PDA

View Full Version : 15 teams in the NFL at 5 wins or less

Extremebillsfan247
11-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Last year there were only 6 teams with 5 wins or less. This year there are 15 including the Bills. Now, I realize this season isn't concluded yet. But why are so many teams having bad years? Is it new rules? something the competition committee needs to look into?, is it an effect of the lockout? What do you think? Maybe I'm hitting on nothing here, but it just seems odd from my point of view.

PTI
11-28-2011, 10:15 AM
For one, this would be expected coming into the season after the lockoout, many new coaches, new QBs, and the cream of the crop with a lot of continuity taking advantage of this as well. The better teams with better depth are winning the games.

mrbojanglezs
11-28-2011, 11:42 AM
there are still 5 gams left there probably will only be about 6-7 teams left after those 5 games

maybe GB going undefeated has something to do with that....those wins have to be losses for other teams

Johnny Bugmenot
11-28-2011, 11:52 AM
This is pretty close to normal. Ideally, 16 should have 5 or less, and 16 should have 6 or more. Last year, you had a lot of slightly-above-.500 teams, but to make up for it they had a handful of teams like the Bills that were near the bottom to even out the balance. This year, not so much.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
How would the Bills be sitting draft wise without those 3 fluke wins?

PTI
11-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Bills are about to be lost. Not nearly as bad as Philly and San Diego. No way those two teams can retain their coaches IMO. Bills really need to consider dumping Gailey, especially if there are no more wins this season and they really consider a QB in round 1.

Extremebillsfan247
11-28-2011, 12:32 PM
there are still 5 gams left there probably will only be about 6-7 teams left after those 5 games

maybe GB going undefeated has something to do with that....those wins have to be losses for other teamsYeah, your probably right. Maybe it all balances out by seasons end.

RedEyE
11-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Are the Bills mathmatically out of it? No.

But let's be realistic.

The Bills are 3 games back off 1st in the division. Dolphins, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers and Titans - ALL AFC games means they would basically have to win out.

Even at 10-6 the Bills would need a lot of help in making a Wild Card.