PDA

View Full Version : Jack Del Rio >>>>>>>>>>> George Edwards

Stewie
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Just sayin'.

better days
11-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Just sayin'.

Problem is he will still be paid next year if he works or not. I doubt he would jump at a DC job on any team.

Then he will probably work for TV if he does not get another HC job.

RedEyE
11-29-2011, 10:13 AM
I don't think he would mind returning to a DC role.

If he does, I don't think it will be with the Buffalo Bills. And Gailey and Del Rio do not have a connections that I know of.

BLeonard
11-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Problem is he will still be paid next year if he works or not. I doubt he would jump at a DC job on any team.

Then he will probably work for TV if he does not get another HC job.

The thing about that is, say he's due to make $3 million next year... If he gets a DC gig that pays, let's say $2 million, Jax would still have to make up the difference. So, it's not like he'd be leaving money on the table if he took a DC job somewhere. He could take a DC gig to help pad his resume for another HC job, when and if that comes.

I wouldn't hold my breath on him being hired in Buffalo, though.

-Bill

ublinkwescore
11-29-2011, 10:18 AM
i don't care what is done, as long as something is done. hell, throw the bank at wade phillips to be our defensive head coach, and let gailey just focus on the O.

better days
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
The thing about that is, say he's due to make $3 million next year... If he gets a DC gig that pays, let's say $2 million, Jax would still have to make up the difference. So, it's not like he'd be leaving money on the table if he took a DC job somewhere. He could take a DC gig to help pad his resume for another HC job, when and if that comes.

I wouldn't hold my breath on him being hired in Buffalo, though.

-Bill

I just don't see him taking any job next year unless it is to be a HC again. After coaching as long as he has he will probably enjoy a year off to recharge his batteries. JMO.

Novacane
11-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I just don't see him taking any job next year unless it is to be a HC again. After coaching as long as he has he will probably enjoy a year off to recharge his batteries. JMO.

I don't see another team giving him a shot at the head job.

SquishDaFish
11-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I dont see him getting a shot as hc anywhere this or next year. Also dont see edwards getting fired midseason either

Stewie
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM
They're not going to fire Edwards until the end of the season, if they do.

And Del Rio is owed 5 million next year, btw.

better days
11-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't see another team giving him a shot at the head job.

I don't either. I expect to see him on ESPN or NFL Network next year & maybe for many years to come.

Historian
11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Anyone with a pulse>>>>>>>>>>George Edwards

mrbojanglezs
11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Jack Del rio is greater than a greater than sign?

Stewie
11-29-2011, 11:35 AM
No, Jack Del Rio is greater than ten greater than signs, the sum of which are greater than George Edwards.

mrbojanglezs
11-29-2011, 11:45 AM
No, Jack Del Rio is greater than ten greater than signs, the sum of which are greater than George Edwards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih6XjO_fhrI

BILLSROCK1212
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
he'll go the way of Herman Edwards and Brian Billick...

YardRat
11-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Anyone with a pulse>>>>>>>>>>George Edwards

This ^.

But, why in the hell would anybody want to bring in a guy that has exactly one year experience as a DC?

ublinkwescore
11-29-2011, 08:07 PM
there has to be someone who can do a better job than edwards. and that someone had better be on the bills sideline next season.

bigbub2352
11-29-2011, 08:32 PM
would luv the move

Lexwhat
11-30-2011, 03:21 PM
There's a simple reason why Jack Del Rio won't be DC for the Bills next season...

It's because Chan Gailey's future after next season is uncertain. Why would Del Rio want to come here for only a year, not knowing his future, especially when he'll already be getting paid $5 million dollars by the Jaguars?

He'll likely take next season off, unless he gets an opportunity to be a long-term Defensive Coordinator somewhere... IMO, the Patriots or Eagles would be good options for him.

better days
11-30-2011, 05:43 PM
There's a simple reason why Jack Del Rio won't be DC for the Bills next season...

It's because Chan Gailey's future after next season is uncertain. Why would Del Rio want to come here for only a year, not knowing his future, especially when he'll already be getting paid $5 million dollars by the Jaguars?

He'll likely take next season off, unless he gets an opportunity to be a long-term Defensive Coordinator somewhere... IMO, the Patriots or Eagles would be good options for him.

I doubt after being a HC for 9 years Del Rio will go ANYWHERE to take a DC position. He can probably make as much money working for ESPN or the NFL Network as a DC job would pay without the stress & headaches.

Not that he needs to worry about money. He doesn't have to work another day if he doesn't WANT to, he can retire today.

Lexwhat
11-30-2011, 08:01 PM
I doubt after being a HC for 9 years Del Rio will go ANYWHERE to take a DC position. He can probably make as much money working for ESPN or the NFL Network as a DC job would pay without the stress & headaches.

Not that he needs to worry about money. He doesn't have to work another day if he doesn't WANT to, he can retire today.

Some people just can't stay away from the football field though. We have no idea what Jack Del Rio wants to do. With all that money, he could sit at home for the rest of his life, but does that mean he will? Probably not.

I agree -- maybe he'll take next season off and spend time with his family. With a 1-2 career playoff record over 8 seasons, I don't think he'll be getting a Head Coaching gig in the NFL anytime soon.

But *if* he were to coach somewhere next season, I think the Eagles DC job would be ideal for him (even more so than the Patriots DC / Assistant Head Coach job). He would probably get full control of their Defense, and that team is loaded with talent.

Anyway, I haven't read any articles linking him to either team -- I'm just throwing out ideas.

Philagape
11-30-2011, 10:17 PM
A greater than sign is greater than George Edwards.

Extremebillsfan247
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Just sayin'.He won't coach here while Gailey is the HC, Just sayin'.