PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson with Donald Jones and me at TGIFs tonight

Coach Sal
11-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I know it's kind of awkward to promote that right now, but just got confirmation. So, sorry for the late notice, but Bills WR Stevie Johnson will be our guest tonight on Out Of Bounds at TGIF's at Blvd. Mall! 7pm starts taping with media segment, then Stevie. Stay to meet, take pics, get autographs.

I'll definitely be asking him about all that went on in the game, including the celebration, the penalty, the passes at the end, etc..

Again, sorry for the late notice, but if you're interested, come on down. Hope to see you there. Thanks!

Coach Sal
11-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm sure the jokes are going to come, "make sure he doesn't drop his drink, etc, etc....

So, heck, just come on down.

:)

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Damn! And I can't make it this week.

It will be a great show.

The King
11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
I would like to hear what he thinks he's worth. The kid has talent but he's in no way an elite reciever at this stage of the game. I would say he's in the Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Gibson, Early Doucet class, which is third tier IMO.

Coach Sal
11-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I would like to hear what he thinks he's worth. The kid has talent but he's in no way an elite reciever at this stage of the game. I would say he's in the Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Gibson, Early Doucet class, which is third tier IMO.

Not sure if I could get an answer asking that way.....but maybe asking how he'd feel about being franchised? If he's comparable to franchised WRs?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-28-2011, 04:12 PM
dude is puttin on the PR spin to save face from yesterday
thats ok
its needed shows hes not hiding

The King
11-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Not sure if I could get an answer asking that way.....but maybe asking how he'd feel about being franchised? If he's comparable to franchised WRs?

My thought process here was at the beginning of the season he was probably looking to be paid like a top 15 receiver. This season has definitely changed that. Obviously a tough question to pose.

I would say something along the lines of you are one of the few receivers who had some success against Revis, do you think facing him twice this year gave you an edge? Where do you think you stack up against the other receivers in the east.

But you're the pro Sal.

Crisis
11-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Is this interview confirmed? He might be on the wrong page.

ZacGriffi~82
11-28-2011, 04:50 PM
To say Stevie Johnson is at the same level as Gaffney, Gibson and Doucet is insane to me.

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM

hence, the dilemma in which this team always seems to find themselves.

He's 3rd tier league-wide, but 1st tier compared to the other WR's on this team.

ZacGriffi~82
11-28-2011, 05:07 PM
hence, the dilemma in which this team always seems to find themselves.

He's 3rd tier league-wide, but 1st tier compared to the other WR's on this team.
Except that it's just not true.

Stevie was 10th among WRs in receptions last year. He's 11th this year.

At his position he is 1st tier, top 2nd at worst. The guy is a number one WR. Is he immature? hell yes, but there are not many players that have the talent to put up 70+ yards and TD on Revis.

Novacane
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I really don't like that he's blaming that drop to him and Fitz being on the wrong page. I take his word that he was expecting the ball a little later in the route but it still hit him right in the hands. If that's not a drop I don't know what is.

OpIv37
11-28-2011, 05:12 PM

At his position he is 1st tier, top 2nd at worst. The guy is a number one WR. Is he immature? hell yes, but there are not many players that have the talent to put up 70+ yards and TD on Revis.

what about yards and TDs? And what about clutch ability? There are more that goes into being a WR than just reception numbers.

A guy who's 3rd or 4th on the depth chart is going to drop passes like that from time to time. A guy that's first needs to make that catch EVERY time, or else he shouldn't be first.

RoscoeMagic
11-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Comparing Steve Johnson to Brandon Gibson, Jabar Gaffney and Early Doucet might be the single dumbest comment I've ever read in my life.

Mahdi
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM
WTH?

Stevie=Gaffney

Not even sure how to reply to that...

ZacGriffi~82
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
what about yards and TDs? And what about clutch ability? There are more that goes into being a WR than just reception numbers.

A guy who's 3rd or 4th on the depth chart is going to drop passes like that from time to time. A guy that's first needs to make that catch EVERY time, or else he shouldn't be first.

so he ****s up two clutch catches and he's relegated to second tier or with Jabar Gaffney? He sits tied for 17th in TDs (1 behind Larry Fitzgerald and 1 ahead of Roddy White FYI). He's 23rd in yards. That's not that great but it's still puts him in #1 territory in a season where he's battled a nagging groin.

Buffalo pays a lot of money to average players, but even worse is the amount of great players they've let go for asinine reasons. the guy is talented and we can't afford to let him go. Good luck finding someone that matches up with Revis that well.

RoscoeMagic
11-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Want yards and TDs? Sure, pal.

Johnson has 5 TDs in 11 games this year. Early Doucet has 6 TDs in his entire 37 game career. Johnson had 10 last year in 16 games. Doucet has 1120 career receiving yards in 37 career games...Stevie had 1073 in 16 games last year.

Next up, Brandon Gibson, come on down.

33 career games 4 career TDs. Once again, Stevie 5 TDs in 11 games this season. Gibson career high in receiving yards, 620 (in 2010)...Stevie Johnson receiving yards in 11 games this season...622.

Jabar Gaffney? Do we really have to do this again? Jabar Gaffney: 31 years old in two days. He's in his 10th year in the league. Career High in receiving yards? 875. Career high in TDs? 5.

You want a stat that quantifies clutch ability now? I suggest you take a good look in your ass since your head's already there.

Mahdi
11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
so he ****s up two clutch catches and he's relegated to second tier or with Jabar Gaffney? He sits tied for 17th in TDs (1 behind Larry Fitzgerald and 1 ahead of Roddy White FYI). He's 23rd in yards. That's not that great but it's still puts him in #1 territory in a season where he's battled a nagging groin.

Buffalo pays a lot of money to average players, but even worse is the amount of great players they've let go for asinine reasons. the guy is talented and we can't afford to let him go. Good luck finding someone that matches up with Revis that well.
Its typical Bills fan.

Find talent, ridicule talent, bye bye talent, damn wish we had some of that talent....

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Tell him not to be too hard on himself, it's not his fault the defense can't stop anybody.

RoscoeMagic
11-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Tell him not to be too hard on himself, it's not his fault the defense can't stop anybody.

Exactly. It's not his fault Dave Rayner flubs the kickoff either.

Without Stevie Johnson, we aren't even in a position to win this game at all. Period.

YardRat
11-28-2011, 07:08 PM
He can play at an elite level at times...he proved that yesterday.
If he has half a brain or an ounce of desire, he can correct the showboat antics.
The drops at critical times is the most worrisome factor...don't think that's fixable.

YardRat
11-28-2011, 07:11 PM
I really don't like that he's blaming that drop to him and Fitz being on the wrong page. I take his word that he was expecting the ball a little later in the route but it still hit him right in the hands. If that's not a drop I don't know what is.

His reaction is just so nightmarishly similar to Ronnie Harmon's response to his drop against Cleveland it's scary.

PromoTheRobot
11-28-2011, 09:10 PM

Don't correct Opi. It makes him pout.

PTR

Coach Sal
11-28-2011, 11:11 PM
I would like to hear what he thinks he's worth..

I asked point blank on the air if he felt he was in the same class and worth the same $$ as Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson.

Stevie said no, he doesn't feel he is.

madness
11-29-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm not too upset about the drop... more upset about Fitz's poor throw in the EZ. You can't catch them all, especially the ones you draw up in the dirt. It's not hard to believe they weren't on the same page on something like that. In a game based on repetition and precision, I'm actually more surprised the play almost worked.

Fitz On Stevie Johnson’s drop on the last possession…
I didn’t see it. I got hit and was on the ground. I’m not really sure what happened on it, but it was a play that me and him drew up in the dirt basically. In the huddle, I told him where to line up and what to do. It was nothing we’ve ever really run or practiced before.

jamze132
11-29-2011, 03:48 AM
You're talking about the wrong throw.

OpIv37
11-29-2011, 06:18 AM

"He had an injury and it was only TWO game winning clutch catches that he dropped." Love the excuses.

This is the problem with Bills fans. People like you defend their favorite guys even when those guys cost us wins. 17th in TD's and 23rd in yards isn't all that great by your own admission, then you make it sound like it would be so hard to find someone better. Huh?

OpIv37
11-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Want yards and TDs? Sure, pal.

Johnson has 5 TDs in 11 games this year. Early Doucet has 6 TDs in his entire 37 game career. Johnson had 10 last year in 16 games. Doucet has 1120 career receiving yards in 37 career games...Stevie had 1073 in 16 games last year.

Next up, Brandon Gibson, come on down.

33 career games 4 career TDs. Once again, Stevie 5 TDs in 11 games this season. Gibson career high in receiving yards, 620 (in 2010)...Stevie Johnson receiving yards in 11 games this season...622.

Jabar Gaffney? Do we really have to do this again? Jabar Gaffney: 31 years old in two days. He's in his 10th year in the league. Career High in receiving yards? 875. Career high in TDs? 5.

You want a stat that quantifies clutch ability now? I suggest you take a good look in your ass since your head's already there.

Wow, you've proven that he's better than the mediocre receivers Bedard brought up. Impressive. 23rd in yards, 17th in TDs- not all that spectacular. And he drops the ones that count the most.

I love it when people accuse others of having their heads up their asses as they proceed to defend the players who cost us wins. It's another example of Bills fans accepting mediocrity, which earns you the Krusty Brand Seal Of Approval.

http://tomkorioth.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/krustybrandgif2.gif

RoscoeMagic
11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Wow, you've proven that he's better than the mediocre receivers Bedard brought up. Impressive. 23rd in yards, 17th in TDs- not all that spectacular. And he drops the ones that count the most.

I love it when people accuse others of having their heads up their asses as they proceed to defend the players who cost us wins. It's another example of Bills fans accepting mediocrity, which earns you the Krusty Brand Seal Of Approval.

http://tomkorioth.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/krustybrandgif2.gif

And you agreed that Stevie Johnson was no better than that cast of mediocre receivers he brought up. You think Stevie Johnson is a 3rd or 4th WR on any team in the league? Speaking of clowns........

Oaf
11-29-2011, 03:32 PM
A guy who's 3rd or 4th on the depth chart is going to drop passes like that from time to time. A guy that's first needs to make that catch EVERY time, or else he shouldn't be first. 2nd. Deal. Next item.

trapezeus
11-29-2011, 04:05 PM
i've seen enough from stevie to know he is piece of the puzzle. maybe he isn't to be paid like a top 10 receiver, but he should be on this team next year. and he should be given another receiver as help.

He isn't clutch...we know that. but the guy churns out catches regularly.

The thing is buffalo fans want allstars at every position. We don't have any allstars other than freddie, so it's natural that we want more. but we shouldn't jettison the people who are going to be decent players for us.

like i said before on Poz, he was part of the puzzle. the bills shouldn't have had it be barnett or poz. both of them would have helped. now is poz the best LB in the game, no? and that shouldn't stop them from finding a great OLB. but having some quality players would have made the team better in the long run.

Oaf
11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
...so how was the event, to anyone that went?

Coach Sal
11-29-2011, 10:26 PM
...so how was the event, to anyone that went?

It went well. Didn't have a big crowd like we did earlier in season, but that was to be expected. SJ was a late guest so we couldn't promote it well, plus with the team's losing streak and Donald on IR, that doesn't help.

But, and you can judge for yourself if you watch the show (I'll try to link it when ready), I tried to ask very pointed questions about his day and the entire situation overall. I asked about the dance, the fall to the ground, the penalty, the drop, and even if he thinks he's worth L Fitz/A Johnson $$ (he said no).

I give him credit for coming on right after everything that happened and facing the tough questions head-on. He didn't back away from anything.

I also thought it was cool we had (arguably) the most talked-about pro athlete of the day on my TV show that same night. Proud of the producers and crew for helping to make it happen and going so well.

Fatwhite02
11-29-2011, 11:11 PM
I chuckled when I saw him do it on Sunday. I also chuckled a couple years ago when Plax shot himself.

Why so serious?

Relax this kid has been a bright spot for two years now. We're not good enough to be lambasting what has arguably been our best player for two years. Jackson's been good, but isn't healthy.

The King
11-30-2011, 07:37 AM
It went well. Didn't have a big crowd like we did earlier in season, but that was to be expected. SJ was a late guest so we couldn't promote it well, plus with the team's losing streak and Donald on IR, that doesn't help.

But, and you can judge for yourself if you watch the show (I'll try to link it when ready), I tried to ask very pointed questions about his day and the entire situation overall. I asked about the dance, the fall to the ground, the penalty, the drop, and even if he thinks he's worth L Fitz/A Johnson $$ (he said no).

I give him credit for coming on right after everything that happened and facing the tough questions head-on. He didn't back away from anything.

I also thought it was cool we had (arguably) the most talked-about pro athlete of the day on my TV show that same night. Proud of the producers and crew for helping to make it happen and going so well.

I do too. Im not a huge Stevie fan but he has room to grow. I just wish he would buckle down and focus on football and be less flashy. Drops arent as big of a deal when you dont make a spectacle of yourself.

Kudo's to you too Sal, not easy questions to ask.

jamze132
11-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Google Plaxico Burress and gun safety video. It's priceless.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 07:55 AM
And you agreed that Stevie Johnson was no better than that cast of mediocre receivers he brought up. You think Stevie Johnson is a 3rd or 4th WR on any team in the league? Speaking of clowns........

3rd or 4th receivers drop that ball. #1 WR's do not. Stevie's stats may be better than 3rd or 4th receivers, but they're not #1 stats and his clutch ability is no better than that of a 3rd or 4th receiver. Hell, Josh Reed was more clutch than Stevie and he was never higher than 3rd on the depth chart.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 07:57 AM
I chuckled when I saw him do it on Sunday. I also chuckled a couple years ago when Plax shot himself.

Why so serious?

Relax this kid has been a bright spot for two years now. We're not good enough to be lambasting what has arguably been our best player for two years. Jackson's been good, but isn't healthy.

ARRRRGGGH that's the whole problem here. How can you call the guy that had two drops to lose the game in one year to be a "bright spot?" Yes, you are right, we are not good enough- but instead of referring to mediocrity as "bright spots" because they're less mediocre than the rest of our mediocrity, we should be demanding players who are ACTUALLY bright spots.

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 09:10 AM
3rd or 4th receivers drop that ball. #1 WR's do not. Stevie's stats may be better than 3rd or 4th receivers, but they're not #1 stats and his clutch ability is no better than that of a 3rd or 4th receiver. Hell, Josh Reed was more clutch than Stevie and he was never higher than 3rd on the depth chart.

Josh Reed started as the #2 WR in 2003 after Price left. Try to get at least some facts right.

Dozerdog
11-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Comparing Steve Johnson to Brandon Gibson, Jabar Gaffney and Early Doucet might be the single dumbest comment I've ever read in my life.

I'd compare him to Occho Cinco - More worried about flair than substance

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Josh Reed started as the #2 WR in 2003 after Price left. Try to get at least some facts right.

my bad- what I meant to say was that he never should have been more than a #3 WR.

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 10:06 AM
my bad- what I meant to say was that he never should have been more than a #3 WR.
Actually he looked incredible in his rookie year in 2002. He caught everything in his direction as the slot receiver. In fact, we traded Price for the sole reason of promoting Reed, a second round pick, to step up as the #2 next to Moulds. He was thought to be on the verge of a breakout year. He deserved a shot at starting, but just just the ball (literally and figuratively), and over time it was apparent he was always a better fit in the slot. You can't say that at that time that Reed shouldn't have been more than the team's #3. He definitely should have been.

And I'm not sure how you can call him more clutch than Stevie. You're forming a conjecture on two passes in two years. Can a third string WR beat consistently beat the best corner in the game, Revis? Stevie has 11 catches 159 yards and a TD in two games vs. a guy that constantly shuts down opposing teams' #1 WR. Find me a #3 or 4 wideout across the NFL who can make Revis look like a child. You can't say he lost us the game. Without him, we aren't even in the game.

Fatwhite02
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
ARRRRGGGH that's the whole problem here. How can you call the guy that had two drops to lose the game in one year to be a "bright spot?" Yes, you are right, we are not good enough- but instead of referring to mediocrity as "bright spots" because they're less mediocre than the rest of our mediocrity, we should be demanding players who are ACTUALLY bright spots.

I wouldn't classify Stevie as mediocre. Yes the kid has dropped some balls. But he's young. He's actually talented. I think he's earned a second contract. That's a lot more than most of this roster can say.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Actually he looked incredible in his rookie year in 2002. He caught everything in his direction as the slot receiver. In fact, we traded Price for the sole reason of promoting Reed, a second round pick, to step up as the #2 next to Moulds. He was thought to be on the verge of a breakout year. He deserved a shot at starting, but just just the ball (literally and figuratively), and over time it was apparent he was always a better fit in the slot. You can't say that at that time that Reed shouldn't have been more than the team's #3. He definitely should have been.

And I'm not sure how you can call him more clutch than Stevie. You're forming a conjecture on two passes in two years. Can a third string WR beat consistently beat the best corner in the game, Revis? Stevie has 11 catches 159 yards and a TD in two games vs. a guy that constantly shuts down opposing teams' #1 WR. Find me a #3 or 4 wideout across the NFL who can make Revis look like a child. You can't say he lost us the game. Without him, we aren't even in the game.

Putting up numbers against Revis has NOTHING to do with clutch ability. His lack of clutch ability lost us the game.

And Reed, for all his flaws, caught a LOT of key 3rd down conversions during his career here. That's a concept apparently lost on Stevie Johnson.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't classify Stevie as mediocre. Yes the kid has dropped some balls. But he's young. He's actually talented. I think he's earned a second contract. That's a lot more than most of this roster can say.

Again, he's not mediocre compared to the other WR's on our team. If you compare him to the #1 WR's on other teams around the league, he's pretty mediocre.

stuckincincy
11-30-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm not too upset about the drop... more upset about Fitz's poor throw in the EZ. You can't catch them all, especially the ones you draw up in the dirt. It's not hard to believe they weren't on the same page on something like that. In a game based on repetition and precision, I'm actually more surprised the play almost worked.

Fitz On Stevie Johnson’s drop on the last possession…
I didn’t see it. I got hit and was on the ground. I’m not really sure what happened on it, but it was a play that me and him drew up in the dirt basically. In the huddle, I told him where to line up and what to do. It was nothing we’ve ever really run or practiced before.

I don't buy these "drawn up in the dirt" words.

You practice all week long. Tossing this or that way to this or that one in a crowded EZ. Come game time, you respond to the coverage, take your best shot. It didn't work - not really uncommon.

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Putting up numbers against Revis has NOTHING to do with clutch ability. His lack of clutch ability lost us the game.

And Reed, for all his flaws, caught a LOT of key 3rd down conversions during his career here. That's a concept apparently lost on Stevie Johnson.

I love how you say "a LOT" as if you have any evidence to prove this other than your selective memory. Look up their 3rd down catches. It's Johnson and it's not close. I don't have time to do it for you since all you'd do is side-step it and continue to harp on your imaginary "clutch ability" attribute that you like so much.

Putting up numbers against the league's top corner proves Johnson COMES to play and doesn't shy away from the big moment. Seems clutch to me. Again, you're looking at two dropped passes in two seasons and believing that something is there when it isn't.

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Again, he's not mediocre compared to the other WR's on our team. If you compare him to the #1 WR's on other teams around the league, he's pretty mediocre.

Tell me which WRs you'd rank ahead of Johnson just so I have a reason to laugh at you.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Tell me which WRs you'd rank ahead of Johnson just so I have a reason to laugh at you.

It's a waste of time as you clearly overrate Johnson and can't look at it objectively.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I love how you say "a LOT" as if you have any evidence to prove this other than your selective memory. Look up their 3rd down catches. It's Johnson and it's not close. I don't have time to do it for you since all you'd do is side-step it and continue to harp on your imaginary "clutch ability" attribute that you like so much.

Putting up numbers against the league's top corner proves Johnson COMES to play and doesn't shy away from the big moment. Seems clutch to me. Again, you're looking at two dropped passes in two seasons and believing that something is there when it isn't.

lmao, you accuse me of making a claim without evidence, then you make a claim without evidence and say you don't have time to look it up.

and lmao again if you think it's only two drops in two seasons- there have been plenty of times when Stevie has disappeared.

mrbojanglezs
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM

lol. he earned a second contract? of course he has, the question is how much. The Bills obviously don't want to pay him what he wants and I tend to agree with the Bills on that one....

No more than 6-7 Million per season with a nice signing bonus. We still need physical tall speedy receiver.

AJ Green type receiver paired with Stevie would be absolutely filthy

Stevie johnson all alone with david neslon on the other side....not so much

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
It's a waste of time as you clearly overrate Johnson and can't look at it objectively.

I'm not overrating Johnson at all. In fact, I've never said anything like that. I'm just defending him because you appear to hold a vendetta against anyone in a Bills uniform.

Philagape
11-30-2011, 11:29 AM
You can't say he lost us the game. Without him, we aren't even in the game.

The goal isn't to be in the game, it's to win it. A player's performance should be judged by the latter standard, not the former. Therefore Stevie failed on Sunday. He didn't finish. He didn't do his job for 60 minutes. Being good for most of the game isn't good enough to win the games they need to win to be a true contender. Not against the Jets on the road. He needs to be better.

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 11:29 AM
lmao, you accuse me of making a claim without evidence, then you make a claim without evidence and say you don't have time to look it up.

and lmao again if you think it's only two drops in two seasons- there have been plenty of times when Stevie has disappeared.
I've posted stats and evidence in every other one of my posts. The only numbers I see in your posts are that you believe Johnson is "3rd tier."

Again, there it is. "Plenty of times when Stevie has disappeared." If you're gonna talk out of your ass can you at least make it tangible?

I looked up the Reed and Johnson 3rd down catches. Since Johnson only has had one full season we have to take that and put it against Reed's career averages. Johnson has him beat. If you don't believe me, I don't care.

Thanks for dodging another one and not listing who's better and who's worse than him. I don't think he's elite. Who does? But he's certainly not mediocre as you're suggesting.

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm not overrating Johnson at all. In fact, I've never said anything like that. I'm just defending him because you appear to hold a vendetta against anyone in a Bills uniform.

I have a vendetta against guys in Bills uniforms who don't do what it takes to win. On Sunday, Stevie had some good stats against Revis but didn't do what it took to win.

Our roster is loaded with guys like that- they put up decent numbers or have great games here and there, but they fail when it counts the most. No true stars.

If you want to continue defending guys like Stevie because of the uniform they wear, go right ahead, but don't be surprised when we never win. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity....

OpIv37
11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
I've posted stats and evidence in every other one of my posts. The only numbers I see in your posts are that you believe Johnson is "3rd tier."

Again, there it is. "Plenty of times when Stevie has disappeared." If you're gonna talk out of your ass can you at least make it tangible?

I looked up the Reed and Johnson 3rd down catches. Since Johnson only has had one full season we have to take that and put it against Reed's career averages. Johnson has him beat. If you don't believe me, I don't care.

Thanks for dodging another one and not listing who's better and who's worse than him. I don't think he's elite. Who does? But he's certainly not mediocre as you're suggesting.

lmao- it's not that I don't believe you- it's that it's a stupid way to compare. You can't compare one season to a guy's whole career.

You also need to get over this obsession with numbers because numbers don't tell the whole story. Two game winning drops in a year don't show up in any numbers.

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
lol. he earned a second contract? of course he has, the question is how much. The Bills obviously don't want to pay him what he wants and I tend to agree with the Bills on that one....

No more than 6-7 Million per season with a nice signing bonus. We still need physical tall speedy receiver.

AJ Green type receiver paired with Stevie would be absolutely filthy

Stevie johnson all alone with david neslon on the other side....not so much

Michael Floyd

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Two game winning drops in a year don't show up in any numbers.

They show up as drops, Albert.

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 01:38 PM
I have a vendetta against guys in Bills uniforms who don't do what it takes to win. On Sunday, Stevie had some good stats against Revis but didn't do what it took to win.

Our roster is loaded with guys like that- they put up decent numbers or have great games here and there, but they fail when it counts the most. No true stars.

If you want to continue defending guys like Stevie because of the uniform they wear, go right ahead, but don't be surprised when we never win. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity....
Actually, I'm still sticking to my original point of Stevie is not a 3rd tier WR.

Now you're argument is changing to "doesn't have what it takes to win." Nice spin. I'm defending your accusation that he's a 3rd tier WR who is in the same company as Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Gibson, and whoever the third bum was, which you clearly stated you agreed with earlier. I'm not defending Johnson's dropped pass, not saying Stevie's elite, not saying Johnson should get $10 million a year. When did I ever say Stevie was a "true star"?

"Stevie had some good stats against Revis." Yeah, pal. Find me a 3rd tier WR that can beat Revis. I've already said this, you'll likely dodge again though so it really doesn't matter.

RoscoeMagic
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM
what about yards and TDs?

You also need to get over this obsession with numbers because numbers don't tell the whole story. Two game winning drops in a year don't show up in any numbers.

You're a joke.