X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Good article about Stevie

You guys realize that if we won this game everyone of those people saying Stevie is an idiot would be all over him right now for doing what no one has done.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Good article about Stevie

Last time I checked, the only thing that matters is winning. The Bills didn't win, so who cares if SJ had 20 catches for 400 yards.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Once again, creating a hypothetical situation then basing an argument on your guess of how people would have reacted to a situation that never have occurred.

Once again, Stevie didn't do what it takes to win the game. Heaping praise on him because he beat Revis when he also took a mind-numbingly stupid penalty and dropped what was potentially the game-winning TD is accepting mediocrity. And for that, you earn the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval.

Defending Stevie after that penalty is on par with the morons who defended Whitner after he got a penalty for tackling that WR 8 yards deep in the endzone. And that's not even mentioning the stupid drop.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

It's like the playoff game the Bills lost to Miami when Eric Moulds broke records. Nobody cared because the Bills lost.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Once again, creating a hypothetical situation then basing an argument on your guess of how people would have reacted to a situation that never have occurred.

Once again, Stevie didn't do what it takes to win the game. Heaping praise on him because he beat Revis when he also took a mind-numbingly stupid penalty and dropped what was potentially the game-winning TD is accepting mediocrity. And for that, you earn the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval.

Defending Stevie after that penalty is on par with the morons who defended Whitner after he got a penalty for tackling that WR 8 yards deep in the endzone. And that's not even mentioning the stupid drop.
          I agree Stevie screwed the pooch in that game. I think he is still a good WR & want the Bills to resign him otherwise it is just another hole the Bills will need to fill.

Let's just hope he has learned his lesson & matures as far as celebrations go & that he learns to concentrate a little better.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
            I agree Stevie screwed the pooch in that game. I think he is still a good WR & want the Bills to resign him otherwise it is just another hole the Bills will need to fill.

Let's just hope he has learned his lesson & matures as far as celebrations go & that he learns to concentrate a little better.
            I agree for the most part- I just hope we don't give him a ridiculous contract.

I think there are two different issues that somehow got combined in this Stevie argument that's been raging on this board this week: Should he be re-signed, and did he screw up on Sunday?

Some people who want him to be re-signed think they also need to defend him for Sunday, which isn't necessarily true.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              Last time I checked, the only thing that matters is winning. The Bills didn't win, so who cares if SJ had 20 catches for 400 yards.
              My interpretation of this thread is to combat those other idiotic threads implying we should let Stevie walk. Did he do some stupid things in the game? Definitely. Did he also play very well for 95% of the game against the best CB in football? absolutely. But people are too frikkin stupid to realize, or else they are just pissed off because of the loss and his late drop and dont want to admit that he played well.

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

He would have been an idiot for what he did even if the team won. Celebrate when you score, sure, but to mock someone while doing so is classless.

Does Fred Jackson do stuff like this? No, because he is a professional.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  My interpretation of this thread is to combat those other idiotic threads implying we should let Stevie walk. Did he do some stupid things in the game? Definitely. Did he also play very well for 95% of the game against the best CB in football? absolutely. But people are too frikkin stupid to realize, or else they are just pissed off because of the loss and his late drop and dont want to admit that he played well.
                  See Krusty seal above.

He played well, but not well enough. And keep in mind that he made two stupid mistakes- the drop and the penalty- that hurt the team.

Does that mean we should let him walk? Not necessarily (although the mental mistakes are infuriating and could be construed as a reason to let him walk), but it just irritates the hell out of me to hear supposed "fans" of the Bills defend a guy who made two crucial mental errors in a close game that led to the loss.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DesertFox24
                    • Jul 2005

My point exactly.

Oh and these same people that want the bills to let him walk (Merril Hodge being the biggest) would destroy buffalo for letting him go when he becomes a super star for San Fran or some other team.

For the record it was a dumb penalty and it cost the team a win more than likely. Hopefully it never happens again and hopefully this team can rebound and win 3 to 4 more games and end the season on a high note and learn about being consistent.

They wanted to win early last year, proved they could late in the year
                    Believed they could win early in the year, got over confident in the middle, hopefully they remember they need to work and know they are supposed to win late in year

Next year hopefully that carries over and we have a much more consistent and hopefully more talented team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I would have rather have Stevie get one catch that would have won us the game over his nos. vs. Reevis.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        See Krusty seal above.

He played well, but not well enough. And keep in mind that he made two stupid mistakes- the drop and the penalty- that hurt the team.

Does that mean we should let him walk? Not necessarily (although the mental mistakes are infuriating and could be construed as a reason to let him walk), but it just irritates the hell out of me to hear supposed "fans" of the Bills defend a guy who made two crucial mental errors in a close game that led to the loss.
                        Name a HOF receiver who has not dropped a potentially game winning or game clinching catch. They all have.

No I am not saying Stevie is a HOF, but the guy is 25 and has at least 8 more seasons of potentially great play, and I want those seasons to be in a bill uniform.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

To win a game like that, he needs to play well for 100 percent. He needs to finish.

It's like a goalie who's lights out for two periods but then lets in an inexcusable softie to lose the game 2-1.
                          Is he the sole reason they lost? No. Is he one of the reasons they lost? Yes.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                            Name a HOF receiver who has not dropped a potentially game winning or game clinching catch. They all have.

No I am not saying Stevie is a HOF, but the guy is 25 and has at least 8 more seasons of potentially great play, and I want those seasons to be in a bill uniform.
                            When Stevie puts up the numbers and makes the big catches that HOF receivers make, then you can make the comparison. But not until.

I think the lack of maturity is a big concern. He didn't take responsibility on Twitter last year after the drop and he did the same thing this year. And that penalty was inexcusable. Those are the reasons why I would hesitate on giving him a huge contract.

I'm not saying that we should definitely let him walk. It depends on a lot of factors: who else is available, how much he wants, how he finishes the season, etc.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Stewie
                              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                              • Aug 2002

I'd rather Stevie learn his lesson now, rather than say throw his helmet during the superbowl. If he can find it. :P
                              Originally posted by Topdog
                              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              I love Weiner.
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              also cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X