• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD Mock 2.3

Bills pick 15th overall...

Last 2 Rounder before we move it to three rounds.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: BBD Mock 2.3

Absolutely love the first pick, Claiborn at 15 would be fantastic. Irvin makes sense in the second but I'd see Branch or Ingram there cause I think Wannstedt takes over and sticks full time with the 4-3.

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

Love the pick if Upshaw is gone....do u think Burfict and/or Brown would be a reach at 15?

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WeAreArthurMoates
        Absolutely love the first pick, Claiborn at 15 would be fantastic. Irvin makes sense in the second but I'd see Branch or Ingram there cause I think Wannstedt takes over and sticks full time with the 4-3.
        If we go 43 I could see either being the pick though we would also have a surplus at DE as well.

Carrington
        Kelsay
        Batten
        Moats
        Merriman
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
          Love the pick if Upshaw is gone....do u think Burfict and/or Brown would be a reach at 15?
          Slightly on Burfict and yes on Brown.

I could live with Burfict, Brown still has far too many question marks.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Batten, Moats and Merriman will never play DE full time in this league.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bluerosekiller
              • Jul 2008

Merriman?!!!
              I doubt he even makes it into camp next year, much less sees any action on the field.
              I mean, seriously, the guy is just one injury after another... Why bother?
              Same with Parrish, McGee & Easley. They've either had their day in seasons past or at least had their opportunities to perform in the regular season & were unable to stay healthy enough to do so, so why let ANY of them tie up a roster spot ever again?
              The Bills desperately need contributers, not benchwarmers & the walking wounded.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                Batten, Moats and Merriman will never play DE full time in this league.
                I dont disagree with you but that doesn't mean that they aren't still on the roster next year. At least I think they are, Merriman signed the two year deal.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bluerosekiller
                  Merriman?!!!
                  I doubt he even makes it into camp next year, much less sees any action on the field.
                  I mean, seriously, the guy is just one injury after another... Why bother?
                  Same with Parrish, McGee & Easley. They've either had their day in seasons past or at least had their opportunities to perform in the regular season & were unable to stay healthy enough to do so, so why let ANY of them tie up a roster spot ever again?
                  The Bills desperately need contributers, not benchwarmers & the walking wounded.
                  I don't disagree with you but these players dont simply go away. If we cut them there are still cap penalties and at this point if we cut the 6 guys (3 you mentioned, and 3 Yardie mentioned) that's a good bit of dead cap weight (assuming some because not sure on exact cap numbers/contract status).

Big part of the reason I dont want to switch to a 43.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    I dont disagree with you but that doesn't mean that they aren't still on the roster next year. At least I think they are, Merriman signed the two year deal.
                    I was just saying they won't be on the roster as DE's.

I agree, Merriman will be around next season.

Batten is questionable but might keep a spot just because of weak numbers at OLB. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moats gone.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                      I was just saying they won't be on the roster as DE's.

I agree, Merriman will be around next season.

Batten is questionable but might keep a spot just because of weak numbers at OLB. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moats gone.
                      Agreed on all account but don't forget Batten did play DE at South Dakota State in a 43 already once. And as somebody pointed out last week, its not a huge size issue for him.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Claibourne is a solid pick but i have to admit I like your last mock better.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Agreed on all account but don't forget Batten did play DE at South Dakota State in a 43 already once. And as somebody pointed out last week, its not a huge size issue for him.
                          Yes, but 43 DE in the NFL certainly isn't 43 DE at South Dakota State. Just IMO, but if he were to try the end at this level he'd have to pack on at least 15 lbs and I would question whether he could handle it.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

Can't complain about the Bills getting a CB and a OLB with there 1st 2 picks.. Down the road it wil lbe interesting who you have the Bills picking when there picking in the Top 10 and not at 15

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

Just because Wanny will be the DC next year does not mean 43. Why do people think they can only run one defense.

I think we stay with the 34 because that is what Nix said he is going to draft for, and what Gailey wants to eventually get to. As he said himself it causes more problems for the offense to gameplan against.

Wanny was an excellent DC with Dallas and I have no doubts with the proper talent could be an excellent DC with us running a 34.

These guys are pro coaches for a reason, they know defense or offense not just one scheme or another.

Comment

Working...
                              X