PDA

View Full Version : Troup might be IR'd

YardRat
11-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Didn't see this posted yet...

http://billsdaily.com/injury/

Torell Troup was inactive against the Jets when his back problems resurfaced during the week. He did not miss any practice time so it was a surprise when he was inactive. Chan Gailey said it locked up on him and he's not good. He may go on injured reserve ending his season.

RoscoeMagic
11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
A 24 year old with chronic back problems is not a good sign. I don't know what's worse, that or his play on the field.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Another wasted draft pick. Awesome.

MikeInRoch
11-28-2011, 08:37 PM
So are you blaming Nix for that one?

ServoBillieves
11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Another injury. Here's my shocked face.

Just imagine a blank stare and that's the one I'm making. I'm so sick of this team being so injury plagued...

Johnny Bugmenot
11-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Hey, Gailey... injured reserve is not a dumping ground when a guy gets a boo-boo. This is football. Thank you.

YardRat
11-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm really disappointed in Troup's inability to stay healthy and have a real opportunity to contribute...I had high hopes for him and Easley, especially, but the longer the chronic aches and pains go on for these guys the less likely it becomes that they see the field on a regular basis, if at all.

PromoTheRobot
11-28-2011, 09:06 PM
A 24 year old with chronic back problems is not a good sign. I don't know what's worse, that or his play on the field.

One might affect the other.

PTR

mrbojanglezs
11-28-2011, 09:41 PM
just cut him

BLeonard
11-28-2011, 11:30 PM
You wanna know the real kick in the nuts here?

With the very next pick in the 2010 draft, New England Selected Rob Gronkowski...

-Bill

madness
11-28-2011, 11:36 PM
The back injury that has kept the Buffalo Bills' second-year nose tackle out of four of six games this season -- and severely limited him when he could play -- is not something he expects to trouble him the rest of the year. Or even worse, for his entire career. "I've heard people say that, about it being a chronic issue. No, it's not," Troup said Monday, as the Bills returned to practice following their bye week. "It's just something that needs time."

:skeptic:

Mike
11-28-2011, 11:56 PM

Health and Fitness were the reasons why many here were glad we drafted him over Cody! The worst part was that the Bills could have waisted their 3rd round pick on Troup instead of reaching for him in the second. Now don't give me this hindsight BS, because most of the other teams had the hindsight to put him in the 3rd-4th round, and many here were disgusted with the pick.

Why does it take so long to figure out a spade is a spade? When Spiller and Troupe were selected 1&2 why were so many here supportive of the selections. It was obvious then, as it is now, that these were bad picks. Why does it take 3 years for the fans to figure out that the old boss and the new boss are the same boss???

MikeInRoch
11-29-2011, 12:25 AM
No, it actually is NOT obvious that Troup was a bad pick. Unless you want GMs to be able to predict health problems of the future.

jamze132
11-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Not too many folks had Troupe as going near the top of the 2nd.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-29-2011, 05:43 AM
I know we all know what they should have done, but I do remember hoping they took Rob Grongkowski or Jimmy Claussen there.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-29-2011, 06:09 AM
I know we all know what they should have done, but I do remember hoping they took Rob Grongkowski or Jimmy Claussen there.
Gronkowski would've been popular. Claussen, as we've seen in Carolina, always was and forever will be a mistake.

OpIv37
11-29-2011, 07:31 AM
No, it actually is NOT obvious that Troup was a bad pick. Unless you want GMs to be able to predict health problems of the future.

It depends on the health problems and when they started. If the guy had back problems in college, then that should have been an immediate red flag. If the back problems started after he came to the NFL, obviously that's not on the GM.

In Troup's particular case, I don't know if he had the injury in college or not.

Oh, and let's not forget that, so far, Troup looks like a bad pick even without the back problems. The guy has done nothing.

Luisito23
11-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Troup is garbage even with a good back.

k-oneputt
11-29-2011, 08:00 AM

At least they suit up every week.

djjimkelly
11-29-2011, 08:01 AM
So are you blaming Nix for that one?

how can u not

i still think hes done a good job in the overall

k-oneputt
11-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Not too many folks had Troupe as going near the top of the 2nd.

Well the dradft experts at OBD did.
We wanted him over Cody because cody looked ugly in workouts.
One problem though, Cody excelled at Alabama on the field and is now doing the same in Baltimore.
Another dumbass draft pick.

DesertFox24
11-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Are there any NT candidates on another teams practice squad that we would bring in?

Historian
11-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Okay....let's put it this way: Who isn't on IR???

TigerJ
11-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm a bit surprised that so many are down on Troup. I'm chalking it up to the Bills' recent slide, and the general disgust every Bills fan has been feeling. For myself, I'm willing to give him another year because of his health issues this season. We didn't expect a whole lot from him in his rookie season, and with Williams playing at such a high level, he didn't get much of a chance. His relative ineffectiveness when he was able to be on the field this season could well be due to his medical issues. I understand that surgery is a consideration. The feeling is that it's a condition that is correctable, and there is no suggestion that it is destined to be a chronic issue.

trapezeus
11-29-2011, 04:07 PM
So are we IRing one player every week from here on out? it started since the last jets game and hasn't stopped yet. Williams, Wood, Mcgee, Jackson, Troup.

my guess is that Fitz is going to go on IR at some point.

stuckincincy
11-29-2011, 04:19 PM
You wanna know the real kick in the nuts here?

With the very next pick in the 2010 draft, New England Selected Rob Gronkowski...

-Bill

More salt for the wounds:

"News: McCargo was re-signed by the Buccaneers on Tuesday, reports John Clayton. (Tue Nov 8)

Spin: McCargo was signed to fill the void left by Gerald McCoy, who was placed on IR Tuesday with a torn bicep. Don't expect much from the former first-rounder, who has played in only one game the last two years and has 2.5 career sacks."...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9612/john-mccargo

more cowbell
11-29-2011, 05:18 PM
This guy has been as bad of a 2nd rd draft pick as James Hardy

better days
11-29-2011, 05:34 PM

That may turn out to be the case but it's a little early don't you think to say that?

BillsFever21
11-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Who is Troupe? Never heard of the guy.

This is a huge shocker. Another high drafted Bills player that turned out to be a bust. Blame the injury or whatever you want but when there is a revolving door of bad draft picks it falls on the organization. You can pick out a certain player or injury to try and hide it but this team has wasted draft picks for the past decade and that is why we still suck.

So once again last year's draft is looking like another useless class. Spiller hasn't shown he can be a feature back let alone a dominant back which they better be when you draft them that high. Troupe hasn't done anything even when he has played. Carrington hasn't made any type of an impact yet and Easley hasn't even seen the field.

Right there are the first 4 rounds of the draft and nothing to show for it once again. And some people wonder why this team still sucks?

When you have a team where the vast majority of it's starters are late round drat picks or undrafted FA's that tells you all you need to know about the success of our front office and organization.

We hire horrible GM's and front office personnel which in return hire horrible coaches and make horrible draft picks that they are unable to develop correctly anyway. The proof is in the pudding. I don't see how any delusional fan can spin that record in the draft. This organization is a joke.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-29-2011, 08:26 PM
At least Hardy made sense at the time.

The Jokeman
11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Are there any NT candidates on another teams practice squad that we would bring in?
If we shift Michael Jasper back to NT we have one.

Mike
12-02-2011, 10:40 PM
No, it actually is NOT obvious that Troup was a bad pick....

Actually it was. It was so obvious that most pundits were shocked at the pick and exclaimed that most teams had him in the 3-4th round range. On top of this, he was taken instead of CODY who many here wanted. I hate to break it to you, but Cody was the Obviously better choice and it was not even close unless you were Bills FO or a blind homer.

Now what does it say about a GM or organization that continuously makes poorer draft choices than some of their Fans? And, the Fans end up being right? Ha! And Thats not even joke, the FO sucks, the Fans know more than this organization, hell a few of the guys here would do a better job...