PDA

View Full Version : Interesting web page I saw on bb.com

DesertFox24
12-01-2011, 08:07 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/30/pass-rushing-productivity-the-story-so-far/

Maybe Edwards is not a problem, maybe some of the problems are a young Dareus who will hopefully be a beast next season and the loss of Williams on the DL.

However, to be an elite Defense we need a guy or two to be on the top pass rusher list not interior DL list.

Hopefully Buddy spends some money and drafts well again this year because it is a huge need.

I think if we can get OLB fixed we will have fully transitioned to a 34, and with another draft we should have the required depth and the players needed at all levels of the defense to run it.

Fingers crossed that is.

better days
12-01-2011, 08:29 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/30/pass-rushing-productivity-the-story-so-far/

Maybe Edwards is not a problem, maybe some of the problems are a young Dareus who will hopefully be a beast next season and the loss of Williams on the DL.

However, to be an elite Defense we need a guy or two to be on the top pass rusher list not interior DL list.

Hopefully Buddy spends some money and drafts well again this year because it is a huge need.

I think if we can get OLB fixed we will have fully transitioned to a 34, and with another draft we should have the required depth and the players needed at all levels of the defense to run it.

Fingers crossed that is.

Dareus was not drafted because he was a great pass rusher. Fairley had more sacks in his last year in College than Dareus had in two years.

Dareus was drafted because he is a better player all around than Fairley. He is big & fast & will be a very good player for years to come. With him playing NT now with Williams injured, he is not in position to get many sacks.

The Bills needed help stopping the run more than rushing the passer going into the draft which Dareus is very good at.

The Bills need two edge rushers which they don't have yet. Lets hope they get at least one in the draft.

I blame Edwards for the fact the Bills can not even execute a Blitz & get a sack. That is all on the DC IMO.

EDS
12-01-2011, 08:35 AM

Fingers crossed that is.

Dareus is never going to be a big sack guy, his value is as an all around talent. Bills desperately need an edge rusher if they ever hope to have a solid 3-4 defense.

DesertFox24
12-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Um never said Dareus or Dwan Edwards were big sack guys or ever would be.

The point is that our DL is creating some good pressures as evident by our picks, but in order for our Defense to take the next step we need edge rushers which we do not have. That was the top list.

Also in a 34 if a DE gets 4 to 6 sacks that is incredible those were Seymore numbers with the Pats.

Better Days, I know my post was confusing but I was talking about Dwan not George sorry.

The whole point is that the bills do not need DL early which I was starting to think would help. We need Edge rushers in the worst way.

I would love for Nix to overpay for Anthony Spencer.

better days
12-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Um never said Dareus or Dwan Edwards were big sack guys or ever would be.

The point is that our DL is creating some good pressures as evident by our picks, but in order for our Defense to take the next step we need edge rushers which we do not have. That was the top list.

Also in a 34 if a DE gets 4 to 6 sacks that is incredible those were Seymore numbers with the Pats.

Better Days, I know my post was confusing but I was talking about Dwan not George sorry.

The whole point is that the bills do not need DL early which I was starting to think would help. We need Edge rushers in the worst way.

I would love for Nix to overpay for Anthony Spencer.

Yeah, I think the Bills know they need edge rushers & expect them to address that this offseason.

kingJofNYC
12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Wanted Dunlap in the 2nd, guy was a steal.

DesertFox24
12-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Wanted Dunlap in the 2nd, guy was a steal.

He is not a fit for what we do in my opinion. He is strictly a 43 guy.

We are looking for a Ware, Merriman (of old), Matthews, etc.. type.

kingJofNYC
12-01-2011, 10:01 AM
He is not a fit for what we do in my opinion. He is strictly a 43 guy.

We are looking for a Ware, Merriman (of old), Matthews, etc.. type.

Every team in the league is looking for a Ware or Matthews or whatever. Look at what a 4-3 team is doing with Von Miller. A pass rusher is a pass rusher and we can use anyone.

Kindle may have been the prototyical 3-4 guy you described, but he wasn't healthy. Pass rushers, the more the merrier. If he only comes in on 3rd down, or 2nd and long so be it, just as long as he's bringing heat off the edge.

Beebe's Kid
12-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Every team in the league is looking for a Ware or Matthews or whatever. Look at what a 4-3 team is doing with Von Miller. A pass rusher is a pass rusher and we can use anyone.

Kindle may have been the prototyical 3-4 guy you described, but he wasn't healthy. Pass rushers, the more the merrier. If he only comes in on 3rd down, or 2nd and long so be it, just as long as he's bringing heat off the edge.

Yeah, who is that guy that plays for the Jets? He has 5 sacks, and he only plays on 3rd down...just a speed guy on the outside.

YardRat
12-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Our d-line is fine, especially if Williams can return to form and dumb **** G.Edwards keeps Carrington, Johnson et al on the end where they belong instead of trying to make them play in space. Stupid ****er.

We do need OLBs...badly.

jamze132
12-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Our DC is a problem. He obviously has no clue how to disguise a blitz.

madness
12-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Testing young DBs (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/12/01/testing-young-dbs/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2011-12-01T16:06:59+0000"> December 1, 2011 – 4:06 pm </abbr> </small>

The three rookies in the secondary that have seen a lot of playing time the past two games will be playing their first home game in the secondary together. Knowing that communication has been an issue between all of them Buffalo’s defensive staff is preparing them for the crowd noise Bills fans will be providing to disrupt the Titans offense.
Chan Gailey has had crowd noise blaring onto the practice field this week so the young players are forced to communicate either by shouting or hand signals to communicate pre-snap checks.
“We got it done,” said Gailey. ”We got a good solid day in today with that and a lot of communication.”
Veteran George Wilson, who has been out of the lineup said film review of the Jets game showed more than 20 mental errors by the team with the secondary responsible for their share. That’s why Gailey was honest in his assessment of the communication on the back end the past couple of weeks.
“Average,” he said. ”They’re not there yet. It’s hurt us big a few times the lack of communication. So that’s an area for improvement.”
Aaron Williams, Justin Rogers and Da’Norris Searcy are all likely to be on the field a great deal again this week vs. Tennessee.