PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jax not going to PB.

Oaf
11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/ Ineligible. Sucks..

trapezeus
11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
bills should fly him and his family out. without him, the team wouldn't have nearly been as entertaining.

maybe they won't resign fred, trade him for a fourth to a good team and we can see fred play on a good team. he'd change a lot of minds for sure on how awesome he truly is.

TigerJ
11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that's too bad.

SABURZFAN
11-29-2011, 02:49 PM
bills should fly him and his family out.

and cost The Old Fart money???? :roflmao:

better days
11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
bills should fly him and his family out. without him, the team wouldn't have nearly been as entertaining.

maybe they won't resign fred, trade him for a fourth to a good team and we can see fred play on a good team. he'd change a lot of minds for sure on how awesome he truly is.

Well, I doubt the Bills would get much in trade for a 31 year old RB that was on IR the year before.

I would rather see the Bills resign him or if not, let him play out his contract in Buffalo.

Skooby
11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
and cost The Old Fart money???? :roflmao:

Ralph's more likely to find the Holy Grail to live forever than to pay for FJ's vacation, isn't that obvious ?

ZEUS
11-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Well, I doubt the Bills would get much in trade for a 31 year old RB that was on IR the year before.

I would rather see the Bills resign him or if not, let him play out his contract in Buffalo.

Bilicheck would take him in a heartbeat.

Oaf
11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Bilicheck would take him in a heartbeat. It would take two 1st round picks for me to provide Fred Jackson to the Patriots. :refuse:

RoscoeMagic
11-29-2011, 03:20 PM
It would take two 1st round picks for me to provide Fred Jackson to the Patriots.

And not the Pats first rounders either. All those stupid picks they get from the stupid teams that are much higher.

ServoBillieves
11-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah let's trade our best player for a 4th. Not like he's Marshawn Ly... oh wait...

stuckincincy
11-29-2011, 04:32 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/ Ineligible. Sucks..

It does.

He can't get in on the behind-closed-doors deals and cash in. Player A gets a spot, then says he's hurt and can't play. Player B fills in, which kicks in his contract's $ clause if he makes the Pro Bowl.

And there you thought they were just a hard-working bunch of upstanding heroes...my o my.

:laughing:

Jeff1220
11-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Freddie is my favorite player in a long time. I think it would be beneficial for both him and the Bills to look at negotiating a 2-3 year front loaded extension.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Jackson should appeal the decision to put him on IR if it is that big of a deal. Isn't there some sort of process for that?

jcdavey
11-30-2011, 04:24 AM
i posted this the day it happened

IR = player is out for the rest of the season, even a fake game, because it's part of the nfl season

RedEyE
11-30-2011, 07:06 AM
Awesome! You know what else this team is ineligible of doing?

Succeeding.

Forward_Lateral
11-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but any player placed on IR shouldn't be eligible for the Probowl.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-01-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but any player placed on IR shouldn't be eligible for the Probowl.
Players injured after their nomination to the Pro Bowl get to keep their status as a Pro Bowler. Why should those who were injured before balloting was finished be denied the same opportunity? The best players of the year are the best players of the year. Timing of injuries should not matter, but because of this silly rule, it does.

Also, they shouldn't be allowed to put a player on injured reserve if they'll be healed prior to the end of the season, but as the Bills have shown in this case, they did. That's abuse of the system.

BuffaloSoldier
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Bilicheck would take him in a heartbeat.

and so would 15 other coaches

EricStratton
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Also, they shouldn't be allowed to put a player on injured reserve if they'll be healed prior to the end of the season, but as the Bills have shown in this case, they did. That's abuse of the system.

Every team does that but the way the system is set up with a roster limit they really don't have a choice.

A player like Fred who with a broken fibula may be ok in 3 weeks but may not be ok for 3 months it's hard to keep a roster spot empty.

better days
12-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Every team does that but the way the system is set up with a roster limit they really don't have a choice.

A player like Fred who with a broken fibula may be ok in 3 weeks but may not be ok for 3 months it's hard to keep a roster spot empty.

Yeah, rather than IR, I think football should have a disabled list like baseball where players can be brought back, or maybe a disabled list in addition to IR.

EricStratton
12-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah, rather than IR, I think football should have a disabled list like baseball where players can be brought back, or maybe a disabled list in addition to IR.

They had that a bunch of years ago but it went away in one of the previous CBA's.