PDA

View Full Version : Washington fires their coach

2slowtogofast
11-28-2011, 07:25 AM
anyone surprised? I am a little did't think it would be this soon

hydro
11-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Ovenchicken isn't getting it done and the coach is probably half the problem. Little surprised when I heard last night that he would be gone in a day or two though.

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 08:28 AM
there has been talk that this was going to happen in the DC area for a few weeks now. They lost 6-3 on Fri to the Rangers then 5-1 to us the following night. Giving up 11 goals in 2 games must have been the last straw.

To make things worse, rumor is that Ovechkin was frustrated with Boudreau and had basically tuned him out. Seems like this one is on the players more than the coach, but you can't fire all the players and Ovie is only a year or two into a huge deal so they're stuck with him.

SkateZilla
11-28-2011, 10:43 AM
ovie has been playing like crap all year, and to be honest, he can stay that way... , least when we play the caps.

SkateZilla
11-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Carolina's coach is gone too.

Lindy should be panicking.

Cleve
11-28-2011, 10:49 AM
haha, The Amerks took out Bruce Boudreau. Losing to a primarily AHL team was the last straw for Washington's owners I guess.

SkateZilla
11-28-2011, 11:57 AM
A lot of teams lost to the amerks when we came out of lockout.

this season is starting to look like that one, we will win more games and play better w/ 35+% of our starting lineup on IR again.

Hopefully some players get a wake up call, after being shown up by their replacements.

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 12:30 PM
haha, The Amerks took out Bruce Boudreau. Losing to a primarily AHL team was the last straw for Washington's owners I guess.

The ironic part is that the Caps probably would have won if our regulars had played instead of our Rochester guys.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
11-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Carolina's coach is gone too.

Lindy should be panicking.

“Lindy ain't going anywhere!" ~ Terry Pegula

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 03:25 PM
“Lindy ain't going anywhere!" ~ Terry Pegula

link?

SabreEleven
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
They'll never fire Lindy unless they finish in last place for 5 straight years.

SkateZilla
11-28-2011, 04:18 PM
we came close to that about a decade ago

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
11-28-2011, 05:56 PM
link?

http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/all_news/534347/terry-pegula-introduced-as-sabres-owner/

OpIv37
11-29-2011, 06:42 AM
http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/all_news/534347/terry-pegula-introduced-as-sabres-owner/

Wow, I'm dealing with a regular rocket surgeon here.

That link is from February when Pegula first officially took over. Just because he said it back then- LAST season- doesn't mean anything about THIS season or anything in the future. People were wondering if Lindy would be forced out with Quinn and Golisano gone, and Pegula had to address it. All it meant was that Pegula intended on keeping Lindy through the ownership transition-nothing more.

Now, the Sabres did just crush the Caps and have had a lot of injuries to deal with, so I would be shocked to see Lindy fired at this point. But if this skid continues into January and/or we miss the playoffs, Pegula damn well better at least consider firing Lindy to shake things up.

SkateZilla
11-29-2011, 09:19 AM
technically every GM/Owner says that when they sign the contract, as its a contract and not a simple job offer sheet. But once a coach loses the players the GM/Owner has the right to terminate the contract (depending on the contract, payout the rest of the term or not).

rbochan
12-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Ducks hire Boudreau as head coach, dump Carlyle

"It didn't take Bruce Boudreau long to find another job.

Boudreau was hired as the new head coach of the Anaheim Ducks late Wednesday, replacing Randy Carlyle, who coached the Ducks to their only Stanley Cup title. The announcement from the Ducks came less than an hour after Carlyle led the Ducks to a 4-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens..."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011/12/01/sp-nhl-ducks-boudreau-carlyle.html

2slowtogofast
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I was surprised he got picked up soo quickly. It always amazes me how one team can fire someone for poor performance and another team scoops them right up