre like you've been misled to believe and dropping two passes in no way makes him mediocre. You see what youre doing, u are in the mind set that if Stevie makes that first catch then we win the game which is far from the truth. Take away stevies first td and we don't have a shot at this game. I think Stevie gets some blame but so do 52 other players and heading that list would be Rayner and the D yet you want to focus on the one mistake Stevie made and ignore all the good things he did. That's asinine. Show me one other mediocre wr that does that well against Revis. You won't find one. U seem ignore the fact this is only Stevies second year actually playing. Give the guy time. Plenty of wr had the dropsies early in their careers and went on to be studs. T.O. And Chris Carter instantly come to mind

OpIv37
12-01-2011, 01:58 PM
First off where did I ever say Stevie was a star? Or my favorite player? I simply stated he isn't mediocre like you've been misled to believe and dropping two passes in no way makes him mediocre. You see what youre doing, u are in the mind set that if Stevie makes that first catch then we win the game which is far from the truth. Take away stevies first td and we don't have a shot at this game. I think Stevie gets some blame but so do 52 other players and heading that list would be Rayner and the D yet you want to focus on the one mistake Stevie made and ignore all the good things he did. That's asinine. Show me one other mediocre wr that does that well against Revis. You won't find one. U seem ignore the fact this is only Stevies second year actually playing. Give the guy time. Plenty of wr had the dropsies early in their careers and went on to be studs. T.O. And Chris Carter instantly come to mind

Actually- it was two mistakes- the drop and the penalty.

Second, while other players made mistakes, none of those mistakes are so easily tied to what happened at the end of the game.

Third, I think you are completely understating the importance of that catch. I believe Stevie would have scored if he had made it, but at the very least, it makes a touchdown on a subsequent play much easier.

And it doesn't matter how well he did against Revis. This is where the "accepting mediocrity" comes in. "Oh, the dumb penalty and the drop don't matter because he put up numbers against Revis." Who gives a ****? He failed when it counted most. Numbers mean nothing if they don't lead to wins.

And there are plenty more WR's who had the dropsies that were out of the league in a year. But hey, when all else fails, fall back on the Billszone mantra of using the exception to prove the rule.

B-DON
12-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Second, while other players made mistakes, none of those mistakes are so easily tied to what happened at the end of the game.

Third, I think you are completely understating the importance of that catch. I believe Stevie would have scored if he had made it, but at the very least, it makes a touchdown on a subsequent play much easier.

And it doesn't matter how well he did against Revis. This is where the "accepting mediocrity" comes in. "Oh, the dumb penalty and the drop don't matter because he put up numbers against Revis." Who gives a ****? He failed when it counted most. Numbers mean nothing if they don't lead to wins.

And there are plenty more WR's who had the dropsies that were out of the league in a year. But hey, when all else fails, fall back on the Billszone mantra of using the exception to prove the rule.
I don't believe Stevie would of scored so we will have to agree to disagree. The penalty would have been irrelevant if Rayner makes a kickoff a high school kid could make and without stevie's performance that game we aren't even in the game. So keep pretending that Stevie is mediocre and I'll keep pretending like u know what you're talking about.

B-DON
12-01-2011, 04:54 PM

Also, just because his mistake was at the end of the game doesn't make it bigger or worse than mistakes made earlier in the game. What a ****ty logic that holds no weight. A mistake is a mistake no matter when it happened. To say stevies mistake was worse than Rayners is wrong IMO

Philagape
12-01-2011, 06:07 PM
The penalty would have been irrelevant if Rayner makes a kickoff a high school kid could make

It was because of the penalty that they called the squib, FYI

B-DON
12-01-2011, 06:18 PM
It was because of the penalty that they called the squib, FYI
So that excuses the ****ty kick? Even worse, why the hell call a squib. Just kick the damn ball off. That's a mistake on Gailey's end too