X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Stevie Johnson with Donald Jones and me at TGIFs tonight

I know it's kind of awkward to promote that right now, but just got confirmation. So, sorry for the late notice, but Bills WR Stevie Johnson will be our guest tonight on Out Of Bounds at TGIF's at Blvd. Mall! 7pm starts taping with media segment, then Stevie. Stay to meet, take pics, get autographs.

I'll definitely be asking him about all that went on in the game, including the celebration, the penalty, the passes at the end, etc..

Again, sorry for the late notice, but if you're interested, come on down. Hope to see you there. Thanks!
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Re: Stevie Johnson with Donald Jones and me at TGIFs tonight

I'm sure the jokes are going to come, "make sure he doesn't drop his drink, etc, etc....

So, heck, just come on down.

:)
    Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Damn! And I can't make it this week.

It will be a great show.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I would like to hear what he thinks he's worth. The kid has talent but he's in no way an elite reciever at this stage of the game. I would say he's in the Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Gibson, Early Doucet class, which is third tier IMO.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by King Bedard
          I would like to hear what he thinks he's worth. The kid has talent but he's in no way an elite reciever at this stage of the game. I would say he's in the Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Gibson, Early Doucet class, which is third tier IMO.
          Not sure if I could get an answer asking that way.....but maybe asking how he'd feel about being franchised? If he's comparable to franchised WRs?
          Click to listen:

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

dude is puttin on the PR spin to save face from yesterday
            thats ok
            its needed shows hes not hiding
            Last edited by THE END OF ALL DAYS; 11-28-2011, 04:13 PM.
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Coach Sal
              Not sure if I could get an answer asking that way.....but maybe asking how he'd feel about being franchised? If he's comparable to franchised WRs?
              My thought process here was at the beginning of the season he was probably looking to be paid like a top 15 receiver. This season has definitely changed that. Obviously a tough question to pose.

I would say something along the lines of you are one of the few receivers who had some success against Revis, do you think facing him twice this year gave you an edge? Where do you think you stack up against the other receivers in the east.

But you're the pro Sal.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Is this interview confirmed? He might be on the wrong page.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                  • Jun 2003

To say Stevie Johnson is at the same level as Gaffney, Gibson and Doucet is insane to me.
                  www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

hence, the dilemma in which this team always seems to find themselves.

He's 3rd tier league-wide, but 1st tier compared to the other WR's on this team.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      hence, the dilemma in which this team always seems to find themselves.

He's 3rd tier league-wide, but 1st tier compared to the other WR's on this team.
                      Except that it's just not true.

Stevie was 10th among WRs in receptions last year. He's 11th this year.

At his position he is 1st tier, top 2nd at worst. The guy is a number one WR. Is he immature? hell yes, but there are not many players that have the talent to put up 70+ yards and TD on Revis.
                      www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

I really don't like that he's blaming that drop to him and Fitz being on the wrong page. I take his word that he was expecting the ball a little later in the route but it still hit him right in the hands. If that's not a drop I don't know what is.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ZacGriffi~82
                          Except that it's just not true.

Stevie was 10th among WRs in receptions last year. He's 11th this year.

At his position he is 1st tier, top 2nd at worst. The guy is a number one WR. Is he immature? hell yes, but there are not many players that have the talent to put up 70+ yards and TD on Revis.
                          what about yards and TDs? And what about clutch ability? There are more that goes into being a WR than just reception numbers.

A guy who's 3rd or 4th on the depth chart is going to drop passes like that from time to time. A guy that's first needs to make that catch EVERY time, or else he shouldn't be first.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                            • Aug 2008

Comparing Steve Johnson to Brandon Gibson, Jabar Gaffney and Early Doucet might be the single dumbest comment I've ever read in my life.
                            Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 11-28-2011, 05:18 PM.
                            Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

WTH?

Stevie=Gaffney

Not even sure how to reply to that...

Comment

Working...
                              X