PDA

View Full Version : Jared Gaither CUT

better days
11-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Profootballtalk.com is reporting Jared Gaither LT has been cut by the Chiefs after committing a key false start late in the game the Chiefs lost to the Steelers.

I think the Bills should put in a claim, what do you guys think?

Luisito23
11-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Definitely try to get him.

Won't happen though.

k-oneputt
11-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Why not.
Especially with Bell out injured every week.

Extremebillsfan247
11-29-2011, 08:01 AM
At this point, the Bills should just take their chances with Hairston. Gaither has been on a downhill slide since he lost his starting job with the Ravens. If he isn't even good enough to stay with the Chiefs even as a backup, why waste the time on him? JMO

better days
11-29-2011, 08:09 AM
At this point, the Bills should just take their chances with Hairston. Gaither has been on a downhill slide since he lost his starting job with the Ravens. If he isn't even good enough to stay with the Chiefs even as a backup, why waste the time on him? JMO

Well, if the Bills could put Gaither at LT, They could move Hairston to RT, it may be an improvement. If not I would not mind having Gaither sit on the bench in case Hairston gets injured again.

psubills62
11-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm a fan of Gaither, but I've got a feeling he's not even on the Bills radar. Mostly because of attitude and discipline, etc.

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2011, 11:07 AM
how do i merge my thread.

mrbojanglezs
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
gaither is like the offensive version of torrell troupe, at least with his back

so NO

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Our OL is dropping like flies. Even if Gaither doesn't start for us, we could use the depth.

CLAIM

mrbojanglezs
11-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Our OL is dropping like flies. Even if Gaither doesn't start for us, we could use the depth.

CLAIM

Dropping like flies? the only guy who is out is Wood, Bell should return soon

We need a center if anything not another tackle

better days
11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Dropping like flies? the only guy who is out is Wood, Bell should return soon

We need a center if anything not another tackle

Wood, Bell, Hairston have all missed more than one game each. When a team has to play the 3rd string LT that is dropping like flies.

TigerJ
11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him.

Forward_Lateral
11-29-2011, 01:48 PM
It would be nice not to have to move Levitre back to LT again.

HAMMER
11-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Even if healthy he's not going to be an asset given it will take him a month to get up to speed on the playbook.

OpIv37
11-29-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm not a big fan of signing other teams' trash because it has never worked for us in the past, and I wouldn't give him a big contract. That being said, I wouldn't mind picking him up for the rest of this season just so we have some depth at tackle.

better days
11-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Even if healthy he's not going to be an asset given it will take him a month to get up to speed on the playbook.

When you pick up a guy late in the year, you don't have to teach him the entire playbook.

Just teach him the plays the team plans to use this week. Then next week teach him the plays the team will use that week, on & on.

ServoBillieves
11-29-2011, 02:01 PM
We wanted this guy in FA, we wanted to trade for him, and he's been tossed around like garbage and has done nothing since 09... That being said, as a last gasp I'd pick him up for vet minimum.

better days
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
We wanted this guy in FA, we wanted to trade for him, and he's been tossed around like garbage and has done nothing since 09... That being said, as a last gasp I'd pick him up for vet minimum.

well, if he is claimed on waivers, the team that claims him will have to pay him the rest of his salary for the year. I don't think that is a big deal myself.

RoscoeMagic
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
If we wanted him, we would have signed him back when he was available. We're gonna pass on him again, folks, especially now that our tackles are healthy.

better days
11-29-2011, 03:17 PM
If we wanted him, we would have signed him back when he was available. We're gonna pass on him again, folks, especially now that our tackles are healthy.

You are most likely right, especially since the Bills have little hope of making the playoffs now.