PDA

View Full Version : Positives and Negatives from yesterday.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2011, 06:25 AM
I'll start with the positives that I took from yesterday's tough loss:

1.) Fitz showed that he can actually play well against the Jets and their very tough pass D.

2.) I thought the O-line did a very nice job of keeping from getting Fitz killed. They did give up 3 sacks, but it could've been a lot worse.

3.) CJ Spiller actually impressed me, even though his YPC wasn't the greatest. He picked up tough yards when needed, and worked hard for every yard gained. Now if he could mix in a big run or two, we'll be talking.

4.) Scott Chandler is a beast. You can't cover him. Why he's not thrown the ball every time is beyond me. He looks like a giant being covered by midgets out there. He NEVER drops the ball either. NEVER. I really hope they keep him around, and throw him the ball more. He can be a matchup nightmare if the Bills wanted him to be.

5.) Stevie showed up and played a very good game (until the drop, which I'll never mention again) and actually made Revis look silly on a few routes. If he could just grow up a bit, and tone down his antics, he'd be so much better.

Negatives:

1.) The stupid penalties took the place of turnovers today. WTF Pears, how many 15 yard penalties are you going to take? The crappy thing is, Gailey couldn't pull him and sit him as punishment because the backup RT was probably Ubrick.

2.) Rayner. WTF are you doing on that kickoff? I want to hear an explanation if it was the dumbest onside sneak in history, or if he shanked it. Either way, WTF.

3.) The Bills controlled the game, dominated TOP, and really held the Jets fairly well throughout the game. I don't think I've ever seen the Bills force that many 3 and outs vs a Rex Ryan team. Unfortunately, the defense, once again in true Bills fashion, crapped the bed at the end, and let Sanchez march down the field and win the game. @#%#R%

4.) George Richards, or whatever our DC's name is, is a moron. Why do you blitz Drayton Florence, who's been possibly the player of the game up until the end because of his coverage, with the game on the line? It's the equivalent of dropping Bruce Smith into coverage on 3rd and 15. Exactly.

5.) Once again, the Bills had zero pass rush. Was Sanchez even knocked down once yesterday? I'd say they need to blitz more, but that's pointless because every Bills blitz seems to be designed to have defenders running straight into blockers.

2.) The

kishoph
11-28-2011, 07:18 AM
I totally agree with your post FORWARD, other than GEORGE EDWARDS never having the right Defense called or his players being terribly coached, I thought the BILLS played a good game where they should of come away with the victory. Fire GEORGE EDWARDS, ASAP.

Historian
11-28-2011, 08:22 AM
At least we played a competitive game, and didn't get blown out again...

SabreEleven
11-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Fitz had good game (like Stevie) until it came down to when it really mattered. Stevie dropped a ball and it was one play. Fitz missed a WIDE open Stevie in the end zone.