Troup
Carrington
Easley
Wang
Moats
Batten
Brown
Calloway

Moats and spiller are the best of the group...but that doesn't say much. Wang is gone on a team with OL needs. Easley and Troup hardly stay healthy. Calloway? who is he? i don't recall hearing his name for a while. And Batten has helped be a special teamer which we seem to draft well for.

So far - D+

Novacane
11-29-2011, 09:03 AM
D

DesertFox24
11-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Way to early. The lockout hurt the development of players like Troup, Carrington, Batten, and Moats.

Lets see how these guys look next year. Troup was supposedly looking real good till the back problem happened and he broke his hand.

Hopefully it is not a chronic back problem and he gets it fixed this offseason and strengthens his back so this does not happen.

k-oneputt
11-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Spiller- nothing special, can play in league, overdrafted
Troup - way overdrafted. questionable at this point if he can even play in a rotation. Bad pick.
Carrington- marginal rotational player in league.
Easley- college one year wonder, combine workout freak, injuries probably will never give him a chance.
Wang- sucks, Bills just wanting to be different smarter then everybody else taking 1st Chinese player.
Moats- few brief moments, will be surprised if he even makes the team next year.
Batten- special teamer, NFL backup at best. May last a couple of years in league.
Brown- another small school were smarter then you pick. {Noticing a trend ? }
Calloway - nothing.

Terrible draft. Ranks up there with the many terrible drafts the Bills have had the last 12 years. GRADE - FAIL.

Ed
11-29-2011, 10:37 AM
It's not looking too good right now, but this class has really struggled with health issues. It's still early and the lockout didn't help anyone's development, but I think the third year is really the make or break year. So I think after next season we'll have a better handle on if this class was a total bust or not.

All we know for sure is that Wang was a waste of a pick and Brown and Calloway dind't work out, but they were 7th rounders.

I'm not expecting anything from Batten, but he did miss his whole rookie year.

I was impressed with Moats last year as a 6th rounder being able to step in and make some plays. I'd really like to see him starting at OLB for the rest of this season instead of Spencer Johnson.

I liked what I saw from Easley in pre-season and I think he'd do a lot better in this offense then Donald Jones, but we won't know until he plays. He has to do something next year, or he's a total bust.

I think Carrington has been solid and performed well at times. He's a guy that was probably hurt by the lockout and being moved around to different positions due to not having any legit OLB's didn't help him this year either. I think at the very least he's great depth and a solid rotational player. I expect him to continue improving though, and could still be a solid starter.

Troup has been hurt all year, which sucks, but he's another guy that at the very least could be great depth and a decent rotational guy. I could see him starting next year though, in between Dareus and Kyle Williams.

Spiller has a big opportunity over the next 5 games to show something and I think he will. I just wish we had a healthier O-line. I still love his talents and he's shown flashes at time.

Overall all though, like I said before, next year will be make or break for this class.

Lone Stranger
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd give them a D but I can't tell you why it isn't lower.

EDS
11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Only projectible starter is Spiller and he is stuck behind the best player on the team - who also happened to be the best player on the team the day Spiller was drafted.

Brilliant!

Historian
11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
F-

madness
11-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Incomplete

dannyek71
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
F

Moats is the only guy who as done ANYTHING

better days
11-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Only projectible starter is Spiller and he is stuck behind the best player on the team - who also happened to be the best player on the team the day Spiller was drafted.

Brilliant!

If Easley gets healthy, I think he projects as a starter next year.

OpIv37
11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Spiller- C+
Troup- D
Carrington- B-
Easley- INC
Wang- F
Moats -B-
Batten- B-
Brown- D
Calloway- D

That averages out to about a C-.

Spiller has never lived up to his billing. He occasionally makes a play but is nowhere close to living up to where he's drafted. Troup is often injured and does very little when he plays. Carrington contributes, Easley hasn't seen the field yet, Wang was a bust, Moats and Batten are relatively late picks who are contributing (hence the slightly higher grade). Brown and Calloway aren't on the team anymore, but since they were 7th rounders with low expectations, they get D's and not F's.

The Jokeman
11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
F

and he's done next to nothing.

OpIv37
11-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Spiller- C+
Troup- D
Carrington- B-
Easley- INC
Wang- F
Moats -B-
Batten- B-
Brown- D
Calloway- D

Spiller has never lived up to his billing. He occasionally makes a play but is nowhere close to living up to where he's drafted. Troup is often injured and does very little when he plays. Carrington contributes, Easley hasn't seen the field yet, Wang was a bust, Moats and Batten are relatively late picks who are contributing (hence the slightly higher grade). Brown and Calloway aren't on the team anymore, but since they were 7th rounders with low expectations, they get D's and not F's.

Oh, and if Spiller doesn't finish the year strong or Easley doesn't contribute by next season, the overall grade drops to a D. If neither of those things happen, F.

The Jokeman
11-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Spiller- C+
Troup- D
Carrington- B-
Easley- INC
Wang- F
Moats -B-
Batten- B-
Brown- D
Calloway- D

James Starks was taken one pick after Batten and Antonio Brown two picks after and Moats was taken before any of them so you might want to reconsider your grades.

Oaf
11-29-2011, 02:07 PM
F

Moats has done NOTHING besides a hustle hit on Favre and one QB hit on Vick. Two great players, but still, the guy doesn't deserve any more grace than a Carrington does.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2011, 02:09 PM
F

DraftBoy
11-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Until any player actually establishes himself and can make a consistent impact this grade is a F.

trapezeus
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
spiller is kind of jockeying for the old whitner role. decent enough, but shouldn't have been picked 9.

To be fair though, i don't know if the backs picked after him and are doing well are just because they are the better back. they have better circumstances.

ServoBillieves
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Spiller - C: Can't find the hole, but versatile and gets yards with his hands.

Troup - C-: Can't grade a backup when he's hurt and can't find the field. That's not a talent fault, that's an injury fault (again, shocker)

Carrington - B-: Most people won't agree with the grade, but this staff has a lot of faith in his talent. the OLB/DE hybrid, helps in the run game, and is a serviceable backup. Should be saved for later rounds but he's doin' it well.

Easley - N/A: All the promise in the world, looks great in workouts, should be the #2 or #3 to Stevie, but injured. I hope the best for him with his heart condition, most certainly not his fault he hasn't seen the field.

Wang - D-: He's still on the team, but he's not proving his worth... He shut down Maybin, could've used him in the Jets' game Sunday.

Moats - B: Shows flashes, but still needs to learn

Batten - N/A: Injured all last season, Kelsay's backup and fill in, didn't look lost but didn't overly perform. Rookie's are allowed to make mistakes.

Brown - F: "We got the guy we wanted" Sure you did Chan.

Calloway - N/A: Thought we got a steal here, but we apparently did not.

RoscoeMagic
11-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Way to early. The lockout hurt the development of players like Troup, Carrington, Batten, and Moats.

Lets see how these guys look next year. Troup was supposedly looking real good till the back problem happened and he broke his hand.

Hopefully it is not a chronic back problem and he gets it fixed this offseason and strengthens his back so this does not happen.
Yeah let's wait. Too early to judge, however, I must say they all need to show marked improvement. They definitely deserve another year of evaluation, but I expected (as should everyone) a lot more than what these guys as a whole have shown through 27 games.

Luisito23
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
F...

People keep saying "lets wait another year" well that has gotten very old.

Draft after draft the same thing is said, and next thing you know is 3 years later, and the scrubs still haven't contributed anything.

Rinse, and repeat with this current draft class.

YardRat
11-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Incomplete.

bigbub2352
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
the jury is still out but right now d-

BillsFever21
11-29-2011, 08:50 PM
D

A whole lot of nothing just like the rest of the Bills drafts over the past decade.

BillsFever21
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM
F...

People keep saying "lets wait another year" well that has gotten very old.

Draft after draft the same thing is said, and next thing you know is 3 years later, and the scrubs still haven't contributed anything.

Rinse, and repeat with this current draft class.

That's what all the apologists say every season and it never happens. If it's not wait until next year with another year for the players to develop even after saying it the year before that then it's talking about the success of our team/coach and saying "wait until next year" and we will be better and will be a playoff contender. Which obviously that never happens either.

We will still have the same people this year saying "wait until next year we will be in the playoff hunt" after another year in the system, the players develop another year and we lean how to win, etc. All of this only because we got off to a fast lucky start. We heard the same thing in 2008. This team isn't much better then it was last season. Next season will be another average team.

I guess that's better then saying the same thing when we didn't have any success at all the entire season. To some this team is always only a year or two away but it never happens. After that we end up with a new coach/GM and we start the process again as far as the "rebuilding process" goes and the excuses and the claims stated above.

This organization is a complete joke. If the Texans can hold on to their lead after losing Schaub and then Leinart then we will be stuck with only the Lions as the teams with the longest stint without making the playoffs. If the Lions hold on and get the WC spot in the NFC we will be the only team remaining. What a great category to be in.

Bangarang
11-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Moats is garbage. Not sure why people think he's shown promise. Maybin is better than Moats at this point.

BillsFever21
11-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Moats is garbage. Not sure why people think he's shown promise. Maybin is better than Moats at this point.
Because he ended Brett Favre's streak of consecutive games played. Outside of that he's had a couple sacks. Big deal. That's is one of the biggest reasons though. The day after that play people were writing him in as a legitimate starter for years to come.

After the Favre play and sack or two some were calling him the next James Harrison. It's just the normal for some Bills fans to overrate their players with nothing to show for it just because they hope they are or will be the real deal and/or because they play for the Bills.

What's even more horrible is our team couldn't get anything out of Maybin and one year later he has 5 sacks for the Jets and is playing decent football.

Not saying he will end up as a great player. Maybe an average starter give or take at best but what does that say for our coaching staff and organization when we draft a guy as high as him and he basically doesn't even see the field for two years and then we get rid of him and he is having success with another team.

Sure that type of stuff happens. Some players mature later or it might just be a lucky streak, etc, but when you have the history of the Bills failing with draft picks and developing players it shows a trend.

This organization is a joke from the top down and has been for years. The last time we had a talented team was under Donahoe but we didn't have the coach to take them further and bring out the success.

That is one reason why I won't commit to spending another dime on tickets which could go to more useful things in a bad economy until this team shows they are committed to getting better. By the way the ticket sales have been the past several years many fans are feeling the same way and I don't blame them.

stuckincincy
11-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Eff. Ing. Poor.

EDS
11-30-2011, 08:14 AM
The 2009 draft class, despite the abject failure of Aaron Maybin and injuries/etc. to Shawn Nelson, still neted 3 full time starters by year 2 - Wood, Levitre and Byrd.

jills
12-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Craptastic!

BuffaloSoldier
12-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Right now it gets failing marks but it is really too early to tell. Spiller could be something special but it will take time.