Troup
    Carrington
    Easley
    Wang
    Moats
    Batten
    Brown
    Calloway

Moats and spiller are the best of the group...but that doesn't say much. Wang is gone on a team with OL needs. Easley and Troup hardly stay healthy. Calloway? who is he? i don't recall hearing his name for a while. And Batten has helped be a special teamer which we seem to draft well for.

So far - D+
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Grade the 2010 Draft

D

Comment

• DesertFox24
      • Jul 2005

Way to early. The lockout hurt the development of players like Troup, Carrington, Batten, and Moats.

Lets see how these guys look next year. Troup was supposedly looking real good till the back problem happened and he broke his hand.

Hopefully it is not a chronic back problem and he gets it fixed this offseason and strengthens his back so this does not happen.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Spiller- nothing special, can play in league, overdrafted
        Troup - way overdrafted. questionable at this point if he can even play in a rotation. Bad pick.
        Carrington- marginal rotational player in league.
        Easley- college one year wonder, combine workout freak, injuries probably will never give him a chance.
        Wang- sucks, Bills just wanting to be different smarter then everybody else taking 1st Chinese player.
        Moats- few brief moments, will be surprised if he even makes the team next year.
        Batten- special teamer, NFL backup at best. May last a couple of years in league.
        Brown- another small school were smarter then you pick. {Noticing a trend ? }
        Calloway - nothing.

Terrible draft. Ranks up there with the many terrible drafts the Bills have had the last 12 years. GRADE - FAIL.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

It's not looking too good right now, but this class has really struggled with health issues. It's still early and the lockout didn't help anyone's development, but I think the third year is really the make or break year. So I think after next season we'll have a better handle on if this class was a total bust or not.

All we know for sure is that Wang was a waste of a pick and Brown and Calloway dind't work out, but they were 7th rounders.

I'm not expecting anything from Batten, but he did miss his whole rookie year.

I was impressed with Moats last year as a 6th rounder being able to step in and make some plays. I'd really like to see him starting at OLB for the rest of this season instead of Spencer Johnson.

I liked what I saw from Easley in pre-season and I think he'd do a lot better in this offense then Donald Jones, but we won't know until he plays. He has to do something next year, or he's a total bust.

I think Carrington has been solid and performed well at times. He's a guy that was probably hurt by the lockout and being moved around to different positions due to not having any legit OLB's didn't help him this year either. I think at the very least he's great depth and a solid rotational player. I expect him to continue improving though, and could still be a solid starter.

Troup has been hurt all year, which sucks, but he's another guy that at the very least could be great depth and a decent rotational guy. I could see him starting next year though, in between Dareus and Kyle Williams.

Spiller has a big opportunity over the next 5 games to show something and I think he will. I just wish we had a healthier O-line. I still love his talents and he's shown flashes at time.

Overall all though, like I said before, next year will be make or break for this class.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
            • Sep 2002

I'd give them a D but I can't tell you why it isn't lower.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Only projectible starter is Spiller and he is stuck behind the best player on the team - who also happened to be the best player on the team the day Spiller was drafted.

Brilliant!

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

F-

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Incomplete

Comment

• dannyek71
                    Drink Responsibly
                    • Dec 2004

F

Moats is the only guy who as done ANYTHING
                    [

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by EDS
                      Only projectible starter is Spiller and he is stuck behind the best player on the team - who also happened to be the best player on the team the day Spiller was drafted.

Brilliant!
                      If Easley gets healthy, I think he projects as a starter next year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Spiller- C+
                        Troup- D
                        Carrington- B-
                        Easley- INC
                        Wang- F
                        Moats -B-
                        Batten- B-
                        Brown- D
                        Calloway- D

That averages out to about a C-.

Spiller has never lived up to his billing. He occasionally makes a play but is nowhere close to living up to where he's drafted. Troup is often injured and does very little when he plays. Carrington contributes, Easley hasn't seen the field yet, Wang was a bust, Moats and Batten are relatively late picks who are contributing (hence the slightly higher grade). Brown and Calloway aren't on the team anymore, but since they were 7th rounders with low expectations, they get D's and not F's.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by dannyek71
                          F

Moats is the only guy who as done ANYTHING
                          and he's done next to nothing.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Spiller- C+
                            Troup- D
                            Carrington- B-
                            Easley- INC
                            Wang- F
                            Moats -B-
                            Batten- B-
                            Brown- D
                            Calloway- D

Spiller has never lived up to his billing. He occasionally makes a play but is nowhere close to living up to where he's drafted. Troup is often injured and does very little when he plays. Carrington contributes, Easley hasn't seen the field yet, Wang was a bust, Moats and Batten are relatively late picks who are contributing (hence the slightly higher grade). Brown and Calloway aren't on the team anymore, but since they were 7th rounders with low expectations, they get D's and not F's.
                            Oh, and if Spiller doesn't finish the year strong or Easley doesn't contribute by next season, the overall grade drops to a D. If neither of those things happen, F.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Spiller- C+
                              Troup- D
                              Carrington- B-
                              Easley- INC
                              Wang- F
                              Moats -B-
                              Batten- B-
                              Brown- D
                              Calloway- D

James Starks was taken one pick after Batten and Antonio Brown two picks after and Moats was taken before any of them so you might want to reconsider your grades.

Comment

Working...
                              X