What will make you think this season is a success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

What will make you think this season is a success?

Let's face it, playoffs are pretty much out of the picture, unless the Bills run the table and a few teams choke.

What are you hoping for the rest of the season, to make it a success? I'd still like to see 8-8. I think a 4 win improvement over last season is very good.

I obviously want to see the Bills pay the Dolphins back and mud stomp them in 2 weeks. I want to see Tim Tebow get crucified on Christmas Eve.

It would also be sweet if the Bills swept the Pats, but that might be asking for too much.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: What will make you think this season is a success?

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
    Let's face it, playoffs are pretty much out of the picture, unless the Bills run the table and a few teams choke.

What are you hoping for the rest of the season, to make it a success? I'd still like to see 8-8. I think a 4 win improvement over last season is very good.

I obviously want to see the Bills pay the Dolphins back and mud stomp them in 2 weeks. I want to see Tim Tebow get crucified on Christmas Eve.

It would also be sweet if the Bills swept the Pats, but that might be asking for too much.
    I just want to see EXCITING Football the rest of the season, like yesterdays game. It would be GREAT to see the Bills sweep the Pats*, that would make the season for me.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

8-8 and no worse than 3-3 in the division.

I'd also like to see the D tighten up and show some semblance of a pass rush, and I'd like to see Spiller show he belongs in the NFL now that he has the opportunity.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• delectrolux
        • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37

I'd also like to see the D tighten up and show some semblance of a pass rush, and I'd like to see Spiller show he belongs in the NFL now that he has the opportunity.
        This is exactly what I'd like to see too. I would be excited for next year with this result.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

Give me 2 more wins. If they did nothing else this year, going 7-9 is a decent improvement over 4-12. JMO

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37

I think Spiller played well yesterday considering he had no holes to run through. I doubt he puts up big numbers the rest of the year behind this OL, but he kept some drives alive by making the 1st down & caught a few balls.

I can't wait to see what he does next year behind a decent OL.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

If Ralph cleans house & gets rid of Nix & Gailey.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

if the powers that be use this season to realize we need

2OLBS desperately

2WRS desperately

then it will be a sucess

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
                  If Ralph cleans house & gets rid of Nix & Gailey.

ridiculous

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

There is no way for this season to be a success at this point. It only can be judged a complete failure.

Some things I would like to see however are:
                    1) Spiller show he can be a lead NFL back
                    2) Johnson to mature and worry more about the game than his antics
                    3) Aaron Williams to get a lot of playing time and progress into a decent starter
                    4) See above for Kelvin Sheppard
                    5) George Edwards fired

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                      if the powers that be use this season to realize we need

2OLBS desperately

2WRS desperately

then it will be a sucess
                      An OT or two wouldn't hurt either. Preferably a LT, but if they could get a VERY GOOD RT in the draft, I would settle for that.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        There is no way for this season to be a success at this point. It only can be judged a complete failure.

Some things I would like to see however are:
                        1) Spiller show he can be a lead NFL back
                        2) Johnson to mature and worry more about the game than his antics
                        3) Aaron Williams to get a lot of playing time and progress into a decent starter
                        4) See above for Kelvin Sheppard
                        5) George Edwards fired
                        Are you serious? Why is it a complete failure? Can you honestly say that before the season you expected the Bills to win 11 or more games and make the playoffs? Because that's very likely how many wins it will take.

Comment

• bf1
                          • Oct 2010

Are you serious? Why is it a complete failure? Can you honestly say that before the season you expected the Bills to win 11 or more games and make the playoffs? Because that's very likely how many wins it will take.
                          Talent wise, do you see any progress? I see the same old team, just with better game planning from Chan. I think Chan squeezed all of the water out of this rock. Now it's up to Bumbling Buddy to wake the f up and get some real bonafide talent on this team. No more Merriman type experiments.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

All I wanted was improvement. Signs of moving the right direction. Although it started that way, we now know that Gailey is not a miracle worker. He can only do so much with a bunch of nobodies. We're going to need more talent and a better DC.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

I believe any season that the team is not either a Super Bowl contender or shows signs of becoming one in the not too distant future is a complete failure. The goal should always be to field a Super Bowl winning team & anything else IS a failure.
                              I go to just about every home game and while a win is nice to leave the stadium & the nearly 300 mile trip is a lot more pleasant after a win, I just can't see how anyone can be satisfied with a team that has no chance of being a Super Bowl contender now & in the forseeable future. That good feeling after a win is soon replaced with the reality that my team isn't very good.
                              Herm Edwards had it all wrong =for the NFL players (remember something-we're just fans with no ability to win or lose any games) you don't "Play to win the game." What NFL players play for, besides the $, is to win a championship. That's why there ARE meaningless games in the NFL, and unfortunately, the Bills play in far too many of them come December.

Comment

Working...
                              X