X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Young CBs Performed

A positive out of this game is that the young CBs performed really well I thought.

Rogers and Williams were making a lot of plays and showed real good coverage on their WRs.

I think we might have 2 really good players there going forward.

Florence was good yesterday too...
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Young CBs Performed

Williams made a few mistakes, but he did play better than McKelvin's been playing.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Williams sucked IMO. Most 3rd down pass conversions, not to mention the TD pass at the end, were on his guy. I think he'll be good, but needs a ton more experience. Is it insane I was asking for where McKelvin was?

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
        Williams sucked IMO. Most 3rd down pass conversions, not to mention the TD pass at the end, were on his guy. I think he'll be good, but needs a ton more experience. Is it insane I was asking for where McKelvin was?
        I didn't see that at all. I saw them making plays all over the field and that was when Sanchez had several seconds to throw.

The TD at the end can't be blamed on anyone from the secondary. We blitzed, didn't get there and gave Sanchez all the time he needed to wait on his WRs to get open.

You can't cover for that long...

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
          • Feb 2009

I agree, both played very well considering there rookies. If they continue this play the rest of the season not only will it help us win some games, but it will ease my concerns going into the offseason about the position. I really liked how Rodgers played, looked like a young Greer out there.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

hard to tell in that game. Sanchez was so inaccurate that they could kind of roam around and had passes thrown behind the receiver. Rogers wouldn't have made that goal line break up if it was thrown well.

It did give me hope that it still is about getting quality LB's into the unit so that the CB's aren't in coverage for weeks at a time.

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

I cant figure out wy we can't cover a frgin TE....................

How many years have we been saying this...........
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                • Jan 2010

rodgers made a great play diving in front of a pass in the endzone to break it up.

Williams looked good, but its obvious he is a rookie and he made mistakes. Although he shows promise and I think he will be a good corner for us. At least he seems smart, I think that is Mckelvin's main problem is his lack of smart play

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

To add to this thread,

I thought Hairston and the rest of the OL had a really strong game in pass protection. They gave Fitz a pocket to step up into all day which gave Stevie time to lose Revis.

Despite the losing streak, I think we have some future starters on this team.

Brad Smith
                  Hairston
                  Williams
                  Rogers
                  Searcy looked good too
                  Shepp has been ok, hard to tell though when our DL is being knocked off the ball
                  Chambers looks very tough to cover

If only we can find an OLB that can do something.... anything

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    To add to this thread,

I thought Hairston and the rest of the OL had a really strong game in pass protection. They gave Fitz a pocket to step up into all day which gave Stevie time to lose Revis.

Despite the losing streak, I think we have some future starters on this team.

Brad Smith
                    Hairston
                    Williams
                    Rogers
                    Searcy looked good too
                    Shepp has been ok, hard to tell though when our DL is being knocked off the ball
                    Chambers looks very tough to cover

If only we can find an OLB that can do something.... anything
                    I think Nix's last draft was great, his 2010 draft is looking more and more like a complete failure.

If Nix can repeat or improve upon this past draft with the next one we will be in good shape.

Pass rushers, big fast WR, another CB or two are all areas i'd like to see addressed

Comment

• PTI
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Well, Sanchez was getting over 230 yards a game and he had 181. I know the 4 TDs are not good. The Jets receivers made some really great catches.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

I think our failures on pass defense have stemmed largely from a complete lack of a pass rush, and not so much because of our secondary play. Sanchez had all day to throw yesterday. I'm on board with adding another rookie CB next year to replace McGee, but our lack of pass rush is what's killing us.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
                          I think Nix's last draft was great, his 2010 draft is looking more and more like a complete failure.

If Nix can repeat or improve upon this past draft with the next one we will be in good shape.

Pass rushers, big fast WR, another CB or two are all areas i'd like to see addressed
                          Last year around this time people thought guys like Moats and Troupe were players with a future . . .

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                            Last year around this time people thought guys like Moats and Troupe were players with a future . . .
                            They still are.
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

Considering the pass rush our backend played really well. Searcy, despite his blown coverage, was pretty good for a guy playing his 2nd game. Like Williams as well. If we had a pass rush they would've looked even better, Sanchez would've never been able to scramble for that TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X